PDA

View Full Version : Heard this and thought of Nills

protein
14-08-2005, 12:18:22
PENDULUM - Hold Your Colour

Ridiculous nosebleeding drum'n'bass and breakbeat with a pinch of comedy, evidence of intelligence and a smidgin of heavy metal, jazz and mid 90s Underworld/Moloko. Oh and a wicked Willy Wonka sample.

Most drum'n'bass fans hate it. Probably because there are guitar/keyboard solos and the production is more like the polished production you'd find on pop or rock rather than bedroom based junglists.

Nills is probably the only other person who would appreciate it but you never can tell.

If you are going to check Pendulum out I'd recommend:

Slam (sounds like the soundtrack to a futuristic comedy space war film - hip hop drum'n'bass)
The Terminal (metallica-esque drum and bass)
Tarantula (ragga drum'n'bass) - as played at Sam's wedding
Fasten Your Seatbelts (feat Freestylers) (absurd house) - as played at Sam's wedding
Through the Loop (hard as fuck drum n bass)
Out Here (funky as hell breakbeat which goes from sublime to ridiculous)

Nills Lagerbaak
15-08-2005, 09:12:59
Saw this and thought of Protein.

He's right about all the above.

I bought the album the other day and have already had to copy it for four people. One guy at work bought it, gave it to his mate cos he'd like it so much and then bought it again.

THe intro is some rediculous Spock quote with a huge orchestral background, going into what must be the filthiest D n'B of all time!
Supoib!

protein
16-08-2005, 18:55:28
Nills, download the Voodoo People remix!

Nills Lagerbaak
22-09-2005, 15:01:43
http://content.dogsonacid.com/video-stream/pendulum-slam-musicvid.wmv

:lol::lol:

protein
22-09-2005, 15:07:36
wonderful! :lol:

protein
22-09-2005, 15:08:24
"Any ideas for the promo?"

"I know, we'll give fat Dave a pill and video him. You can't get any cheaper than that."

Nills Lagerbaak
22-09-2005, 15:14:40
Then we'll recoup the cost of the pill by nicking his stereo! Genius.