PDA

View Full Version : Fahrenheit

Nav
23-08-2005, 11:52:43
Looking forward to this, PCZone rated it very highly (90%).

Played the demo over the weekend. It's basically an old fashioned point and click adventure game masquerading as a 3rd person action game!

The demo is short but you can play out the opening scene in a number of ways (although the end result is either escape or capture).

Graphics aren't up to Half Life / Far Cry levels but it still looks good.

King_Ghidra
23-08-2005, 12:12:43
From the Guardian gamesblog:

haven't got a full version yet - my debug Xbox has given up - but what I have played so far makes me think Fahrenheit could be one of the games of the year. Think MonkeyIsland/Grim Fandango crossed with 24 and you are part way there. The former is due to the game itself - essentially this is an evolved point and click, with mouse gesticulations replacing verb manipulation. But it is the sophisticated style that makes Fahrenheit stand out. The 24-style split-screen approach and the Angelo Badalamenti score, combined with a real feeling that your in-game decisions actually matter, all mark this down as one to get when released in Sept. Not only could Fahrenheit resurrect the adventure game genre, but it could hopefully herald a new dawn of intelligent narrative-driven gaming. Let's hope eh?

Nav
05-09-2005, 12:58:35
demo has been out for a while now if anyone's interested..

http://www.3dgamers.com/dlselect/games/fahrenheit/fahrenheit_demo_europe.zip.html

Shining1
05-09-2005, 12:59:44
No more demos for the night... =/

Nav
05-09-2005, 21:25:33
aw goooooooooooooo on.. goooooooooooooo on. ya naw you want to.

protein
05-09-2005, 22:32:47
woo, sounds good. i'm having that demo.

Nav
18-09-2005, 01:30:30
Been playing this a lot today (er. ok yesterday). There's a lot of hit the button at the right time and frantic key pressing. My hand eye co-ordination has definately improved, though I fear that this game might cost me my keyboard....

It's really more of an interactive movie, but the story is good so far... and there's sex.. ;)

Gary
20-09-2005, 13:07:26
But only if you're bored with the game ?

The Higgelhoff
21-09-2005, 11:01:22
PCGamer also rated this highly. I'm defnitely looking forward to playing it.

Not played a good adventure game since Grim Fandango.