PDA

View Full Version : Mrs Horse just had to move that TV

Alexander's Horse
03-09-2005, 02:34:59
We got cable TV in our new house in Korea. It took us a week to work out how to operate it. Last night we got it going for the first time. It was great after a week without TV. I stayed up till 2am watching it. Mainly the huricane - hope everyone is okay...

This morning Mrs Horse decides to move the TV cabinet. Its rickety and heavy. The sliding platform the TV sits on is not stable. The wooden shelving hood above is not attached to the base cabinet below the TV as it should be. The wooden hood is heavy and slides around knocking the TV while 3 of us are trying to shift the TV to where she wants it, which is like a foot or two to the left.... or the right...or in the corner....:cry:

Sure enough, the TV platform suddenly shifts forward knocked by the hood and the TV falls out, taking a big chunk out of the wood floor. The cable to DVD cable is shredded. Fortunately the TV tube didn't blow but the top right corner of the casing is smashed. We can't get the cable TV to work anymore, or the DVD player. Miraculously the TV still works. Its borrowed btw, over 100cm. We have to give it back when our own stuff arrives. She's says, no problem, "we'll just have to replace it" :shoot:

An hour later and I'm still getting over the shock :bash:

I've never had a TV crash to the floor like that before, face first :eek:

The only saving grace is I didn't get into an argument with her about it and basically avoided saying dumb "I told you so" things :smoke:

But God it was hard to keep my mouth shut :nervous:

Greg W
03-09-2005, 02:51:11
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I mean, um, bummer mate. :o

Chris
03-09-2005, 03:06:43
Ha-hah

http://www.jrj-socrates.com/Cartoon%20Pics/Fox/Simpsons/Nelson_Muntz_300.gif

Alexander's Horse
03-09-2005, 04:16:41
it was one of those jobs for your SO where you're thinking "I don't think this is a good idea" but you know resistance is futile.

devilmunchkin
03-09-2005, 07:43:29
....why didn't she take the tv out before moving the cabinet? she's lucky she didn't get hurt.

fp
03-09-2005, 08:51:14
Originally posted by devilmunchkin
....why didn't she take the tv out before moving the cabinet?

That's one of the things Horse is glad he didn't say.

Gary
03-09-2005, 09:08:01
That'll learn you not to be master in your own house :)

Next time, tell her to move it herself, and go for a beer.

Spartak
03-09-2005, 11:07:54
Originally posted by Chris
Ha-hah

http://www.jrj-socrates.com/Cartoon%20Pics/Fox/Simpsons/Nelson_Muntz_300.gif :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

protein
03-09-2005, 11:28:59
....why didn't she take the tv out before moving the cabinet? she's lucky she didn't get hurt.
That would require thought before action - not a very female trait. Women get stuck in to a task and moan at the men for not doing anything. Men sit back, have a beer and think about the easiest possible way of doing it. Then they argue, the man ends up doing it the way that the woman wants while she watches and moans and then afterwards the woman says "we should have done it the other way". Then the man drinks more beer to calm his frayed nerves.

protein
03-09-2005, 11:29:39
Then the woman forrages for nuts and berries.

DevilsH@lo
03-09-2005, 15:40:51
You didn't speak to laz before attempting this manouver did you???

Tv tube's these days are built for a certain amount of impact, and have a weak point built into the neck so if it was going to break it would break there.

Companies would start losing customers if they imploded like they used too.

Alexander's Horse
03-09-2005, 16:07:25
....why didn't she take the tv out before moving the cabinet?

she's got her you know...

BigGameHunter
03-09-2005, 17:27:56
Sounds familiar...my folks had given my wife and I a nice TV/VCR combo about a month or so back. I loaded it into the back of the van. Later that day, Mrs. BGH opened up the door and it fell onto the pavement. I have no idea why it didn't explode into a million pieces of foot shredding glass, but it survived, albeit with a nice set of scratches on the glass. Still works, too.
I couldn't say anything since it hit her in the foot on the way down.

alsieboo
03-09-2005, 20:48:04
nice

Cruddy
03-09-2005, 21:53:00
Ahahaha!

Another western barbarian succumbs to ancient "put huge appriance in dodgy case" trick!

The Norks
03-09-2005, 22:42:00
don't you understand guys? We women arange for these little mishaps so that you can feel all superior when you tell us the reasons why what we did was dangerous/stupid/against the laws of physics.

If we didn't give you spatial awareness and heavy lifting, all you'd have left is sperm.

protein
03-09-2005, 23:28:08
and the urge to cook meat outdoors.

Alexander's Horse
04-09-2005, 01:25:49
modern TVs seem more hardy - those of us who remember old tellys also remember the way the cathode tube would explode if dropped

The Norks
04-09-2005, 01:34:03
memories...
misty watercolour memories...

protein
04-09-2005, 01:37:10
fuzzy black and white memories....

devilmunchkin
04-09-2005, 03:39:11
Originally posted by protein
That would require thought before action - not a very female trait. Women get stuck in to a task and moan at the men for not doing anything. Men sit back, have a beer and think about the easiest possible way of doing it. Then they argue, the man ends up doing it the way that the woman wants while she watches and moans and then afterwards the woman says "we should have done it the other way". Then the man drinks more beer to calm his frayed nerves.

Which is more ironic considering I'm a woman and I suggested the move the tv first. lol. then again, ppl tell me all the time that more often than not, i don't think like a woman. SOmetimes, but not always.

JM^3
04-09-2005, 03:54:47
I dont' beleive in thinking like a woman or a man

I think that women and men think differently... I guess I should sayt that our current stereotypes of male and female are heavily determined by culture..

and not as much on genetic makeup (Athough it makes sense for some differences caused by genetic makeup)

JM

Alexander's Horse
04-09-2005, 07:36:10
theres more and more evidence of hard wired differences between genders

Iskandar Reza
04-09-2005, 17:34:44
There's this brain gender test somewhere on bbc's website.. don't have the link with me, but if you do a search for "Sex I.D." you'll get it... it's a pretty long test, and you may have to get a ruler or tape measure for certain segments of the test.

But the results can be quite fascinating. A friend that we've long suspected wasn't all man was confirmed by the test to possess a woman's brain.

The Norks
04-09-2005, 18:24:16
we all did that a while back didnt we? Tizzy and I came out as predominantly male and Funko was predominantly female from what I remember. DH was very male. This means Tizzy and Funko are both gender confused homosexuals, and DH was unwittingly participating in gay sex with a closet tranny. Or something :D

Provost Harrison
04-09-2005, 21:09:45
Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
theres more and more evidence of hard wired differences between genders

My mother's grip of the usage of video recorders is still tenuous even after well over two decades of owning one. And yet she manages to be a teaching assistant in ICT :lol:

devilmunchkin
05-09-2005, 05:03:53
why is it the second you act like your gender, your significant other flings it in your face as an insult?? why do ppl do this?

Iskandar Reza
05-09-2005, 07:23:29
I remember reading this short poem... I think it goes like this:

As a rule, man is a fool,
When it is hot, he wants it cool,
When it is cold, he wants it hot,
Always wanting what is not

Gary
05-09-2005, 08:26:26
Acting like your gender, or using your stereotype as justification ?

Provost Harrison
05-09-2005, 11:25:25
why is it the second you act like your gender, your significant other flings it in your face as an insult?? why do ppl do this?

Can you illustrate this?

Funko
05-09-2005, 11:48:23
Not moving the TV out of the cabinet and trying to move the whole thing together whilst still is definitely the kind of thing I'd expect a man to do.

And we'd get annoyed if anyone told us to disconnect it all first.

Anyway, it's just as much Horses fault for not suggesting disconnecting things first if he was taking part in the moving...

Alexander's Horse
05-09-2005, 12:20:09
yes its my fault, its always my fault....

Funko
05-09-2005, 12:28:51
Horns must be onto something with that me being female and Tizzy being male thing, after all it's always Tizzy's fault

Alexander's Horse
05-09-2005, 12:33:30
or Tizzy, its always Tizzy's fault

Provost Harrison
05-09-2005, 12:36:46
Originally posted by Funko
Not moving the TV out of the cabinet and trying to move the whole thing together whilst still is definitely the kind of thing I'd expect a man to do.

And we'd get annoyed if anyone told us to disconnect it all first.

Anyway, it's just as much Horses fault for not suggesting disconnecting things first if he was taking part in the moving...

I thought that horns has some personal anecdote to tell us all, so quiet :p

Tizzy
05-09-2005, 13:11:53
Originally posted by Funko
Horns must be onto something with that me being female and Tizzy being male thing, after all it's always Tizzy's fault

Damnit, not again! :mad:

The Norks
05-09-2005, 13:30:27
I blame the Government.

Greg W
05-09-2005, 13:41:29
I blame Bossman.

Spartak
05-09-2005, 13:51:24
I blame John Buchanan,

Alexander's Horse
05-09-2005, 22:44:26