PDA

View Full Version : YAY! My credit card account info was stolen!

HelloKitty
30-06-2005, 21:13:58
Got a letter saying the Visa processor comprimised my name, CC info, pin number, etc.

Fuckers.

Now I have no cash tillthey can fed ex a new card and change my account and Iwanted to buy booze and food.

Looks like beans and weinies for dinner. Its like living with Asher.

MDA
30-06-2005, 21:26:52
:(

The Norks
30-06-2005, 21:29:28
i had an attempted fraud on my card once and the bank more or less accused me....which was nice...

Gary
30-06-2005, 21:30:07
Go to the bank counter and present a cheque made out to cash.

For tonight though, go make friends with your local barmaid and waitress.

Diss
30-06-2005, 22:30:59
I have no fear of using my credit card online. Because if it is stolen, you aren't responsible for fraudulent charges. I love credit cards. And I always pay them off the first month after I charge something, so I never pay any interest. Let all the suckers who pay 14% interest finance my financial security.

I am very wary about putting my bank routing number and accounting number online though. I really fucking hate sites that don't allow you to use a credit card.

Sirotnikov
01-07-2005, 02:23:56
I had a call once from my visa company asking if I had purchased something from the net recently.

I said no.

They said - ok. Then don't use your visa card - its number has been stolen.

I was just on my way to vacation though. Luckaly I was with my dad so he paid for everything I wanted :D

HelloKitty
01-07-2005, 18:45:07
Originally posted by Gary
Go to the bank counter and present a cheque made out to cash.

For tonight though, go make friends with your local barmaid and waitress.

Can't do that. My bank is a federal credit union and has no branches. I can only use it because my father set up my accounts before he retired. Great rates though.

Cumber
02-07-2005, 12:11:27
That happened to me a couple of months ago. I hadn't lost anything, but they had "detected my card numbers and details in an unsecure listing" or something like that, so they cancelled my card and sent me a new one. I found out when I got an email from blizzard saying my WoW subscription couldn't be renewed. I was at my girlfriend's non-WoW-capable place for a week though, so I basically didn't have to pay for a few days of WoW that I wasn't going to use anyway. But I had my old card numbers memorised and now I have to get my wallet out every time I want to buy something online. :cry:

No longer Trippin
02-07-2005, 21:48:17
Only have had the bank fuck me over, then I move my money somewhere else and wait for it to happen again.

That sucks Kitty, I hope it doesn't take to long (it took me 2 weeks my first run and nearly a month on the second with the banks). Hopefully credit companies aren't staffed by retarded monkeys.

HelloKitty
02-07-2005, 22:38:16
Its my check card so its run by my credit union. THey are very good. Its the Credit union for Air Force Officers and some state Dept employees so its not like some for profit bank with millions of customers and help lines in India.

My new card should be here on Tuesday and they set up a temp card they had a local bank issue to me.

The Shaker
04-07-2005, 20:21:44
see Arrgh thread.
I sympathise wholeheartedly with you all.

MDA
05-07-2005, 05:00:01
We got a letter in the mail Friday, my wife had hers stolen too! We could still do debit w/PIN transactions, but they froze credit purchases until they could reissue.

Resource Consumer
05-07-2005, 12:37:32
We had a security briefing at work the other week about "identity theft". The guy doing it was a bit paranoid and he insists that the bank change his card number every year. They don't like it and try to charge but he claims that he thinks the number has been compromised etc.....

Advantage of that is that he doesn't get his card on that list.

My method is to get my wallet stollen 3 times in a year or so and I know I am ahead of the fraudsters....