PDA

View Full Version : Pelican

Lazarus and the Gimp
02-08-2005, 17:53:23
Anyone heard this bunch? I haven't.

However they've got great cover art, and get remixed by Justin Broadrick, so I can probably assume they're heavier than a lead pudding.

Mr. Bas
02-08-2005, 21:13:45
I haven't either, but a quick check suggested they're an instrumental metal band in the vein of Isis and Neurosis, which sounds quite promising. I'm quite interested in hearing them.

Immortal Wombat
04-01-2006, 19:58:59
I bumped into them the other day, and I couldn't resist any album with the title The Fire In Our Throats Will Beckon The Thaw.

If the Pastoral Symphony is the soundtrack to a few acres of farmland on a sunny afternoon, The Fire... is the soundtrack to Eurasia leaving the last ice age.

Scabrous Birdseed
04-01-2006, 20:01:35
I think they flashed by briefly on swedish TV once last year. It was okay, but nothing particularly exciting, as I recall.

Funko
05-01-2006, 08:55:38
Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
Anyone heard this bunch? I haven't.

However they've got great cover art, and get remixed by Justin Broadrick, so I can probably assume they're heavier than a lead pudding.

No but they played in Reading recently. Apparently they are insanely heavy and instrumental.

As Bas said...

:beer:

Mr. Bas
05-01-2006, 11:48:48
And they're coming in Groningen next month, together with Cave In. I'm definitely checking them out. They had one or two mp3's at their site, which sounded decent enough. I had a quick look just now, but I can't locate them anymore... Just go to www.hydrahead.com if you want to have a look for yourself.

Nills Lagerbaak
12-01-2006, 04:40:54
They are very good, well worth checking out. Brutally heavy and slow, but with good psychadelic and melodic sections