PDA

View Full Version : Aliens - a question

Funko
08-08-2005, 09:55:47
Was watching it on TV last night.

You know at the beginning there are scenes in the colony and a bit where Newt's family actually go to the ship and pick up the face hugger....

Was that in the theatrical release or is that just part of the directors cut? It really confused me last night.

Gramercy Riffs
08-08-2005, 10:05:37
Its the Directors Cut.

Theres an extra 9 or so minutes, the only noticeable scenes being the one above and where Ripley finds an impregnated Burke later on in the film.

Funko
08-08-2005, 10:10:53
Ok cool. That's what I thought. :beer:

And the bit with the remote controlled sentry guns...

Fergus & The Brazen Car
08-08-2005, 12:04:35
Originally posted by Funko
Ok cool. That's what I thought. :beer:

And the bit with the remote controlled sentry guns...

Worth catching the version of 'Alien' with the deleted scenes too. Fleshes out the picture a wee bit more.

Kitsuki
08-08-2005, 12:14:54
Originally posted by Funko
Was watching it on TV last night.

You know at the beginning there are scenes in the colony and a bit where Newt's family actually go to the ship and pick up the face hugger....

Was that in the theatrical release or is that just part of the directors cut? It really confused me last night.

That bugged me too!

Scabrous Birdseed
08-08-2005, 12:31:19
Originally posted by Fergus & The Brazen Car
Worth catching the version of 'Alien' with the deleted scenes too. Fleshes out the picture a wee bit more.

And fucks about with the original's tight, tense editing.

Lazarus and the Gimp
08-08-2005, 19:58:34
Most of the stuff in the Directors cut should have stayed on the cutting room floor. The bit with the sentry guns was the only section worth saving.