PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in the swamp!

Beta1
08-04-2002, 09:39:45
OK then how do you get to the jedi academy. I'm stuck in the swamp near the crashed assault pod and I cant find any way through. I've even managed to jump my way up the cliff and on to the very top of the map, where you clearly not meant to, as the tops of the cliffs have no textures! BUT I CANT FIND THE WAY OUT!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!

Nav
08-04-2002, 11:17:32
I did the same thing! :D

Look for a little waterfall.. then do some swimming...

some of the puzzles in JKII are pointless..

Beta1
08-04-2002, 11:22:37
I think I know where you mean. I had a feeling swimming was going to be involved.

Venom
08-04-2002, 11:57:58
Nav, I thought that many of the puzzles were pointless. The things that has pissed me off the most so far were the lasers in the tunnels and that stupid platform that falls when the 2 rocket guys are pounding on you. Then you have to jump from ledge to ledge, all the while the rockets are raining down. Those bastards are damn accurate too.

Beta1
08-04-2002, 12:43:51
Venom - theres an easy solution to the rocket problem - Firepower!!!!!!

When your going round on the platform have the disruptor gun ready. As sson as you can get a shot wack the guy outside the doorway then the guy above him on the walkway. If your sharp you can get the first guy before he fires then either take the first hit and then kill the second or jump to the forst ledge and then splat the second guy as it takes so long for the rocket to arrive you should have no problem avoiding it.

I tried the botmatch last night - was a little dissapointed with the way the firce works differently to the single player, becuase everyone has a force/saber the grip is practically useless as is push/pull. Just turns into an high speed saber duel all the time and even then the skill seems to have gone from the 1 player game. It comes down to who can make the first hit on strong style or who doesnt get ganged up on by 2 other players.

propler multiplayer should be more fun as real players wont break out of grips quite so quickly esp if the gripper is behind you.

Maybe I should try holicron DM instead that way not everyone will have all the powers...

Venom
08-04-2002, 12:46:33
I just made the damn jumps and took my vengence when I choked the bottom rocket guy and then pushed the top one off the platform. I didn't realize until then that I could push rockets away.

MDA
08-04-2002, 17:47:18
I've had rockets pushed back at me, but it never occurred to me I could do the same.

I found that little waterfall odd and spent a few minutes throwing my sabre at it, force pull, push, use, etc. I finally had to look up a walkthrough to find the solution.

Corwin
08-04-2002, 21:55:31
Venom, I'm assuming that you are talking about the jumping puzzle in the Cairn space station. I didn't activate the moving platform and jumped all the way. The rocket guys never shot at me that way.

I will agree that this game has a lot of irritating puzzles. Still fun though.

No longer Trippin
09-04-2002, 04:19:10
That swamp mab was irritating in trying to find out where the fuck to go, but it made the cyborg supper hero less strong since he can't rape your ass with his sabber skills.

Beta1
09-04-2002, 08:35:45
OK then now I'm stuck in the temple with three pushable walls that dont lead anywhere.

And for the sabre resistant doods I have the solution - face off aginast them and then do grip and as soon as it has effect do push - he seems to be vunerable when the grip is in effect. This should leave him flat on his back and open to a nice big overhead chop which should kill him on strong style.

Venom
09-04-2002, 12:04:16
Originally posted by Corwin
Venom, I'm assuming that you are talking about the jumping puzzle in the Cairn space station. I didn't activate the moving platform and jumped all the way. The rocket guys never shot at me that way.

I will agree that this game has a lot of irritating puzzles. Still fun though.

Well son of a bitch.

No longer Trippin
09-04-2002, 12:22:04
One of the walls is an illusion if I remember correctly.

Beta1
09-04-2002, 12:48:23
been throught the illusionary wall, past the fires into the room with three desanns who run down three corridors. from there the left turn is a fake wall into a bottomless drop, straight ahead leads you to a mirror and right takes you down through a hole in the floor into a room with three walls that can be pushed back. Pushing them doesnt produce an exit, neither does pushing just 1 or pushing them in any order.

Why did they put stupid bits like this in instead of having more stormtroopers to hack to bits?

Venom
09-04-2002, 13:05:34
Becaue it's Tomb Raider with the Force.

Nav
09-04-2002, 13:17:27
beta1, this one got me, but there's a button on of those corridors. (just look at the walls)

The last level is the worst one unfortunately. :(

Beta1
09-04-2002, 13:26:32
From the records of the revolutionary tribunal may 2005

And for the crime of hiding the way forward and impeding the progress of a player trhough a linear shoot-em-up the developers of jedi knight 2 shall be taken from this place and be forced to run around endless mazes in search of an exit until they fall from exhaustion. and then do it again.

So say the voice of the people.

MDA
09-04-2002, 17:16:51
Push the three blocks and wander about - the pushed blocks open up a square of hallways - one of the walls on the inside of the square has another pushbutton that makes the one short deadend corridor open - the purple headed warrior is a real bitch. Seems to have no problem with pushing, pulling, choking you.

Beta1
10-04-2002, 09:06:57
Finished it!

Purple git wasnt that tough once I realised what to do with the buttons and the fountain thingy.

What was all that crap about trying to get him to rejoin the academy. Just laser the bastard!