PDA

View Full Version : Almost a hurricane party

No longer Trippin
06-07-2005, 03:28:56
Well a tropical storm is hitting right now, 5 miles short of a hurricane in sustained winds. Time to go out and get stupidly drunk so one doesn't mind when the power goes out. Later guys.

Hopefully I won't hear BrassMonkey, but I'm going to be in the quarter, so there is a chance. :( Laugh it up HK.

No longer Trippin
07-07-2005, 04:46:43
Looks like I'm pity posting myself.

Wasn't that bad until around midnight then al hell broke loose. Was quite fun although nearly everywhere lost fucking power and a few places flooded outside NO. Sending crews from as far as Kansas in to restore power that might get knocked out in a weeks time if Dennis arrives. My neighbors weren't too happy with me having a few loud and drunk friends over all night because I had power (well my AC and my appliances did - no lights or anything else though). Work and school were a bitch today though - must have been the 3rd or 4th Hand Grenade that caused that.

Now it looks like a real fucking hurricane is coming. Boo. That is what sucks as it's looking to be a nice sized one so that means time to go if it comes this way. I might be on the 4th floor but if it slows, every floor below me will be under water if it hits for a damned long time going by all those nifty computer models and stuff. Whoever thought to put a city here was a damned fool. Although I'm just as much of one probably for choosing to stay.

RedFred
07-07-2005, 05:22:42
Too bad Trip. I've never seen a hurricane and I never want to.

Where the heck is NO? Near YES?

No longer Trippin
07-07-2005, 06:19:43
OG

In the southern US - New Orleans, Louisiana.

You don't want to see a hurricane in full force. The worst is if you did flood (or have a tree come through your house) is having to deal with the insurance company and cleaning up the mess. The bigger ones are just awful and I'm in the worst place for a hurricane to hit geographically. YAY!