PDA

View Full Version : Land of the Dead

BigGameHunter
06-07-2005, 04:22:53
Not as good as last year's mainstream zombie flick...couldn't even hold 28 Days Later's jock.

I don't know...I was entertained but it was a blown chance. If you're going to do all that makeup and reserve whole towns and stuff...have a good time with it!

John Leguzamo as a "tough/bad guy" does not work very well, though he tried admirably. Generic good guy in lead role was ok. Some of the living chicks should have been naked at some point.

Don't know why I like the zombie flicks...don't like horror at all.

JM^3
06-07-2005, 08:22:09
after playing Resident Evil 4, and watching 28 days later (and Dawn of the Dead) I have sort of gotten into a zombie mood

which is strange since I am normally not a big horror watcher..

basically, should I See it?

Jon Miller

Lazarus and the Gimp
06-07-2005, 17:13:04
Originally posted by BigGameHunter
Not as good as last year's mainstream zombie flick...couldn't even hold 28 Days Later's jock.

I don't know...I was entertained but it was a blown chance. If you're going to do all that makeup and reserve whole towns and stuff...have a good time with it!

John Leguzamo as a "tough/bad guy" does not work very well, though he tried admirably. Generic good guy in lead role was ok. Some of the living chicks should have been naked at some point.

Don't know why I like the zombie flicks...don't like horror at all.

That's the Romero law. The films look shit, and the acting is awful- but they're still great.

BigGameHunter
07-07-2005, 02:11:10
It's definitely worth seeing when it gets to one of those brewpub/theater combos. Do they have them in Europe? Kind of a cool concept: about 4-6 months after the opening, when films start to drop out of theaters, the local microbrew empire McMeniman's runs them in their converted schools and poor houses and such for a few bucks. Nice to be able to sit and eat pizza and
watch a movie.

JM^3
07-07-2005, 03:36:09
I haven't seen them outside of Oregon

JM

Lazarus and the Gimp
09-07-2005, 10:11:30
No- I've never heard of those here. It would interfere with the drinking and snogging.

Chris
09-07-2005, 14:50:16
The undead stalking the living is always cool to watch.

Laz is correct, acting and plot never matter in his movies, yet you just have to watch them.