PDA

View Full Version : I wanted to show support...

Oerdin
09-07-2005, 23:37:21
Of the victims of the London bombing so I dug out an old British Flag I bought at Fort Bragg back in 1995 or so and I have hung it outside of my house. I have gotten numerous cars to honk in approval. Just FYI about how we feel about you hear in California.

Oerdin
09-07-2005, 23:49:55
I bought an American flag at the same time but back in 2000 an Albanian Kosovar friend asked me if he could have the American flag so I gave it to him. The Albanians just love Americans and Brits but they have a deep hatred of all things French & Greek. This is mostly due to the fact that the French wanted to find a nonmilitary solution to the Kosovo crisis while the Greeks & Russians are seen as evil co-religionists of the Serbs.

Personally, I found the Serbs to be nice people.

Lazarus and the Gimp
10-07-2005, 07:41:46
I've got some Serb friends. They're pretty baffled as to how they got demonised by the Balkan conflict- which wasn't short of atrocities from all participants.

fp
10-07-2005, 08:53:26
Originally posted by Oerdin
Of the victims of the London bombing so I dug out an old British Flag I bought at Fort Bragg back in 1995 or so and I have hung it outside of my house. I have gotten numerous cars to honk in approval. Just FYI about how we feel about you hear in California.

:beer:

Kitsuki
10-07-2005, 12:32:42

:beer:

paiktis22
10-07-2005, 21:14:26
I bought an American flag at the same time but back in 2000 an Albanian Kosovar friend asked me if he could have the American flag so I gave it to him. The Albanians just love Americans and Brits but they have a deep hatred of all things French & Greek.

No shit. Plus they see us as the "evil capitalists imperalists" of the region which feels as odd as a crapper on Mars.

Cruddy
10-07-2005, 23:26:55

Ta muchly!

Gary
10-07-2005, 23:44:37
Well that's nice, unexpected, but nice.

Thanks.

Funko
11-07-2005, 09:40:46
Thanks Oerdin. :beer: