View Full Version : I think I drink too much

JM^3
26-08-2005, 20:29:12
and act like an idiot

I should stop

JM

MattHiggs
26-08-2005, 20:30:49
No you shouldn't, you should drink more!

Gary
26-08-2005, 20:34:22
One should only stop if one has no control. Otherwise consider cutting down.

Are you sure it's the drink ?

JM^3
26-08-2005, 20:38:57
I don't remember much of last night.. not a good thing

JM

MattHiggs
26-08-2005, 20:39:26
If you can't remember, it didn't happen.

Lurker the Second
26-08-2005, 20:57:49
Quit fucking drinking so much and start playing SWG again, dumbass. Venom needs help.

Venom
26-08-2005, 21:34:08
If you ain't dead, you ain't drinking enough.

JM^3
26-08-2005, 22:15:41
yeah

I still feel terrible, am no longer wishing I was dead

JM

protein
27-08-2005, 00:03:49
In all seriousness, you should probably see how long you can go without a drink.

If that seems like a mighty task, you have a problem.

Oerdin
27-08-2005, 03:40:01
Maybe I should try that though I don't really think I have exactly that problem. I can go months without drinking and not even think about it but my problem is when I'm drinking with my friends I tend to have a hard time knowing when to say when.

I rarely get hang overs though which is weird. But I have had people tell me they think I should drink less when I do drink.

DaShi
28-08-2005, 23:18:35
I gave up drinking for a few months after a night of pub golf where I passed out in my own vomit. Now I drink more moderately.

The Norks
29-08-2005, 09:23:16
its ironic that alcoholics, who are the best drinkers, have to give up lol

JM you shouldnt give up drinking, you should move to England where getting rat arsed at University is a socially accepted pastime.

Diss
29-08-2005, 09:34:25
Originally posted by Oerdin
Maybe I should try that though I don't really think I have exactly that problem. I can go months without drinking and not even think about it but my problem is when I'm drinking with my friends I tend to have a hard time knowing when to say when.

I rarely get hang overs though which is weird. But I have had people tell me they think I should drink less when I do drink.

you should drink more when you drink. :D

Diss
29-08-2005, 09:36:42
I currently drink once a week. And even that seems like too much.

I've gotten a few hangovers though. I read on wikipedia that dark beers cause worse hangovers. And I pretty much drink Newcastle Brown Ale exclusively.

Last weekend I tried drinking screwdrivers (my drink of choice when drinking mixed drinks). Actually I did start off with 1 newcaslte. I needed something to wash down the food. But then I went to the screwdrivers.

Straight vodka is supposed to have the least hangovers. Though I don't think I can drink them straight. I'm a pussy. I don't actually like the taste of alcohol. That's why I prefer beers without a strong alcohol taste like Newcastle Brown Ale. But the distilling is supposed to remove most impurities that cause hangovers.

MDA
29-08-2005, 11:53:45
Originally posted by Gary
One should only stop if one has no control.

If I have no control, I can't stop! Aaaah!:confused:

and I thought most of the hangover was just dehydration?

MoSe
29-08-2005, 12:45:22
Originally posted by Oerdin
...I can go months without drinking and not even think about it
...when to say when.
...people tell me they think I should drink less when I do drink.

when to say when?
never say never again!

:lol: at MDA, I was thinking the same!

altho, to have control is intended as to be able say "when" once you begun. if you can't say when, then you shouldn't begin, and that's what's meant with "to stop"

IIRC a now doctor friend of mine used to tell me (but that was while he was still studying medicine - and drinking with me) that it's binge drinking indeed damaging your liver long term.
That is, you can allegedly drink every night if you can stop before you crawl on the floor, and you'd damage your liver less than if you pass out drinknig just twice a month.

When was my 1st RT CG meeting? October 2003 IIRC.
Well, I had just allowed myself drinking again, since March 2002 when due to hypertension and obesity I went strictly teetotal for 1.5 yrs. It wasn't a problem at all for me as I had a purpose. Only problem was to fend off the insistence of social pressure in occasion of toasting, pubbing and such... I might say that because of that I had cut my social life down to 10%
Then...
I gave in to social pressure, started to be less religious about healthy behaviour (...I got accoustomed to my condition after the initial scare), and took on going out more with friends again, with the associated drinking and all. (alas, this means I have also taken on again 15 of the 22kg I had put off :()
It could be the age, or the raised level of conscience, I never got pissed as I used to. To be honest, my resistance might have also lowered a bit. Few weeks ago, I only had 2 negronis and a pint at a friend's birthday party, and found myself swaying and staggering when walking to the bus, barely dodging lampposts

Oerdin
29-08-2005, 13:03:57
I never pass out drinking. I do get shit faced from time to time though. When I say I think I sometimes drink to much I'm using the American tea totalers definition of drinking to much. Getting sloppy and dumb.

MoSe
29-08-2005, 13:10:39
oohhh :cute:

that's just where we begin from!!! :lol:

Greg W
29-08-2005, 13:56:23
Originally posted by Diss
But the distilling is supposed to remove most impurities that cause hangovers. Oddly enough modern brewing (filtering really) removes the impurities that used to stop hangovers from occurring. Which is often why home brew and traditionally brewed beers don't give you a hangover.