PDA

View Full Version : The Raveonettes

paiktis22
28-07-2005, 21:28:17
Is their album any good? I really like Love in a Trash Can. Is it a misleading single or is the rest of the album in that character?
Anyone knows if it's their own song or is it a cover? If it is then great!

Lazarus and the Gimp
29-07-2005, 19:34:54
Yes- it's really, really good. It's a lot cleaner and poppier than their last two albums, but it's great pop.

There are a couple of covers on "Pretty in Black" (such as "My boyfriend's back") but "Love in a trashcan" is an original.

"Attack of the ghost riders" off their first is still my favourite Raveonettes song, but several on the latest one come close.

Oerdin
30-07-2005, 03:04:57
I saw them live 6-8 weeks ago. They only did a 45 minute gig before the next band came on but they were pretty good.

paiktis22
06-08-2005, 11:45:07
I got it. Well it has some great tunes in there. Some other songs I have to say exceed my pop threshold level. But some have a rather unique feeling. Madly in love with the States are these Danes :D It's been trimmed to reach mass audience I think (like you hinted Laz) but in some parts you can see an almost jesusandmarychaineqsue psychedelic sound emerging. Twilight is one dirty sugarely song!

Lazarus and the Gimp
08-08-2005, 19:53:03
Of their other stuff "Whip it on" is the dirtiest. It's got one absolute killer track in "Attack of the Ghost Riders" but lacks variety.

Their second, "Chain gang of love" is poppier (being eintirely recorded in B flat major, as opposed to the B flat minor of "Whip it on") and fits about midway between JMC fuzz and "Pretty in black" pop.

Debaser
09-08-2005, 00:50:31
If you like The Raveonettes check out The Kills. They sound exactly the same. (and I think both are really good before you take this to be some kind of put-down...)

King_Ghidra
09-08-2005, 09:10:48
Yeah the kills are good but they do suffer from extreme 'sameyness'. Having played their two albums in a row the other day i was struggling to work out where one track had ended and the next began after a while

some really good tracks between them though