PDA

View Full Version : Metroid Prime

Kitsuki
30-05-2005, 13:39:38
I just bought a GC, memory card and Metroid Prime for a rather impressive 40...

It is one of the best games I have ever played. The puzzles and progression are both highly rewarding, and the controls are very intuitive; I generally hate console controls for FPSs (though this is more action adventure really...)

Anyhow, have almost completed it and wondering if anyone knows if the second one lives up to it; so I can use my fortnight off after I finish Uni playing it too...

Chris
02-06-2005, 03:52:42
I remember playing the first Metroid, was a cool game in its day.

JM^3
02-06-2005, 05:50:36
Resident Evil 4 is good as well

Jon Miller

Cumber
17-06-2005, 04:54:20
Metroid Prime 2 is good! It is longer, more difficult, neat new monsters, the new weapons are pretty good, the light/dark world thing is cool...

Loses points on intangible 'feel' stuff though, in a way that's difficult to describe... one facet of it is that were Metroid Prime made all its items effectively keys opening up new areas of the game, MP2 adds a whole bunch of explicit keys as well, which makes it lose something... I dunno. Oh and all the stupidly unnecessary scan text explaining simple gameplay devices (all the bridges/doors/whatevers after being activated by switch have to have a scan entry saying "This now appears to be broken. It will not move again." rather than just having it not move again and letting the player figure it out)

It's damn fun though. If you liked the first one you will definitely like Metroid Prime 2.

No Ridley though. :cry: