PDA

View Full Version : Stealth

Nills Lagerbaak
08-08-2005, 10:55:48
Has anyone seen this? I read the premis in the Indie on Sunday, and I now consider it a must see, on that preview alone.

The US airforce developes a new stealth fighter with new super intelligent AI. So intelligent that it can fly and seek out enemy targets independently.

Then it gets hit by lightning and goes AWOL. It decides that it wants to destroy its creators, so goes around destroying global tagets in a bid to create nuclear armegeddon. But it also DEVELOPES A TASTE FOR HEAVY METAL.

"The robot plane has more charisma than the whole human cast put together.....

You'd wish the almost non stop explosioons would drown out the mindless dialogue in this jigoistic nonsense film. See it now!"

Funko
08-08-2005, 10:58:07
:lol:

Drekkus
08-08-2005, 15:55:44
I saw a trailer for this one, and it's one of those films you're happy you don't have to worry about having to see.

Diss
09-08-2005, 09:26:49
actually I think it's supposed to be a navy jet. And I don't even think it has carrier capabilities.

And guess what plot device they use to have the AI craft go crazy? Yep, you guessed it- struck by lightning. So lame.

And how does it go to targets all over the world on 1 tank of fuel? Or do they use unmanned AI tankers too? The makers probably don't realize those fuel probes don't drop out on their own. At least in the case of air force refuelers, there's an enlisted man who lowers that refueling probe down to the air craft below him. He lays on his belly. I think that would be a cool job. You'd get a great view of the aircraft. In any case, there is no way this stealth plane could get refueled.

And don't say it has extra fuel tanks. If this think is actually carrier ready and actually took off from a carrier, it can only take off at like 80,000 pounds. I believe that is what the catapults are rated for. That is the weight of an F-14 loaded up.

I'm almost tempted to see the movie to see how they explain these details, if at all.

Nills Lagerbaak
09-08-2005, 09:29:35
Details, shmeetails. It's about a plane going AWOL, listening to Heavy Metal and trying to start a Nuclear war. Enough said.

I think the real question is if this plane is so smart, why doesn't it load up with nuclear bombs and nuke the planet itself. eh?

Nav
09-08-2005, 09:50:25
Hotdog gave it 3 out of 5 stars so it might not actually be that bad (from a popcorn/special effect viewpoint anyway).

protein
09-08-2005, 10:27:03
I think the only thing really selling it to Nills is the heavy metal. I bet that just means the film has a crap distorted guitar soundtrack. I doubt you see the plane making a concious choice to chuck some Iron Maiden on the plane's stereo.

Diss
09-08-2005, 10:57:46
The computer plane downloads Incubus songs. :lol:

I didn't know computers liked heavy metal music.

Though I'm not sure if Incubus qualifies as heavy metal. I just don't like any of the new stuff. So I can't see the movie based on that.

protein
09-08-2005, 11:11:06
Oh dear. It sounds dreadful.

Nills Lagerbaak
09-08-2005, 11:20:44
Hmm, yes it is beginning to sound bad. I thought it might be a kind of Killdozer inspired film....

http://www.dantenet.com/er/ERchives/reviews/k_reviews/killdozer.html

Killdozer was a made for TV horror movie filmed in 1974, based on a script by science fiction writer Theodore Sturgeon. It narrated the events surrounding an asteroid that animated a bulldozer with a taste for death.

Japher
09-08-2005, 13:49:17
It has all the makings of a cult classic

Venom
09-08-2005, 14:22:54
Jessica Biel in a bikini. Worth a matinee at least.

Diss
10-08-2005, 09:06:38
that's what the internet is for. I can get that for free.