PDA

View Full Version : Burnout Revenge advertising


King_Ghidra
09-09-2005, 15:27:06
The burnout revenge adverts feature sexy ladies breaking stuff in revenge for something, burnout presumably. Here's an example:

http://www.thumbbandits.com/forum/uploads/NewsGirl/Burnout_ad_2.jpg


Anyway, the debate about the rather old school sexist advertising has kicked off.

http://www.thumbbandits.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2217&PN=1

But this guy's response was the best:

as someone from a construction background i don;t understand the bolt cutters or the ball and chain demolition. Firstly the bolt cutters seem to be implying she cut something on the car that has made it crash. The logical choice would be the brakes. However the idea of using extended handled bolt cutters to cut the brake cbales is just silly. How are you supposed to use them from a postion under the car?

secondly. the ball and chain makes no sense. Usually a device such as this would be attached to an almost craine like machne. the use of one of these actually requires a great deal of skill and cencentration and the idea that is can be controlled with what seems to be a 2 button control module with a sort of joystick is frankly stupid?

furthermore the use of such machinary would require the operator to be wearing P.P.E ( personally protective equipment )as required by the law. Items such as hat hard, hi visibility vest, workmen ( or women in this case) strength gloves and possibly a harness depending on the situation

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Greg W
09-09-2005, 15:32:52
There is no safeguard to stupid people mating and producing stupendously stupid children...

Nills Lagerbaak
12-09-2005, 16:43:37
I like the one of the girl applying her lipstick in the ripped off wing mirror!

Nills Lagerbaak
12-09-2005, 16:45:09
"The ironing one is completely stupid, i mean she's burnt through her own skirt by the look of it, cutting your nose off to spite your face surely."

:lol: :lol:

Beta1
12-09-2005, 16:52:49
I like the last bit of that post that you missed


also..."no i will not be quiet?"

"what do you mean i am being overly analytical of media products again?"

"no you shut up!"

"its true though! fight club does depict a subverted gay relationship between two men. and star wars is covert proppa gander for the nazi regieme"

"oh what do you know? you don;t even have a body and no one else but me can hear you but me"

anyway where was I?

King_Ghidra
12-09-2005, 16:56:32
yeah that bit scared me, i thought i'd better omit it

King_Ghidra
29-09-2005, 13:29:04
Probably worth adding that the game is getting excellent reviews everywhere i see and definitely looks worth a purchase.

self biased
03-10-2005, 01:53:57
it is, KG. it took everything that was good about the previous game and made it better. my only complaint is the vehicle selection is a little bland.

Gary
03-10-2005, 09:00:07
Cute. Long live sexual fantasy art.

There most of a 54% market share appreciating it apparently, and most of the other 46% just smiling tolerantly, and not getting their panties in a bunch.