PDA

View Full Version : I just saw the wierdest thing on TV.

Beta1
19-08-2005, 22:59:23
walked into the other room and there was one guy attacking another guys bare arse with a belt sander.

On channel 4.

WTF?

alsieboo
19-08-2005, 23:02:18
max and paddy roxck :p

Diss
20-08-2005, 09:27:31
Originally posted by Beta1
walked into the other room and there was one guy attacking another guys bare arse with a belt sander.

On channel 4.

WTF?

sounds like Naked Gun 2 1/2.

Starring Leslie Nielson. Hilarious movie.

Fergus & The Brazen Car
20-08-2005, 10:02:30
Ah, 'Balls of Steel'.

http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/microsites/B/balls_of_steel/

Liked the annoying devil with his dogshit pranks.

Balls of Steel is the new show that squirted water at Tom Cruise.

http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/printthread.php?t=262140

Lazarus and the Gimp
21-08-2005, 17:09:17
Though I've not watched the show, I've read previews and they worry me.

Apparently one of their stunts is "Big stranger rodeo", where they wait until a large unsuspecting man walks by and then leap onto his back to see how long they can ride the alarmed victim for before being thrown off.

Now if that's true, that's way out of line. How long before they cause their first spinal injury or case of post-traumatic stress? Or get killed in self-defence? It's just a short step down from televised Happy Slapping.

The Norks
21-08-2005, 17:44:04
Thats pretty dumb. Most guys would take it as an attack not a hhhhilarious stunt. Plus its likely to inspire viewers to do similar.

Provost Harrison
21-08-2005, 19:17:02
Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
Though I've not watched the show, I've read previews and they worry me.

Apparently one of their stunts is "Big stranger rodeo", where they wait until a large unsuspecting man walks by and then leap onto his back to see how long they can ride the alarmed victim for before being thrown off.

Now if that's true, that's way out of line. How long before they cause their first spinal injury or case of post-traumatic stress? Or get killed in self-defence? It's just a short step down from televised Happy Slapping.

Now that is worrying. If someone did that to me they are very likely to get slapped silly...

Beta1
21-08-2005, 20:08:01
Ditto.

And we (well I) are pretty well adjusted individuals.

They try that in hackney or hornsey and they will end up knifed or shot.

MOBIUS
21-08-2005, 21:05:45
I think they should keep it up then...:)

lightblue
21-08-2005, 21:37:37
I watched that yesterday, it was odd. He did jump on big guys, as in gym rat big kinda guys. And he did he get dumped on his back a few times. he runs after he gets thrown off and got chased a few times.

The arse sand papering dudes were odd, they also heatgunned one their chests and nailed a nail through their hands in a test of pain. Had me wince a few times.

Provost Harrison
21-08-2005, 21:53:49
Sounds completely excessive...

lightblue
21-08-2005, 22:17:17
It was like a combination between one fo the japanese/thai/dutch gameshows you see on tarrant on TV and something like trigger Happy TV.