PDA

View Full Version : Gary's Mod for HL2

Beta1
14-08-2005, 21:39:29
If you have HL2 and havn't tried this go and download it now.

http://www.garry.tv/garrysmod/

its basically a big sandpit to play with the HL2 physics engine.

Add the onslaught mod

http://forums.facepunchstudios.com/showthread.php?t=30392

and its time to live out those A-team fantasys

Ever wanted to make a tank out a of a dumpster and 4 oil barrels?

How about a giant cannon that fires gas cylinders?

Or just strap a load of thrusters to a pod and try and fly around the map.

Its bloody fantastic.

Nav
16-08-2005, 13:34:09
Our Gary?! ;)

I got half life 2 at the weekend via steam (broadband got upgraded to 2mb!). Will have to give this a try.

Beta1
16-08-2005, 13:58:34
was playing lasy night, built a big fort out of shipping containers welded together. Surrounded it with explosives and spinning blades with a battery of exploding barrel mortars on the roof.

Got inside, set the zombies coming. No problems, combine turned up. Still no problem except for the occasional grenade over the walls.

Got a bit frantic with the manhacks so retreated into my overturned dumpster bunker.

Suddenly dead.

A strider had turned up and kicked one of the shipping containers over, smashed it into my dumpster and squished me.

Classic

Next time I'm going to use pulleys and winchs attached to the skydome to lift my entire fort up into the air. That should stop the striders!

protein
16-08-2005, 14:48:49
downloading...

King_Ghidra
17-08-2005, 09:21:44
Had a bit of play with this last night. Very fun, primarily for me in terms of seeing the physics engine and the ragdoll stuff at work.

Huge potential in it, have to have a bit more of a go at it.

Beta1
17-08-2005, 09:50:08
I can't figure out how to make a proper wheeled thing. I can make a skip with wheels by spawning the wheels and using the axis tool to attach them but the wheels are not powered and I have to use thrusters to push/steer it (BTW if you want to ride on it spawn a "pod", and weld it to the skip then get in the pod. )

If I use the wheel tool to stick the wheels on they all turn the same way so the skip just spins on the spot. It says you can use the E key to reverse the direction of a wheel but I can't figure out how to make that work.

Gary
19-08-2005, 16:39:22
It must be nice to have a Gary of your very own ;)