PDA

View Full Version : Towers of London

King_Ghidra
02-06-2005, 13:27:38
Err i was ready to hate these guys, but i'm not sure i do.

They look like a parody and they seem like they must be horribly manufactured, but i'm not sure if they are or not.

Musically, the bits i've heard sound quite listenable, 'fuck it all' definitely has potential.

hmmm...i just can't help thinking the whole thing is some kind of horrible joke/cash cow

Gramercy Riffs
02-06-2005, 13:30:12
They are managed by the same guy who used to manage the Mondays ie the prick who was partly responsible for the demise of Factory Records.

Funko
02-06-2005, 13:30:13
They were at a Rebus gig in London, they look even more ridiculous in person than in photos.

http://www.hallornothing.com/newsite/images/photos/174.jpg

I believe that Rob made a very funny copy of this picture... I'll see if I can find his version.

Funko
02-06-2005, 13:34:38
Here we go:

http://www.loudmedicine.net/be/eh.jpg

Funko
02-06-2005, 13:37:07
I haven't heard their music, I've read some horrible reviews that made me not bother.

from a review on drowned in sound:

"2. TOWERS OF LONDON
Quite literally the fucking worst band in the history of the world, ever. Yet for some fucking ridiculous reason they’ve been given buzz status in London and some cúnt-truck in some deep pit of inhumanity has given them a deal. ToL are old men who were probably in a band that sounded like the Verve until ‘Permission to Land’. They will be making 'music' for people who think ‘Punk’ is about playing badly, spitting and fascism.
Thankfully the real Motley Crue return this year, so any cred’ they’re given will be as short-lived as their attention spans. "

Funko
02-06-2005, 13:40:36
Ok. Fuck it Up plays over their website if you go there.

Very Sex Pistols. Derivative but not as bad I was expecting.

King_Ghidra
02-06-2005, 13:50:39
yeah i went to the website, that's when i started to change my mind.

that review is superb though.

Debaser
02-06-2005, 14:57:19
Yeah, I started to quite like them when I had a look at their website too. Maybe there's some kind of clever Derren Brown style mind trick going on on the front page or something.

protein
02-06-2005, 15:50:28
One of them came backstage at the water rats and letched over the chick from babyshambles. They all seem like arrogant pricks but they also come across as weedy kids in the flesh.

Funko
02-06-2005, 15:52:08
According to the Pete Docherty and the stalker thing I saw on Channel 4 she's left Babyshambles. Apparently because all the drugs etc are too intense.

Assuming you mean the drummer Gemma also from the Suffrajets.

King_Ghidra
14-06-2005, 12:46:10
Both the towers of london and baby shambles are going to be at Reading this year, incidentally