PDA

View Full Version : Quit complaining about your work

Lurker the Second
08-06-2005, 18:27:32
Quite complaining and show some dedication.

Man Delivers Pizza After Being Shot in Leg

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Published: June 8, 2005

Filed at 1:06 p.m. ET

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) -- A robbery attempt by a masked man and a gunshot wound to the leg didn't stop a pizza delivery man from making his rounds, pies in hand.

Thomas Stefanelli, 37, said dedication to his job at Hungry Howie's Pizza kept him on the job after a struggle with a robber Saturday night left him bleeding from a bullet wound in his left thigh.

Stefanelli arrived at a home only to realize it was vacant, police said. The masked man approached Stefanelli, pointed a gun and demanded money. Stefanelli said he fought with the man, and two shots were fired. One hit Stefanelli, but he did not immediately notice.

The shooter eventually fled with a second man.

''They figured they were going to make an easy mark by robbing a pizza delivery person,'' said police spokesman Joe Durkin.

Stefanelli finally noticed his wound. His cell phone wasn't working, so he drove to his next delivery address, dropped off the pie and called his boss to ask him to call the police.

Stefanelli went on to make three more deliveries.

''It bled a little bit, not much,'' he said.

He was treated and released from a hospital.

No arrests have been made, but police have identified several suspects, Durkin said.

Japher
08-06-2005, 19:44:56
Dude!

Guy must be nutz to be "dedicated to his job" at a pizza place.

Venom
08-06-2005, 19:47:49
If I get a paper cut I leave the office and return home to convalesce.

Japher
08-06-2005, 19:51:45
I once went on long term disability because I accidently scratched myself with a paper clip.

BigGameHunter
08-06-2005, 19:57:33
I pinched my joint between two stacked pallets a night ago and kept working. I think the idea of how I would phrase that in an accident report sent a surge of healing adrenaline to the affected area.

Funko
08-06-2005, 19:58:10
Was it still smokable?

BigGameHunter
08-06-2005, 20:00:25
You do know that joint is a bit of an archaic slang for cock, right?

Venom's insults are all true--you ARE a pole smoker!!!

Japher
08-06-2005, 20:01:15
I'll take that as a "no"

Funko
08-06-2005, 20:02:23
Originally posted by BigGameHunter
You do know that joint is a bit of an archaic slang for cock, right?

Jokes aside... it's not really is it?

Lurker the Second
08-06-2005, 20:04:31
:lol:

BigGameHunter
08-06-2005, 20:06:53
See #8

http://www.yourdictionary.com/ahd/j/j0057200.html

joint
n.

1. a. A place or part at which two or more things are joined. b. A way in which two or more things are joined: a mortise-and-tenon joint; flexible joints.

2. Anatomy a. A point of articulation between two or more bones, especially such a connection that allows motion. b. A point in the exoskeleton of an invertebrate at which movable parts join, as along the leg of an arthropod.

3. Botany An articulation on a fruit or stem, such as the node of a grass stem.

4. Geology A fracture or crack in a rock mass along which no appreciable movement has occurred.

5. A large cut of meat for roasting.

6. Slang a. A cheap or disreputable gathering place: "The tavern is . . . just a joint with Formica tables, a vinyl floor, lights over the mirrors" (Scott Turow). b. A building or dwelling. c. A prison. Often used with the.

7. Slang A marijuana cigarette.

8. Vulgar Slang A penis.

Funko
08-06-2005, 20:11:49
:lol:

That's hillarious.

With that and "smoking a bone" I'm worried about the US slang similarity between words for penis and spliff.

Venom
08-06-2005, 20:15:03
:lol: My insults are always true! Cock sucker!

BigGameHunter
08-06-2005, 20:17:13
We also seem to have an unhealthy mental relationship between sexual organs and meat.