PDA

View Full Version : Psycho

Beta1
29-06-2005, 22:50:17
Just made my girlfriend watch it (am slowly working through the hitchcocks).

Very amusing - she started getting jumpy as soon as the music started. She knew there was a "shower scene" but not much more than that so everytime any character went near a bathroom she started twitching!

The Norks
29-06-2005, 23:47:15
its so not scary. I'm sure it was at the time, but it hasnt dated well. I prefer the more psychological Hitchcock films like Rear Window.

protein
29-06-2005, 23:57:18
north by northwest is an excellent film.

MOBIUS
30-06-2005, 00:26:05
Originally posted by The Norks
its so not scary. I'm sure it was at the time, but it hasnt dated well. I prefer the more psychological Hitchcock films like Rear Window.

Rear Window. Awesome!

Once took my mum to see it for her birthday at the cinema when they rereleased it - she's a real hitchcock fan!

protein
30-06-2005, 01:59:51
Did you invent a time machine?

Did you use a DeLorean?

Nills Lagerbaak
30-06-2005, 09:39:30
Are you Marty McFly?

Did your mum not like Rear Window? Did you say "well, you might not like it, but your kids are gonna love it!"
Did you then realise you were tlaking about yourself before you were born.

Diss
30-06-2005, 10:41:10
I just wish there was gratuitous nudity in the film. Yeah I know, it was years before actual nudity was released in a film (and before the U.S. ratings system)

Beta1
30-06-2005, 10:59:53
yeah psycho is more of a "creeper" than a "jumper" but its still an excellent film

Although North by northwest is excellent I don't think rear window is as good. Its still a good film by anyone standards but I dont think its one of the best hitchcocks (although jimmie stewart is excellent).

The hitchcock I like best is vertigo - a real messing with your head film. I havn't seen rope or marnie yet though so that may change.

The Norks
30-06-2005, 20:26:21
I will defend rear window and jimmy stewart to the death!!

That scene where she breaks in and he can see it all from across the way is just horrible. He cant move, and you can feel it, its the best kind of cinema- the type that has you squirming in your seat to get away because you feel what he's feeling. I also really like strangers on a train.

fp
01-07-2005, 07:05:17
Originally posted by Beta1
I havn't seen rope or marnie yet though so that may change.

Rope is excellent.

Fergus & The Brazen Car
01-07-2005, 12:44:30
Originally posted by The Norks

I disagree. It's still extremely effective on anyone who doesn't know the story or hasn't seen the van Sant abortion.

In terms of psychological theory, no it hasn't dated well- but then neither has a lot of Freud.

MOBIUS
02-07-2005, 16:53:53
Originally posted by Nills Lagerbaak
Are you Marty McFly?

Did your mum not like Rear Window? Did you say "well, you might not like it, but your kids are gonna love it!"
Did you then realise you were tlaking about yourself before you were born.

Rereleased it!:clueless:

Obviously you two spent too much time being all clever and sarky to actually read my post properly!:bash: :cute: ;)