PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Campbell interview

Sir Penguin
16-07-2005, 16:41:15
http://www.salon.com/books/int/2005/07/14/campbell/print.html

I caught up with the opinionated and refreshingly honest Campbell by phone from his Oregon home, where he was setting off to visit some local swimming holes before leaving for a four-month promotional tour. It's strange, but besides being one of schlock cinema's enduring supernovas, Campbell is also an environmentalist of sorts; he's currently wrapping up a three-hour documentary called "A Community Speaks," a nonpartisan examination of the thorny issue of land stewardship, which he produced and directed with his wife, costume designer Ida Gearon. (This is especially weird if you remember that this is a guy who starred in a horror classic where an ingénue gets raped by a tree.) But Campbell's tongue is built for more than resting smarmily in his cheek. During our chat, he used it to lambaste Tom Cruise, to explain why yesteryear's stars like Spencer Tracy get no respect, and to confirm for us, once and for all, that "Healthy Forests" is a opportunist's euphemism.

http://www.counterglow.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

SP

Funko
18-07-2005, 09:28:28
Quality. :)

Venom
18-07-2005, 13:34:52
Bruce Campbell rules the Earth-FACT!

King_Ghidra
18-07-2005, 17:05:00
From IMDB:

Funnier than Bubba Ho-Tep, 4 April 2005

Author: fraptacular from Ambler, PA

Shot entirely on location in Bulgaria, The Man With The Screaming Brain is a hilarious love story between two rich ugly-American types and a murderous hotel maid gypsy.

William Cole and his wife Jackie arrive in Bulgaria on a business trip and catch a cab driven by hustler Yegor. Things start to go awry when Tatoya, the maid, murders Yegor and William and a mad scientist implants a piece of Yegor's brain in William's head. Robots eventually become involved, as do gypsies with broken fingers, head injuries, Bruce Campbell riding a pink Vespa with prissy little streamers, and All-Of-Me-style physical comedy by a character at war with a voice in his brain who controls half of his body.

The Man With The Screaming Brain is an incredibly funny film. It has the most hilarious tracking shot I have ever seen (when Bruce Campbell's character, fresh from the lab and complete with giant forehead scar and blue hospital pajamas, runs into a square and scares a crowd of people) and a falling-down-the-steps murder scene that had the entire test screening audience screaming laughing. The whole thing is a damn riot from beginning to end and I would recommend it to any fan of physical comedy, Bruce Campbell, or B-movies in general.

Funko
18-07-2005, 17:26:52
That sounds awesome.

fp
18-07-2005, 20:06:35
Bruce Campbell is the coolest. FACT!

jsorense
19-07-2005, 00:33:18
Gottaseeit.:bounce:

protein
19-07-2005, 01:40:20
That does indeed sound awesome.

Sir Penguin
21-09-2005, 04:47:32
I just downloaded it, and it does, indeed, rock. It's visually excellent, the only things that break the impression that it was made in 1970 were the CG brain scenes, the cell phones, and the mad scientist's assistant saying, "shizzle my nizzle" and DJing for his robot.

SP

Nills Lagerbaak
21-09-2005, 09:13:32
"Shizzle my Nizzle"? I will buy it on that line alone!

Funko
21-09-2005, 10:34:00
I will buy it despite that line.

Sir Penguin
21-09-2005, 18:52:53
It sounds much cooler when spoken by a retarded gringophile (?) Bulgarian.

SP