PDA

View Full Version : I'm not gay

Asher
11-08-2005, 06:36:31
Discussion involving homosexuality is below. If you don't want to read it, click the back button.

Anyway -- there's this kid, I think he's about 18. Goes to the same gym I do, obviously gay in his mannerisms. Or, more correctly, adheres to the flamboyant gay stereotype slightly (though not totally flamboyant). Anyway, he set off my gaydar, but I don't know if most straight guys would've seen it.

I talked to him a few times while waiting for machines, etc. He seemed kinda shy, nervous. While doing some lat pulldowns I noticed on his arms lots of scars -- looks like the kid has been cutting his wrists at least once, or perhaps more minor self-mutilation.

I decided to casually mention "my boyfriend" in conversation. He looked around cautiously when I said it, to see if anyone overheard...no doubt if someone reacted he'd have disassociated with me. He basically shrugged it off and changed the topic.

Fast forward to today (the above happened over a period of a couple months). By chance when I'm in the steam room after the workout, he comes in. No one else is there. He comes and sits a couple feet from me without saying anything, removes his towel and starts stroking it while looking at me.

I ignore it for a bit, so I look at him to acknowledge that I can see what he's trying to do...and he responds "did you want to go fuck?"

I'm not about to f*ck around with some psycho-depressed kid in a public gym, but clearly the kid had issues. I decided I'd be a nice guy and maybe talk with him about it...try to get him to stop hating himself.

I asked him if he wanted to grab a coffee or something -- in hindsight, probably the wrong thing to say. He got the idea that I was trying to get to know him, like boyfriend material or something.

He put the towel back over himself quickly and responded, in a deeper than normal voice, "I'm not gay".

An uncomfortable pause.

I reply "Oh...well what was that then?"

He just got up and left the steam room at that point and hurried off to change and leave the room.

I saw him in his streets clothes as he left in a hurry -- he was wearing VERY baggy clothes with a "g-unit" t-shirt...

Poor kid. He's such a fairy. He wanted to fuck around but he's "not gay". He's so desperate as to proposition men at a gym, but then flees whenever they talk about anything other than sex.

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me to see this kid jumping off a bridge at some point.

Don't know why I posted this, I'm just so massively disturbed that shit like this still goes on.

Oerdin
11-08-2005, 06:56:34
Most "cutters" are expressing self hatred over something. The two things most popular reasons for people becoming cutters, at least if radio sex shows are to be trusted, are sexual abuse or confusion over sexuality. Supposedly the cutters don't actually want to kill themselves and instead are just "punishing" themselves for being "bad" by cutting their body in order to cause pain. It's a fairly wide spread behavior and it is really fucked up though treatable if people can learn to stop hating themselves.

Being a teenage isn't easy and being a gay teenager is likely worse. I have to wonder what his upbringing was because he has obviously been taught that being gay is bad and that he should hate himself for feeling that way. It's so sad.

King_Ghidra
11-08-2005, 08:58:07
i would just like to add that i am also not gay

mr.G
11-08-2005, 09:24:31
i am jolly

Drekkus
11-08-2005, 09:59:38
Maybe the kid thought Asher was a cute girl.

Anyway, Asher, the world is full of fucked up people. I think you did the right thing. I don't understand what the link is to VERY baggy clothes and a G-Unit tshirt though? Or is it a gay thing to standardly describe what people wear?

mr.G
11-08-2005, 10:02:46
:lol:
what are you wearing?

Drekkus
11-08-2005, 10:10:41
I wear a shirt and tie and run with the creeps. Cause it’s all about money, ain’t a damn thing funny.

mr.G
11-08-2005, 10:30:38
don't push you
cause you're close to the

Venom
11-08-2005, 13:03:57
This thread makes me feel sick.

The Norks
11-08-2005, 13:28:25
maybe he's bi or is just lying to himself.
I find it sad that being gay is still so stigmatised by some people. My parents always told me they didn't care what I was as long as I was happy.
I was talking to my lodger last night and she said her friend came out to his mum recently, and said 'Mum I'm gay' her response was 'I don't believe you- you've never had a girlfriend, so how can you know?'. (the clue is in the question) It amazes me people still think like that. Its like questioning what someone's favourite colour is, only weirder and more stupid.
To add insult to injury we were later talking about Craig from BB, who is clearly a screaming homosexual, and my lodger said she thought he was just confused, and she thought that if a girl offered it to him he would respond positively.
ARRRGH!
Why are hetero people so concerned with what gay people do? I really don't get it.

Venom
11-08-2005, 13:33:25
Converserly why are people so concerned with what hetero people think? As long as they're not getting the shit kicked out of them, just get on with your life. Both groups.

The Norks
11-08-2005, 13:39:14
well I find it offensive when people come into my house and start spouting shit about these things. Its just ignorance and prejudice. Some of my friends are rampantly homophobic but I just say I dont want to hear it and I block out that bit of their personality and concentrate on the rest, but its totally at odds with how I was brought up and I dont like it under my roof.

mr.G
11-08-2005, 13:40:53
dooom doooom doom dom doooom dooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

trallala
tralllllllllallllallalallallalalalalalalalala

i love post by the Norks, i really dooooo

The Norks
11-08-2005, 13:45:23
do they make you feel warm inside?

Immortal Wombat
11-08-2005, 13:45:52
Originally posted by mr.G
i love ... Norks, i really dooooo
*is also not gay*

mr.G
11-08-2005, 13:56:59
Originally posted by The Norks
do they make you feel warm inside? jesjes inderdeed

The Norks
11-08-2005, 14:01:08
come to me, my little love monkey!

mr.G
11-08-2005, 14:01:54
coming coming

King_Ghidra
11-08-2005, 14:09:15
actually i changed my mind, i am gay, does anyone want to fuck?

The Norks
11-08-2005, 14:14:38
you're not gay, you're just confused

The Norks
11-08-2005, 14:16:55
coming coming

:heart: :love: :heart:

lets build a nest of love

King_Ghidra
11-08-2005, 14:36:44
you're not gay, you're just confused

if only the right girl would offer it to me

mr.G
11-08-2005, 15:50:38
:heart: :love: :heart:

lets build a nest of love yaaaaay :bounce: :bounce:

Asher
11-08-2005, 16:14:13
Originally posted by Drekkus
Maybe the kid thought Asher was a cute girl.

Anyway, Asher, the world is full of fucked up people. I think you did the right thing. I don't understand what the link is to VERY baggy clothes and a G-Unit tshirt though? Or is it a gay thing to standardly describe what people wear?

g-unit is a rap group with homophobic lyrics. He's dressing like he's "hardcore" but he's clearly a fairy.

Asher
11-08-2005, 16:15:03
maybe he's bi or is just lying to himself.
I find it sad that being gay is still so stigmatised by some people. My parents always told me they didn't care what I was as long as I was happy.
I was talking to my lodger last night and she said her friend came out to his mum recently, and said 'Mum I'm gay' her response was 'I don't believe you- you've never had a girlfriend, so how can you know?'. (the clue is in the question) It amazes me people still think like that. Its like questioning what someone's favourite colour is, only weirder and more stupid.
To add insult to injury we were later talking about Craig from BB, who is clearly a screaming homosexual, and my lodger said she thought he was just confused, and she thought that if a girl offered it to him he would respond positively.
ARRRGH!
Why are hetero people so concerned with what gay people do? I really don't get it.
What's a lodger?

protein
11-08-2005, 16:20:43
I had the opposite. My parents were always saying it would be perfectly cool if I was gay. A little too often to be comfortable if I'm honest.

Drekkus
11-08-2005, 16:36:59
They must have been so disappointed when they found out you were straight. :lol:

Funko
11-08-2005, 16:47:07
He's straight?! :eek:

mr.G
11-08-2005, 16:52:10
straight up

Immortal Wombat
11-08-2005, 17:40:28
Originally posted by Asher
What's a lodger? Dialect word for wheelbarrow.

Oerdin
11-08-2005, 17:47:00
don't push you
cause you're close to the

...edge. I'm trying not to lose my head. It's like a jungle sometimes and I wonder how I keep from going under.

Oerdin
11-08-2005, 17:51:47

I was talking to my lodger last night and she said her friend came out to his mum recently, and said 'Mum I'm gay' her response was 'I don't believe you- you've never had a girlfriend, so how can you know?'. (the clue is in the question) It amazes me people still think like that.

Many parents, especially if they only had one child (or several children but only one boy) can't get over the fact that they won't have grandkids or that their family name will not be passed on to a new generation. Other's feel they some how failed as a parent because their child turned out "weird".

Japher
11-08-2005, 17:53:41
I have thought about that; what if my kid is gay. I don't think it will matter much to me, as long as they like football, cooking, or classical music... I'm good. I am more worried about bonding with my kid than about my kid bonding with their mate.

Oerdin
11-08-2005, 17:53:46
Some of my friends are rampantly homophobic but I just say I dont want to hear it and I block out that bit of their personality and concentrate on the rest,

The biggest homophobes I have ever met were both obviously gay. It's like they were trying to pretend they were more masculine in order to deny their homosexuality.

Funko
11-08-2005, 17:55:17
Like that guy in American Beauty.

Japher
11-08-2005, 17:56:10
That was a midage crisis.

Funko
11-08-2005, 17:56:28
No, not him, the neighbour.

Gary
11-08-2005, 17:59:46
What's a lodger? lodg·er ( P ) Pronunciation Key (ljr)
n.
One that lodges, especially one who rents and lives in a furnished room. (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=lodger)

Oerdin
11-08-2005, 18:01:24
What did he get lodged and where is it lodged?

Gary
11-08-2005, 18:20:41
Unsure what you asking here Ash. Looking for approval of your response ? Or planning on meeting him again and sorting his problems out ?

I can assume he's in denial, and it's part of the stress that he relieves by self harm, but like everyone I'd be only guessing.

There are plenty of advice sites on self harm if you want to be better informed.

Gary
11-08-2005, 18:22:08
PS Where's that damned back button :hmm:

Gary
11-08-2005, 18:26:00
PPS something has just occurred to me.

It may be that you're reading it all wrong. Maybe he has issues, but maybe he isn't gay as the tee shirt impies. Maybe he was "gay baiting" looking for a reason to 'see you later' with his mates. Your 'gaydar' could be playing up.

Asher
11-08-2005, 18:41:31
Originally posted by Gary
lodg·er ( P ) Pronunciation Key (ljr)
n.
One that lodges, especially one who rents and lives in a furnished room. (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=lodger)

So I take it this guy wasn't old, then?

Student renting a room?

Asher
11-08-2005, 18:42:26
Unsure what you asking here Ash. Looking for approval of your response ? Or planning on meeting him again and sorting his problems out ?

I can assume he's in denial, and it's part of the stress that he relieves by self harm, but like everyone I'd be only guessing.

There are plenty of advice sites on self harm if you want to be better informed.

It was mostly intended as a rant/vent about how pissed off I am that stuff like that still happens.

Asher
11-08-2005, 18:42:58
PPS something has just occurred to me.

It may be that you're reading it all wrong. Maybe he has issues, but maybe he isn't gay as the tee shirt impies. Maybe he was "gay baiting" looking for a reason to 'see you later' with his mates. Your 'gaydar' could be playing up.
Very doubtful. He was very clearly aroused, and I've heard from some other guys that he's fooled around with them.

Oerdin
11-08-2005, 19:00:58
Poor kid. If he keeps hooking up with people in random places then he's likely to catch an STD.

mr.G
11-08-2005, 19:43:02
yaaay or a cold

The Norks
11-08-2005, 21:17:21
a lodger is someone who rents a room in my house. Kind of like a tenant but with less rights.

Asher
11-08-2005, 21:49:14
College student?

Provost Harrison
11-08-2005, 23:22:57
I also had the same thought of the bloke in American Beauty.

But honestly, I don't think he's gay, he just likes cock...

Asher
12-08-2005, 00:39:11
How can you not like The Cock?

MOBIUS
12-08-2005, 01:00:26
Easy

Kitsuki
12-08-2005, 12:34:40
g-unit is a rap group with homophobic lyrics. He's dressing like he's "hardcore" but he's clearly a fairy.

The name "G-unit" sounds gay.

The Norks
12-08-2005, 14:54:39
College student?

she's on the graduate scheme at my place of work, but I have a new one replacing her soon, who's on the NHS management training scheme. I don't know about Canada but property is so expensive here that most people are sharing houses and renting rooms well into their 20's, or still living at home. Its a good way for people like me who have mortgages to make a bit of money on the property so it works out ok although its a bit irritating sometimes if you want privacy. We've been quite lucky with our lodgers so far, except the French *shudder*

Asher
12-08-2005, 15:16:00
I've been a lodger for the past 16 months. :beer:

BigGameHunter
12-08-2005, 16:30:43
Uh...maybe he's just bi?

Cruddy
12-08-2005, 21:43:40
Discussion involving homosexuality is below. If you don't want to read it, click the back button.

Anyway -- there's this kid, I think he's about 18. Goes to the same gym I do, obviously gay in his mannerisms. Or, more correctly, adheres to the flamboyant gay stereotype slightly (though not totally flamboyant). Anyway, he set off my gaydar, but I don't know if most straight guys would've seen it.

I talked to him a few times while waiting for machines, etc. He seemed kinda shy, nervous. While doing some lat pulldowns I noticed on his arms lots of scars -- looks like the kid has been cutting his wrists at least once, or perhaps more minor self-mutilation.

I decided to casually mention "my boyfriend" in conversation. He looked around cautiously when I said it, to see if anyone overheard...no doubt if someone reacted he'd have disassociated with me. He basically shrugged it off and changed the topic.

Fast forward to today (the above happened over a period of a couple months). By chance when I'm in the steam room after the workout, he comes in. No one else is there. He comes and sits a couple feet from me without saying anything, removes his towel and starts stroking it while looking at me.

I ignore it for a bit, so I look at him to acknowledge that I can see what he's trying to do...and he responds "did you want to go fuck?"

I'm not about to f*ck around with some psycho-depressed kid in a public gym, but clearly the kid had issues. I decided I'd be a nice guy and maybe talk with him about it...try to get him to stop hating himself.

I asked him if he wanted to grab a coffee or something -- in hindsight, probably the wrong thing to say. He got the idea that I was trying to get to know him, like boyfriend material or something.

He put the towel back over himself quickly and responded, in a deeper than normal voice, "I'm not gay".

An uncomfortable pause.

He just got up and left the steam room at that point and hurried off to change and leave the room.

I saw him in his streets clothes as he left in a hurry -- he was wearing VERY baggy clothes with a "g-unit" t-shirt...

Poor kid. He's such a fairy. He wanted to fuck around but he's "not gay". He's so desperate as to proposition men at a gym, but then flees whenever they talk about anything other than sex.

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me to see this kid jumping off a bridge at some point.

Don't know why I posted this, I'm just so massively disturbed that shit like this still goes on.

For a moment there I thought you were jumping back in the closet. My bad.

Well, people send mixed messages all the time. Most of them get over it. Some take a dive from a high place or OD or jump in a pool or whatever.

It's kind of pointless trying to make sense of everyone around you. Well, I admit I'm not up to understanding everyone around me.

Asher
18-03-2006, 07:00:51
Someone is viewing this thread.

Lazarus and the Gimp
18-03-2006, 08:35:20
And now we all are.

DaShi
18-03-2006, 08:37:13
This thread really got me thinking. What ever happened to Norks?

Marraskuu
18-03-2006, 08:53:18
Well Asher is just a regular
http://www.thekidswindow.co.uk/images/products/RAU0002.jpg

Darkstar
18-03-2006, 11:46:33
Was it "Guest", Ash? Because the search engines do that.

Although, someone might have came here from a search.

Alexander's Horse
18-03-2006, 14:39:53
the moral is don't loiter in mens rooms

Nills Lagerbaak
18-03-2006, 15:40:13
specially for Norks!

mr_G
18-03-2006, 16:34:45
you are so :lol: sick

Nills Lagerbaak
18-03-2006, 16:36:34
Ah, I'm sure he loved it!

Kitsuki
18-03-2006, 16:46:45
That' so wrong! :lol:

mr_G
18-03-2006, 16:50:15
jes jes that will teach him.

Cruddy
19-03-2006, 01:37:59
"Did you want to go fuck" could actually be an invitation to go fuck yourself.

Sounds to me like confused signals - just because some does (or doesn't) express homosexual traits doesn't actually mean they are homosexual.

Some people actually yearn to be homo but they just can't put the pieces together.... or maybe it's more a case of schizoid tendencies where he's sending out conflicting messages.

Either way, some people you just can't help Asher. I'm sorry but it's true. :(

EDIT: AH FUCK IT! I just posted the same reply twice! :bash:

Alexander's Horse
19-03-2006, 02:35:50
Originally posted by Kitsuki
That' so wrong! :lol:

yeah - wasting ganja on chipmunks - bad photo, bad

MDA
21-03-2006, 11:48:27

"I was talking to Mr. Towel."

Drekkus
21-03-2006, 13:45:09
mr Bump is ready to go to the steam room as well!

King_Ghidra
21-03-2006, 13:54:47
to meet Mr Grind

Funko
21-03-2006, 14:02:56
Mr Bump and Mr Grind are going to be in the next Bond movie, an updated Mr Wint and Mr Kidd (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Wint_&_Mr._Kidd)

King_Ghidra
21-03-2006, 14:08:53
:D quality

Venom
21-03-2006, 14:11:58
Way to encourage him and his shitty jokes, KG.

King_Ghidra
21-03-2006, 14:17:38
we are all just accomplices to his obsession

Drekkus
21-03-2006, 14:17:50

mr_G
21-03-2006, 14:25:20

Christoph
21-03-2006, 18:47:23
that kid sounds like a steriotypical emo

Oerdin
21-03-2006, 18:53:02
Except he listens to rap instead of really bad rock music.