PDA

View Full Version : Holy hell, watch this vid.

HelloKitty
10-06-2005, 20:16:44
teh expansion sounded good, but they did an amazing job with the look and design. Haven't seen anything like it before.

http://everquest2.station.sony.com/expansions/desertofflames/

This is all gameplay footage, not cutscenes etc.

Shining1
11-06-2005, 04:02:50
- What's with the boring developer voiceover all these things have? Talk about wrecking immersion and interest...

- I hate desert settings. They are always the worst part of any of these games.

- PvP looked Ghey.

- Dragon looked good. Dragons always look good. I'm especially sick of 'IT'S A HUGE MONSTER' quests, and Dragons are the pinnacle of that.

- The environment was beautiful, and the characters were great (except the weirdo mutant faced samurai guy), but somehow the overall style doesn't add up. Dragon looked entirely out of place against the photorealistic-attempt landscape.

- Open street PvP? No thanks.

HelloKitty
11-06-2005, 04:26:00
I like the dev voiceover, its a nice change fromt eh usual overly dramatic music and cutscenes.

To be honest, I have always hated desert areas as well, this one looks suprisingly good.

There won't be open street PVP(well except on PVP servers), it is PVE that changes the world. There are multiple factions, players join them and can take over buildings, parts of the city, etc and it changes the makup of the city, none of the city is static. As one gains in power the others weaken and NPCs will even be killing each other int he streets, if you are in a weak or hunted faction you have to worry about NPCs hunting you, not PCs.

What looked bad about the PVP? They were just showing a goofy part of it where you can, if you want, play an NPC monster int eh arena instead of your char. Somehow I doubt many people will be keen to use an orc insed of thier own character.

JM^3
11-06-2005, 04:27:26
I quit this one back in January...

JM

HelloKitty
11-06-2005, 04:47:06
You missed bloodlines, mentoring, the instanced zones, the solo changes, etc then.

HelloKitty
11-06-2005, 19:42:33
What's with the boring developer voiceover all these things have? Talk about wrecking immersion and interest...

Lol I just saw on the boards. The Dev that did it agrees with you. He is keeping the threads flaming hiss voiceover work alive and encouraging people to complain about it since he hates to do them.

He apparently does all the E3 demos etc so the execs make him do it.

Shining1
13-06-2005, 04:12:06
He sounds very corporate - incredibly patient and understanding and able to explain indepth the intricacies of an MMO to an audience of staid accountants. Good enough for an E3 trailer.

Less good for a public who is used to fraps PvP videos set to the tune of 'Fuel my Fire' by Prodigy, or similar. =)