PDA

View Full Version : and people wonder why I don't trust GPs

The Norks
13-06-2005, 13:28:44
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4080424.stm

you dont get drunk herbalists- unless you can get drunk on wheatgrass and mango health shakes that is ;-)

protein
13-06-2005, 13:30:06
you get stoned herbalists who believe in fairies and who took far too many magic mushrooms in the 70s.

The Norks
13-06-2005, 13:33:21
the fae are real. I have frigging house brownies in my house, although they've been quiet lately.

Beta1
13-06-2005, 13:53:19
are they like choclate brownies?

Immortal Wombat
13-06-2005, 13:58:23
House brownies are crunchier.

The Norks
13-06-2005, 14:03:10
they're like moody little black shadows that fly across my living room like birds when I'm not expecting it. Not on the walls like a shadow, but an independent object flying about. They seem to hide things and they hate it when the house is messy. They also seem to hang out next to the hamster cages a lot.

I've also seen a little light flying about. Then again, if you believe in such things I live in a heavily forested area so its a more likely hideout than a city dwelling.

Don't worry you don't need to tell me you think I'm mental, but I've had my eyes checked and all that, and I'm usually sober! Its quieted down a lot recently, it seems to go in waves.

Qaj the Fuzzy Love Worm
13-06-2005, 18:36:49
Perhaps your eyes are fine, but your optic nerves or visual cortex is wacky?

For me, it was the retina in my right eye. Turns out I'd been having periodic inflammation of the macula in my right eye since I was 5, and during my late adolescence it got so bad the retina actually scarred (leading to a degradation of vision). But during the inflammatory periods blood flow through the retina was strange. I kept seeing movement out of the corner of m eye, looking like bugs crawling on a wall. My co-workers thought I was mental, looking at stuff that wasn't there. Strong anti-inflammatory drugs knocked it out that time, and I was right as reign.

Since you said you've had your eyes checked, it could be your brain. You should get an MRI done, they're fabulous for pointing out blood clots and dead zones.

Also, consider John Travolta saw lights flying around in Phenomenon. So maybe your brain tumor is making you psychic?

Cruddy
13-06-2005, 19:18:22
Doctors aren't the only ones with rampant drink problems.

Policemen, lawyers and service personnel are also heavily affected.

As for fairies - well, the only ones I see tend to wear pink shirts and go to the pubs with the rainbow flags. Although I'm willing to admit the possibility of other sorts of fairies.

Oerdin
13-06-2005, 19:48:09
As long as they're not drunk on duty then let them drink as much as they please. Just saying doctors drink to much in their off time is a red herring.

In fact I would say that placing unnecissary restrictions upon a doctor's personal time would decrease the number of quality candidates who want to become doctors. The UK already has the problem that their doctors get paid much less then American doctors so it would be counter productive to chase these doctors away.

Lurker the Second
13-06-2005, 19:49:44
I thought this was about that guy GP who used to post here. I don't trust that bastard either.

Oerdin
13-06-2005, 19:50:43
Who did?

Cruddy
13-06-2005, 19:52:42
Originally posted by Oerdin
The UK already has the problem that their doctors get paid much less then American doctors so it would be counter productive to chase these doctors away.

Only for their NHS work. Once they've done the hours they can spend the rest of the work seeing private patients and charging what they like.

Lurker the Second
13-06-2005, 19:55:36
Originally posted by Oerdin
Who did?

That's a good point, of course, which is why the whole thread title raised such a "Duh" in my mind.

The Norks
13-06-2005, 21:29:42
Originally posted by Qaj the Fuzzy Love Worm
Perhaps your eyes are fine, but your optic nerves or visual cortex is wacky?

For me, it was the retina in my right eye. Turns out I'd been having periodic inflammation of the macula in my right eye since I was 5, and during my late adolescence it got so bad the retina actually scarred (leading to a degradation of vision). But during the inflammatory periods blood flow through the retina was strange. I kept seeing movement out of the corner of m eye, looking like bugs crawling on a wall. My co-workers thought I was mental, looking at stuff that wasn't there. Strong anti-inflammatory drugs knocked it out that time, and I was right as reign.

Since you said you've had your eyes checked, it could be your brain. You should get an MRI done, they're fabulous for pointing out blood clots and dead zones.

I have considered that, but it only happens at home, never anywhere else, and its not out of the corner of my eye, its in full view. If I'm tired I get the corner of the eye thing but its not that. It looks like, if you imagine a see through hummingbird flitting about. I have no idea what it is really, I just like to think its house brownies lol.