PDA

View Full Version : possible spoiler- Harry Potter & the HBP

The Norks
12-06-2005, 12:13:06
*Don't read this if you don't want to know who gets killed or how- I accept no liability if its true!*

Now I don't know if its true but someone I know told me that the character who gets killed in the next HP book is Dumbledore, and he gets pushed from a tower but no one knows who did it. Apparently it was revealed on a fan website and then withdrawn almost immediately, apparently by the same person who said Sirius would die in the last book.

Does this sound realistic or it just urban myth plus Potter fever?

Funko
12-06-2005, 12:14:39
I read somewhere that there had been so many bets on it being him from the town it's being printed in that the bookies stopped taking bets on it.

Lazarus and the Gimp
12-06-2005, 12:15:27
I'd assumed that Harry would get bummed to death in the inevitable Muggles Revolt, personally- but then I know nothing on the subject.

Funko
12-06-2005, 12:21:28
I might have read that on the interweb though so there's potentially no truth in it.

Kory
12-06-2005, 12:43:29
I don't think it would surprise me if they killed off Dumbledore, but I also don't believe anyone has any clue what's in the book yet except the people who worked directly on it. People are just getting all hyper cuz it's so close to release.

I'm not going to be able to afford to buy it immediately, but I'm probably going to reserve it at the library so I can read it early on.

-- Kory (Mmm. Libraries smell nice.)

The Norks
12-06-2005, 12:51:55
I pre ordered mine on amazon aaaaages ago

hopefully if I get sacked I will be able to go on holiday and sit on a beach reading it for a week.

I'm sure some people out there must know what happens- publishing people, factory operatives at the printers, warehosing staff etc. They probably have secrecy clauses in their contracts though.

The Norks
12-06-2005, 12:52:41
Originally posted by Funko
I read somewhere that there had been so many bets on it being him from the town it's being printed in that the bookies stopped taking bets on it.

I dont understand that- can you say again in a clearer way for the hard of thinking?

Sweeper
12-06-2005, 13:17:39
here (http://www.mugglenet.com/newsfusion/fullnews.php?id=743)

BigGameHunter
12-06-2005, 16:07:24
Is nothing sacred to you English? Ruining a children's book before its release...horrible.

Funko
12-06-2005, 17:10:39
Originally posted by The Norks
I dont understand that- can you say again in a clearer way for the hard of thinking?

The book is being printed at a factory in a town somewhere in England.

In that town the bookmakers had so many people placing bets on Dumbledore being the character that was killed off that they stopped taking bets. They basically decided that so many people knew who it was that they'd lose a fortune.

The Norks
12-06-2005, 18:06:27
lol I see.

the mystery is solved then- huzzah!

Fuck- I cant believe she would bump off lovely Michael Gambon. Fuck fuck! How will the Order survive?

Fuck!

The Norks
12-06-2005, 18:08:09
Originally posted by BigGameHunter
Is nothing sacred to you English? Ruining a children's book before its release...horrible.

It won't ruin it- loads of other stuff will happen. Its all about HOW things happen in her books

anyway you dont read it so get out of my thread you Yank philistine!!!

Funko
13-06-2005, 09:10:35
Anyway, I read that rumour on the net so I can't be sure it's true...

Tizzy
13-06-2005, 09:38:08
You should never believe anything you read on the interweb.

The Norks
13-06-2005, 09:59:56
especially the Government's websites

King_Ghidra
13-06-2005, 10:30:09
i'm stuck in a different kind of quandry - i hate hardbacks and don't want to buy it in that format, but i don't really want to wait a year for the paperback either

decisions, decisions

Funko
13-06-2005, 10:30:59
I love hardbacks. But let's not get into that again. :)

Kory
13-06-2005, 10:42:49
My only objection to hardcover books is that they're so much harder to cart around.

OTOH, I don't even want to know how thick the paperback is going to be if the upward trend in wordcount continues.

-- Kory (Anyone know how big book 5 was in paperback?)

King_Ghidra
13-06-2005, 10:52:02
c. 750 pages

Immortal Wombat
13-06-2005, 12:29:13
Book 6 is smaller than book 5. Book 7 will be longer, apparently. KG, this bookclub (http://www.etsp.co.uk/aff2) offer a "softback" edition, which is basically the hardback with the cover ripped off and replaced with a card one, much like a paperback. It requires you to sign up for a few emails, but not to get any other books. I got Book 5 from there soon after the hardback release, so it should have Book 6 much earlier than the paperback release.

King_Ghidra
13-06-2005, 13:05:07
cool, thanks for the tip! :beer:

The Norks
13-06-2005, 15:06:06
Originally posted by King_Ghidra
i'm stuck in a different kind of quandry - i hate hardbacks and don't want to buy it in that format, but i don't really want to wait a year for the paperback either

decisions, decisions

I'm with you there, but the choice is either to suffer the annoyance of the hardback or to listen to everyone else talking about it for months and ruining bits of it. I have given in to the hardback. When Phoenix came out, in the morning I would get on the train and literally 75% of the carriagewould be reading it.

I always get the kids version too- why pretend?! :D

The Norks
13-06-2005, 15:07:20
Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
Book 6 is smaller than book 5. Book 7 will be longer, apparently. KG, this bookclub (http://www.etsp.co.uk/aff2) offer a "softback" edition, which is basically the hardback with the cover ripped off and replaced with a card one, much like a paperback. It requires you to sign up for a few emails, but not to get any other books. I got Book 5 from there soon after the hardback release, so it should have Book 6 much earlier than the paperback release.

Its only a hundred pages smaller.

I hope this one has better editing than Phoenix

devilmunchkin
19-06-2005, 05:56:48
as long as it's not snape i don't care who they kill :D

Cruddy
20-06-2005, 23:01:58
Originally posted by Tizzy
You should never believe anything you read on the interweb.

Including that post.

OT - I understand an early proof went walkies from the publishers and a couple of scallies are now being beaten to death by HP fans who are cops.

Point is - info from the book may well have leaked.

Although I'm no HP fan, I always reckoned Dumbledore was a dead cert to get bumped off.

Immortal Wombat
21-06-2005, 02:35:28
It would explain why Dumbledore isn't the one to take out Voldemort. And it also fits well with the general theme of killing off anyone Harry became in any way close to. It has already been hypothesised that Ron's death is required before Harry can be victorious (cf. the chess match), and it would not surprise me if other Weasleys died.

The Norks
21-06-2005, 05:36:10
I dont see Hermione or Ron being bumped off. It would ruin the dynamic of the books. Ron and Hermione are clearly being lined up as future lovers and Harry is being lined up with Ginny. It wouldnt surprise me if she copped it in the last novel after thats been realised, but Ron and Hermione are really extensions of Harry's abilities and personality, it wouldn't make logistic sense to kill one of them.

I dont see Harry being killed either, as Daniel Radcliffe suggested, because the HP books are essentially about redemption and the battle between good and evil. Good must triumph. It would be like killing off Luke in Star Wars.

Immortal Wombat
21-06-2005, 06:32:57
Good must triumph, yes, but there is also a heck of a lot about the sacrifices which Good has to make in order to triumph. Killing Harry would make for a brilliantly brutal end to the saga.

Funko
21-06-2005, 09:29:08
And it would make sure she didn't get roped into writing any more.

The Norks
21-06-2005, 12:20:53
she won't write any more. She's always made that clear.

Killing Harry would show nothing except that people suffer and die. We know this already, thats what Voldemort has inflicted. You dont put a character like Harry through all the crap he goes through and all that he learns, without there being a pay off. Its part of the story archetype. Her whole schtick with Harry is the offering of hope. He always has hope that things will get better, and thats why he fights. I think it would be a betrayal of the character to kill him. The only way I think it could work would be if he either regenerates in some way, ie absorbs Voldemorts power and his own and comes back (likes Fawkes) or if he is in some way reunited with his parents, but essentially if he dies it subverts the purpose of his adventure.

Immortal Wombat
21-06-2005, 16:14:36
Not really. Killing him would reunite him with his parents, and it would leave the world better for everyone else. It probably will not happen, but I do not think the story would be any poorer if Harry is forced into a situation where he must die to defeat Voldemort.

King_Ghidra
21-06-2005, 16:36:39
Agreed.

I really don't see how the central message of the books is hope. Harry fights because he has to. He often resents his situation. Killing him off would neatly square the circle, as others have said.

The story of the books is good v evil. But the message of the books is that magic and wizard school are jolly smashing good fun.

Funko
21-06-2005, 16:59:33
They are mostly jolly smashing good fun but occasionally nighmarish ordeals.

Lazarus and the Gimp
21-06-2005, 17:18:41
You two are doing a great job of pitching this to a sceptical adult.

Funko
21-06-2005, 17:27:50
The more I think about it...

Harry's probably been happy for 50 pages out of 2000 I don't really see him having a happy ending.

BigGameHunter
21-06-2005, 22:06:45
I can't believe you guys are doing literary analysis of the equivalent of a Bazooka Joe wrapper!
Who has the Marxist interpretation? No one? O.k....I'll give it a go...

Venom
21-06-2005, 22:24:51
Hogwarts is way too capitalist for a Marxist interpretation

BigGameHunter
21-06-2005, 22:29:49
Ture, maybe the feminist perspective would be more elucidating?

MDA
22-06-2005, 11:45:43
more emasculating?

Funko
22-06-2005, 11:47:19
Feminist perspective -

Harry'd get it.

The Norks
22-06-2005, 17:45:51
harry potter is way deeper than you think bgh! Its like Ulysses for kids :D

Cruddy
23-06-2005, 14:29:12
Indeed. Potty Harry is the new Messiah and anyone who says otherwise will be killed and used for transplant part. ;)

The Norks
23-06-2005, 20:29:45
thats right by god!!!

MDA
24-06-2005, 11:52:54
by harry!

novacane
12-07-2005, 15:15:10
Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
You two are doing a great job of pitching this to a sceptical adult.

Or justifying their reasons for reading childrens literature. If you want to read about wizards and all that "hocus pocus", i'm sure there are much more suitable adult-orientated books. We may as well speculate about how Mr Tickle will overcome the troubles he gets into with his long arms...................

Adults can read it too :bash:

King_Ghidra
12-07-2005, 15:27:36
As you said in another thread:

Originally posted by novacane
You know you can just tell me to fuck off right

Funko
12-07-2005, 15:28:02
Just ordered the new one, should arrive on Saturday. :D

Immortal Wombat
12-07-2005, 15:28:30
I read the "more suitable adult-orientated books" as well. It's not like it takes much time to read a children's book, and if the quality of the writing is high and the story is good, then why not read it?

novacane
12-07-2005, 15:44:07
Originally posted by King_Ghidra
As you said in another thread
You know you can just tell me to fuck off right

I'd rather you just said it. That would make me laugh.

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
I read the "more suitable adult-orientated books" as well. It's not like it takes much time to read a children's book, and if the quality of the writing is high and the story is good, then why not read it?

Sure. I think my perception of the Harry Potter fanbase is forever tarnished by the "Katie read all 3 books in 2 weeks" pushy parents crowd and I have an overriding inclination to sneer at anybody who reads it, regardless of their justification. The fiction part of my brain houses the strictest of filters and Harry Potter will never make the cut. But I can live with that.

Funko
12-07-2005, 16:23:53
You can slag the books off if you haven't read them but you don't really have a leg to stand on.

Slagging off the hype is fair enough though.

Immortal Wombat
12-07-2005, 16:32:12
I read all five books in a week once. Although I did hate myself afterwards.

novacane
12-07-2005, 16:43:22
You can slag the books off if you haven't read them but you don't really have a leg to stand on.

Slagging off the hype is fair enough though.

My first point was made tongue in cheek to provoke debate. I'm not intending to give an up-my-own-arse literary critique here. I don't doubt that these books will be looked back upon as a literary milestone/millstone.

I'm always put off by hype anyway, but I think in this instance, I'm making the correct decision in never reading them. I know enough to know it would be a waste of my time. I prefer to read about real events and true stories. I have never really grasped how literary fiction can be educational or contribute anything to my life.

Gramercy Riffs
12-07-2005, 16:55:48
Bloody Luddite.

Nice sig by the way :lol:

Funko
12-07-2005, 17:15:37
I'm always put off by hype, but I think in this instance, I'm making the correct decision in never reading them. I know enough to know it would be a waste of my time. I prefer to read about real events and true stories. I have never really grasped how literary fiction can be educational or contribute anything to my life.

Maybe you should ask K_G? I reckon he could tell you!

Funko
12-07-2005, 17:15:58
;)

King_Ghidra
13-07-2005, 09:10:47
yeah that's just an unbelievably ignorant statement that effectively rejects art of any kind - after all what can music or television or film contribute to your life, they're not depicting real life either...

i won't even get on the subject of how you determine the reality of the things you read (thus validating their worth versus fictional works)

back your shit up and think about it

novacane
13-07-2005, 10:10:57
Don't jump in the deep end sunshine. I have hardly rejected all art forms there have I? I was conscious not to do that, hence my reference to "literary fiction". You've exaggerated my point to such a ridiculous length. Sure, film/TV scripts and song lyrics COULD also be described as literary fiction. But, why don't you go out on the street and ask the first person you see to name 3 works of literary fiction. I can't imagine they would answer with Coronation Street, Airplane and Bohemian Rhapsody. Do you?

There's really no need to sensationalise my comments. Sure, I appreciate your point about the blurring of non-fiction with fiction. I think that goes without saying. This isn't GCSE History.

My main problem is this. While I would not class myself as either a TV addict or film fanatic, I would much rather see fiction portrayed in that way. I don't enjoy READING fiction. I find it hard work. What that says about me, I'll leave for you to decide. But that is why I feel I have enough justification to say I know reading the Harry Potter series would be a complete waste of my time. And, if I want to sneer at it, I can. I know I'm likely to get a volley of abuse from you, as I did from Venom in the Star Wars thread over a very similar argument. But, I can live with that. Its interesting to hear the contradictory voice. Thats what these forums are for, right?

Funko
13-07-2005, 10:15:02
It's ok, they are making it into films. Already done the first few. :beer:

novacane
13-07-2005, 10:20:10
;) You're a human pacifier (;) sp.)

Funko
13-07-2005, 10:22:07
Pacifier? ;)

Americans call dummies pacifiers, I hope they don't think you are saying that I get stuck in babies mouths to keep them quiet. :eek:

King_Ghidra
13-07-2005, 11:46:17
Don't jump in the deep end sunshine. I have hardly rejected all art forms there have I? I was conscious not to do that, hence my reference to "literary fiction". You've exaggerated my point to such a ridiculous length. Sure, film/TV scripts and song lyrics COULD also be described as literary fiction. But, why don't you go out on the street and ask the first person you see to name 3 works of literary fiction. I can't imagine they would answer with Coronation Street, Airplane and Bohemian Rhapsody. Do you?

If you criticise literary fiction with a comment like "I have never really grasped how literary fiction can be educational or contribute anything to my life. " then you have actually questioned a fundamental principle of art vs reality. If you think you have only made a point about fiction you are rather naive - can't you see a similar parallel with, for example, comparing the value of documentary film-making to creative film-making?

There's really no need to sensationalise my comments. Sure, I appreciate your point about the blurring of non-fiction with fiction. I think that goes without saying. This isn't GCSE History.

Nope, no idea what you're talking about here.

My main problem is this. While I would not class myself as either a TV addict or film fanatic, I would much rather see fiction portrayed in that way. I don't enjoy READING fiction. I find it hard work. What that says about me, I'll leave for you to decide. But that is why I feel I have enough justification to say I know reading the Harry Potter series would be a complete waste of my time.

At this point you have changed your argument. We came to this place in the debate because you refuse to read things like harry potter (despite knowing nothing about it) simply on the basis of what you perceive it to be - i.e. something for children (a disputable claim in itself) and this then turned into an attack on fiction versus factual prose, which you are now turning into some kind of reading preference issue...

Indugle me, explain how reading fiction is harder work than reading factual prose? how would, for example, reading a factual account of some minister's life in poitics be harder work than reading reading a fictionalised account of the same subject?

And, if I want to sneer at it, I can. I know I'm likely to get a volley of abuse from you, as I did from Venom in the Star Wars thread over a very similar argument. But, I can live with that. Its interesting to hear the contradictory voice. Thats what these forums are for, right?

You don't need to tell me what the forums are for as though it somehow validates your argument - sure you can write the word fuck a million times or post a picture of your cock here if you like, it doesn't mean it makes any sense or should be received with admiration. If the 'contradictory voice' is load of hot air, sweeping statements and changes of argument, then yes you can expect a 'volley of abuse'.

novacane
13-07-2005, 12:28:49
:lol: OK, OK. You've taken this all too seriously. But, I'm gonna stick with this. So, now I have to point out the flaws in your argument right?

Firstly, I didn't "criticise" literary fiction when I said "I have never really grasped how literary fiction can be educational or contribute anything to my life." Arguably, that is more a criticism of myself. This is my main point here. I do not APPRECIATE works of fiction in book format. That clear enough now? I made it quite clear that my initial points were throw away comments aimed at provoking a debate. Its worked. I wanted to hear an argument explaining the appeal of Harry Potter, not be trodden down simply because I haven't read it.

Of course there are parallels with things I like. But that is all they are. Parallels. That doesn't make me a hypocrite and nor does it mean that by declaring a difficulty in appreciating literary fiction, I am dismissing all art forms. You're looking to draw conclusions about me which don't exist. And you know they don't exist. You're wasting your time.

The point I was making about GCSE History is that I don't need you to point out that sources should be questioned. I learned that at school and you're patronising me to suggest otherwise.

My argument has been a reading preference issue from the outset. At no point have I changed or contradicted my own argument. There has been no attack on fiction versus factual prose. I just gave my opinion that I do not ENJOY or appreciate fiction (in book format!!!!). That may be ignorant of me. But, (to indulge you) why on earth would I even entertain the idea of doing something which I didn't enjoy. I find non-fiction more educational and more fulfilling. It feels worthwhile, regardless of sources. Call it semi-fiction if you like, if it makes you happy. Either way, non-fiction is never fiction is it? Its at least based on true events. The reader is left to interpret information and draw their own conclusions. I find fiction to be very closed, but appreciate that it can stoke the imagination of others (yourself, no doubt). I like things to feel real, not completely made-up, an achievement though that is. Are you getting my point yet? I'm not attacking all forms of fiction. I'm just saying that I do not appreciate fiction (in book format)

Whats the point of specifying examples of factual accounts of ministers life in politics vs a fictionalised one when that hasn't appeared in the debate before. How factual is this factual account? Lets stick to the point. This is a tangent which doesn't need to be explored here.

And :sleep: your last point. I've hardly come on this Harry Potter thread seeking admiration have I? I knew I would be a minority. At no point have I changed my argument. I've simply needed to elaborate upon a few points when prompted. Any sweeping statements I have made, have been unintentional and more an example of laziness in not being bothered to make a full point.

K_G - I'm not a fan of fiction (in book format). I think you should be more appreciative of different tastes and not turn every dissenting voice into a slight on yourself or what YOU like. Roll with the punch.

Gramercy Riffs
13-07-2005, 13:15:11
A fight in the After Dark is the only way to settle this I fear....

Funko
13-07-2005, 13:17:11
A dance off, on the main stage.

novacane
13-07-2005, 13:35:18
:D I fear I may lose a dance-off. K_G would have a win at all costs attitude. I would foresee some stripping.

Venom
13-07-2005, 13:35:50
That would look like 2 giant Pillsbury Doughboys having seizures.

novacane
13-07-2005, 13:37:19
Correction
Originally posted by Venom
That would look like 1 giant Pillsbury Doughboy having a seizure.

Funko
13-07-2005, 13:37:58
:D I fear I may lose a dance-off. K_G would have a win at all costs attitude. I would foresee some stripping.

You think that would help him win?

The Norks
14-07-2005, 21:52:44
ooh ooh only one more day till the release!

King_Ghidra
15-07-2005, 09:30:02
yep, which explains the fat twenty-something harry potter lookalike i saw getting out of a car outside W H Smiths this morning :lol:

Funko
15-07-2005, 09:31:22
My copy's been dispatched by Amazon. Should arrive tomorrow morning.

novacane
15-07-2005, 11:16:15
I see it came early then?

Venom
15-07-2005, 15:59:51
That kid is almost certainly a huge dork.

novacane
15-07-2005, 16:09:46
He's American. :cute:

Immortal Wombat
17-07-2005, 00:01:09
My copy's been dispatched by Amazon. Should arrive tomorrow morning.
As did mine.

The book is pretty solid in my opinion. Although the setup for the seventh book leaves the potential for it to go a bit tacky-fantasy, in terms of storyarc development this one was more or less as expected. Some of the plot details are pleasantly unexpected however, and the book title fits the established pattern nicely, giving nothing away until afterwards.

devilmunchkin
17-07-2005, 09:41:53
*reading, reading, reading*

devilmunchkin
18-07-2005, 03:52:26
finished it roughly 12 hours..i'm depressed as hell..
awesome book though

Funko
18-07-2005, 09:18:19
I haven't finished it yet, would have finished it already but I'm trying to read it slowly. :)

Got about 100 pages left so I'll finish it tonight.

novacane
18-07-2005, 10:49:08
wordy, flabby and not very well edited

Not my words. The words of Suzy Feay of the Independent on
Sunday

Prose ran the gamut from torpid to pedestrian

says Robert Crumb writing in The Observer.

:p

novacane
18-07-2005, 11:10:57
Its a magical journey. Expect the unexpected.

says King_Ghidra

Immortal Wombat
18-07-2005, 13:22:39
The prose wasn't as tight as previous books, certainly. I think it is becoming increasingly difficult to fit in all the required information within the limits she has set herself and still maintain a good, coherent and plausible storyline at the same time.

Funko
18-07-2005, 13:29:25
I would agree with that. It's not the best of the series but it still does have that sense of excitement about it.

I don't think anyone's saying it's a work of high art but it is really entertaining and a very enjoyable read.

I read quite a lot, 2 or 3 books a week, a lot of it trashy thrillers but occasionally some proper literature too :) anyway the Potter books are definitely the ones I find the most enjoyable. It's like crack in a book.

Which is why they are so popular. The 'fad' wouldn't continue or be so huge if the books had nothing to offer.

King_Ghidra
18-07-2005, 13:48:07
says King_Ghidra

the transformation is complete, you are now officially a little internet troll

you have my deepest sympathies

Gramercy Riffs
18-07-2005, 13:51:02
:lol:

novacane
18-07-2005, 14:05:16

Just the response I was looking for. Thank you. My work here is done.

Debaser
18-07-2005, 14:05:37
A Google images search for internet troll provides this image, which actually looks a fair bit like Novacane... (the one on the left)

http://ovatherainbow.homestead.com/files/meganmiller_and_troll.jpg

Funko
18-07-2005, 14:06:30

novacane
18-07-2005, 14:11:36
Funko, K_G and Debaser are seen here awaiting the launch.

http://www.histar.com/djs/jeff_jer/starchive/2000-07/harry_potter/pic-big.jpg

I intended to maintain Debaser's cover as a non-believer until his unprovoked attack...........

Funko
18-07-2005, 14:15:52
Wow! We look cool.

novacane
18-07-2005, 14:23:35
I can't tell which one of you is in the middle, holding what appears to be his long and unusually thin cock.

Can you shed any light on this. Hardly the type of behaviour expected in a queue of children outside Waterstones is it?

Funko
18-07-2005, 14:25:00
That's clearly us standing in the queue to get into the After Dark.

Funko
18-07-2005, 14:25:38
I'm on the right. K_G's in the middle (who else gets their cock out at the AD?)

novacane
18-07-2005, 14:37:24
I think this adds further fuel to the argument that anythng submitted to the internet becomes public property and opens a doorway to possible ridicule.

Funko
18-07-2005, 14:51:06
anythng submitted

*points* :lol:

novacane
18-07-2005, 14:58:25
:rolleyes:

easy street

Sir Penguin
19-07-2005, 04:55:37
I was surprised at the utter bleakness. The characters weren't as angry and nasty as in the last book, but also, nothing good happened for most of the book. It was pointed out on another forum that the pieces of this book are classic Potter, but together... not so much. I really liked the pensieve scenes.

SP

Funko
19-07-2005, 11:05:31
Yeah.. that sounds about right...

I'm going to start a new thread for details about the ending so people who haven't finished yet can still read this one...

The Norks
19-07-2005, 16:46:52
i'm halfway through, and still waiting for the story to start- the key element of suspense and hooks seems to be missing, as does plot, and i'm feeling rather voyeuristic reading swathes of stuff about teenage love.

Funko
19-07-2005, 16:48:54
It is a bit like that, the story is dripped in in snippets, when you get to the end you see how it was building but as you are going through it's hard to work out what the plot is...

Funko
19-07-2005, 16:49:59
I think it's the calm before the storm.

The Norks
19-07-2005, 18:23:31
is that a metaphor for Harry's first wet dream? :cute:

Funko
20-07-2005, 09:18:45
Wet dreams? By the last chapter he's having full on hardcore threesomes with Hermione and Professor McGonagall

The Norks
20-07-2005, 16:41:40
hmmm I wonder how they'll portray that in the film version?

Funko
20-07-2005, 16:44:28
Accurately?

devilmunchkin
20-07-2005, 20:43:26
maybe they won't even address it..
look at how long it's taken them to introduce Cho into the movies...