PDA

View Full Version : LSN: When CODO will release...

Fistandantilus
06-04-2002, 12:02:08
the 'destroy HQ' scenario MikeH will be winning every game...
It seems I always lose it :(

Funkodrom
06-04-2002, 12:50:22
Until then, you'll keep winning every game. :D

Funkodrom
06-04-2002, 12:59:11
I need to play more games. Only got three going at the moment and only one active. Sent some challenges out without reply though.

I'll go for a random league game I think.

Funkodrom
06-04-2002, 13:13:20
In the meantime I'm just doing the tutorials. I just learnt that you can pursue another unit! How useful!!!

Fistandantilus
06-04-2002, 14:25:57
At last your damned AI died.
It killed a sniper with one shot in turn 1 and then a commander in full health with it's second shot on turn 3.
Luckily for me it missed every shot after those two :p

Very interesting game, btw. You have almost destroyed everything on my half of the map with the ML and I'm getting really low on ammo but I still have 2 commanders... However it finishes it's been a great game.

I just learnt that you can pursue another unit! How useful!!!

Well, I almost never use the pursue command, it seems too risky. If the pursued unit retreat and another one show up... ugh!
It has its uses though.

Funkodrom
06-04-2002, 22:49:11
I had a similar game with Vincent. I think you should win now. It is a very interesting game though, I have seen the benefits and drawbacks of scanners, they are very useful but having 2 of them has left me quite outgunned.

Fistandantilus
08-04-2002, 20:04:20
Wow! It seems they implemented the chess clock.
Hey Mike! We only have 14 days left!
Quick or I won't be able to destroy your last units in time! :p

Funkodrom
08-04-2002, 21:08:49
Have they implemented the "Resign" function? I could use that. :)

Funkodrom
11-04-2002, 17:52:41
3. An additional scenario type 'HQ', in which victory is solely determined by the
destruction of enemy HQs. This scenario will mitigate against purely defensive or
evasive tactics.

:lol:

Funkodrom
13-04-2002, 10:17:12
Bump!

Guy
18-04-2002, 17:14:22
Gahh! This game is addictive! I wonder if the IT guys at my company have noticed that I'm checking my e-mail 37 times an hour? Maybe I've got too many games going?

Some things that I would like to see implemented, though:

- they need a "duck and cover" option in addition to "continue" and "halt on sighting". Too many times I've sent a guy off to a position only to have the enemy charge up to the same position and then both sides just stand there and pound on each other. If I'm unsure of the situation where I'm sending someone, I want to be able to tell him to run for the nearest cover if he comes under fire.

- this might be a bit too much, but it would be nice if you could give orders to the enemies visible during the test orders phase in order to try out different scenarios (can I get a grenade off before he gets to cover? How many times can he shoot at me if I run across here? etc.)

- New unit: Ammo boy! Like a medic or AI, but he carries ammo. On some maps, like forest, by the time my grenadiers fight their way into position, they're out of ammo (yes, I know, that's part of the point, but still...) Ammo boy would have to have some limits, like, say he can only resupply 4 units before having to head back to an HQ, and maybe be unarmed, but would greatly help forward deployments on wide open maps.

Just some thoughts...

Funkodrom
18-04-2002, 18:13:53
Just won my first random league game 20-6 against Moss Icon on Bunker. :cool: My league record is won 3 lost 1.

Guy, want a league game? Is your login Guy there?

Funkodrom
18-04-2002, 18:23:01
Our game is over BTW. You obviously don't know what I've got left! I have one critically wounded EX and two scanners.

Guy
18-04-2002, 18:32:55
Yes and yes.

I've been playing all random friendly games over there so far, I suppose I ought to be playing league. I don't really care about my standing, but it would seem to be the thing to do.

Our current game has been very interesting!

Guy
18-04-2002, 18:37:08
Ah, I thought there were only two scanners total, not three. Yes, that puts you at a bit of a disadvantage. You came real close to wiping me out a few turns back, though. A couple of lucky shots from my grunts were all that saved me, almost every single guy I had was down to the last few hit points and pretty much out of ammo when you stormed up the left side of the map. If you had two more EX in place of the scanner, I'd say you would still have a shot at winning.

If you want, I'll e-mail you the save files when we're done and you can see it from my side.

Funkodrom
18-04-2002, 18:44:49
Those grunts were very effective against my exes, much better than I was expecting. I'm just walking the scanners into your base at the moment so you can finish them off then I'll send the next challenge... or you send it so you get to be in the challenger positions. My name is Funkodrom.

3 scanners was too many and 14 exes was too few, interesting to experiment though.

Guy
18-04-2002, 19:00:53
Yeah, there's a lot of effective combinations you can put together in this game, there aren't any useless units. I only used two scanners in my game against Vincent on the same map and that seemed to work very well, though I've taken some pretty heavy losses.

Doesn't matter to me which side I get, challenger or challengee. Want to try a different map this time?

Guy
18-04-2002, 19:09:43
Turn sent, two down, one scanner to go...

Funkodrom
18-04-2002, 21:09:11
Definitely a different map! 4 of my last 5 games on factory... they need new maps. You send the challenge.

Guy
19-04-2002, 15:48:43
Challenge sent. We're on front line (haven't played that one yet). I was tempted to go with forest, but I think you and I think too much alike for that one, we'd end up wiping each other out in the corners and sneak-throughs and finish up in a draw.;)

Funkodrom
19-04-2002, 15:55:11
That's the one I've played least too. Haven't won on it ever.

Guy
19-04-2002, 17:21:27
It looks like it would accomodate just about any play style, so it should give us both a lot of options.

I'm close to beating a guy on forest and I think my game with Vincent should end this next turn as well. Anyone else want a game?

Vincent, want a rematch?

Vincent Fandango
19-04-2002, 18:33:59
Sure! :coolgrin:

Guy
19-04-2002, 18:42:29
Same map or something different?

Vincent Fandango
19-04-2002, 18:49:03
Anything but let me win this time ...

Guy
19-04-2002, 19:38:53
Shouldn't be a problem...;)

Funkodrom
22-04-2002, 08:57:40
I'm doing alright in my second random league game (this time someone sent me a challenge). I quite like the random challenges.