PDA

View Full Version : Darn Builders

Gary
26-08-2005, 09:29:45
Getting the same problem now as I got last time that I wanted a builder to do a job for me. No one wants to know. It seems that building businesses can exist without needing to take on work.

Last time I only got one because my sister met a builder at a party and said I needed building work done. I got in touch and finally had the grand selection of one quote to choose from. I've spend the next 2 years worth of weekends (well most of them) changing what his team put in.

This time I need a much more simple job done. Move a doorway about 2 foot to the side of it's present position so it is in the middle of the wall, and I can then put kitchen base units on both sides. Can I get one interested ? Can I hell. 50% had the decency to admit it's too small a job for them and they're not interested. The other 50% take your phone number (so you're loathe to call up too many more) and then don't bother to get back to you (thus amply indicating how unreliable they'd be if they got the job).

Jeeze.....

MOBIUS
26-08-2005, 09:32:30
Get Laz to do it!:)

Gary
26-08-2005, 11:12:26
The thought did occur, but I couldn't afford the train fare on top :)

Provost Harrison
26-08-2005, 12:46:45
Great minds think alike MOBIUS, I had exactly the same thought when reading the opening post :D

You know it annoys me when they have the audacity to turn down your custom. I mean, who is offering up money here? :mad: