PDA

View Full Version : Can you just see him getting a kick out ouf this?


Asher
30-05-2005, 06:28:55
Any more mod baiting... comments about the mods here... any insults... any more crap...

And I'll restrict you for a week.

You have a problem... PM THE OWNERS... enough of your whining in threads.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

And if you don't respond saying you agree... I'll restrict you until you do.

YOU GOT THAT!

Funny, or sad?

DaShi
30-05-2005, 07:01:05
He's clearly losing his grip on the situation. I said this would happen when he made a mod. He's too biased, a bit naive, and never really had the respect of the community to begin with. Perfect candidate for Sidgames, though.

Asher
30-05-2005, 07:03:14
Ming has resorted to insulting Canadians now via PM. :love:

It's utterly amazing how hard the man strives to divert any and all discussion of UR. Clearly a man in marketing.

Asher
30-05-2005, 07:04:24
And before the usual suspects complain -- spare me. I can't discuss this over there, because the mods have systematically been deleting any and all references to "the incident" to extinguish it from memory.

devilmunchkin
30-05-2005, 07:10:56
reminds me of the me revealing the crap tiamat did...ming took a similar approach..albeit not quick that drastic

DaShi
30-05-2005, 07:15:46
Oh, it's Ming. Yes, he believes in keeping a united front on these issues regardless.

devilmunchkin
30-05-2005, 07:16:27
what is the issue btw? i haven't been around poly....

dv8ed
30-05-2005, 07:49:24
Originally posted by devilmunchkin
what is the issue btw? i haven't been around poly....
Asher was being an ass toward somebody with no sense of humor. Nothing new.

mr.G
30-05-2005, 07:54:44
enough of your whining in threads

so you are banned again, isn't it time to draw a conclusion?

Spartak
30-05-2005, 08:03:43
Why don't you go and complain where someone cares.

I'm fed up with people banned at Poly coming here to whine about it.

LoD
30-05-2005, 08:13:57
Oleeee....

DaShi
30-05-2005, 09:46:34
I'm not banned at poly!!!! And I treat UR like something the cat dragged in!!! It's not fair I tells ya!!!

Drekkus
30-05-2005, 11:34:58
"the incident" :lol:
How come you take forum life so serious, asher?

Provost Harrison
30-05-2005, 11:38:01
I got told off for using nasty words (suitably asterisked may I add) against a white supremacist bigot. Sums it up really :lol:

MOBIUS
30-05-2005, 11:45:27
Probably cos Ming identifies with white supremacist bigots...

Oops, looks like I've PHd' myself...:cute:

Provost Harrison
30-05-2005, 11:59:29
Your path to the dark side is now complete, MOBIUS ;)

Dyl Ulenspiegel
30-05-2005, 12:30:47
The obvious side, rather.

oops

Asher
30-05-2005, 15:03:33
Originally posted by dv8ed
Asher was being an ass toward somebody with no sense of humor. Nothing new.
Called Urban Ranger clueless, got 24 hours for it.

65 other people in the past 2 months have called someone "clueless" in the OTF without a warning/ban.

Kitsuki
30-05-2005, 15:10:05
"Clueless" - is that suppose to be offensive....?

Asher
30-05-2005, 15:12:15
Apparently. It was damn apt at the time.

He was debating about 64-bit processors without even knowing the new Pentium 4s were 64-bit. He even showed a chart clearly labeled "Total SYSTEM Power" and tried to tell me (twice) that it was specific to the CPU Power.

I called him clueless...because, well, he is. And to refute my argument, he banned me and deleted the thread.

Provost Harrison
30-05-2005, 15:18:21
Handbag fight! Handbag fight! :D

Asher
30-05-2005, 15:19:16
God, I wish.

Provost Harrison
30-05-2005, 15:21:38
Same person who told me off for asterisked naughty words against a neo-nazi...

Asher
30-05-2005, 15:25:54
"Notice how you are clueless." - Asher
"Not even Plus! members can break site rules. See you in 24 hours." - Urban Ranger

----

"So you're a rich b*stard who has never had a real job? no wonder you are such a dunce. I've worked more than you, and I'm 19. Get into the real world, asshat. " - Odin
"Everyone, chill a little." - Urban Ranger

----

Pretty remarkable difference, no?

Provost Harrison
30-05-2005, 15:27:18
Does look a little excessive...get a refund for your day's poly+ membership. Still, must be a mug to get it in the first place :lol:

DaShi
30-05-2005, 15:38:17
:gotit: He should be given a free s'poly mug!

Kitsuki
30-05-2005, 15:41:40
Originally posted by Asher


He was debating about 64-bit processors without even knowing the new Pentium 4s were 64-bit. He even showed a chart clearly labeled "Total SYSTEM Power" and tried to tell me (twice) that it was specific to the CPU Power.


I'll take your word for it that you were right.... :rolleyes:

Asher
30-05-2005, 15:46:53
The problem wasn't that I was right, it was he was clueless about what he was talking about.

Just as I would be clueless if I were to enter a debate about abstract artists or whatever.

mr.G
30-05-2005, 16:07:20
doooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
di
doooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Dyl Ulenspiegel
30-05-2005, 16:10:56
poooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ly
poooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

The Higgelhoff
30-05-2005, 16:42:34
I like reading poly! Makes me feel dirty! :nervous:

Dyl Ulenspiegel
30-05-2005, 16:50:01
Like covering yourself with camel piss.

Drekkus
30-05-2005, 16:53:54
Like the foreign legatairs!

KrazyHorse@home
30-05-2005, 17:29:47
UR is the greatest mod poly has ever had.

He increases my enjoyment of the site tenfold, and answers the eternal question: what if the inmates were running the asylum?

Keep up the good work, Asher. Being reasonable and just completely ignoring UR from here on out on anything remotely serious like I choose to do would deny me these little moments of pleasure.

Spartak
30-05-2005, 17:40:57
Boring.

Cruddy
30-05-2005, 17:41:13
Originally posted by Asher
"Notice how you are clueless." - Asher
"Not even Plus! members can break site rules. See you in 24 hours." - Urban Ranger

----

"So you're a rich b*stard who has never had a real job? no wonder you are such a dunce. I've worked more than you, and I'm 19. Get into the real world, asshat. " - Odin
"Everyone, chill a little." - Urban Ranger

----

Pretty remarkable difference, no?

Seem to recall naming a verb after him - something along the lines of

"To Urban (also to Ranger; Rangered) - posting up any old crap rapidly googled for in the sincere belief this constitutes a winning argument".

Didn't even get a comment at the time. Although perhaps he wasn't a mod then.

I'm so glad I left.

Asher
30-05-2005, 19:52:21
Originally posted by KrazyHorse@home
UR is the greatest mod poly has ever had.

He increases my enjoyment of the site tenfold, and answers the eternal question: what if the inmates were running the asylum?

Keep up the good work, Asher. Being reasonable and just completely ignoring UR from here on out on anything remotely serious like I choose to do would deny me these little moments of pleasure.
There's no point in ignoring him. It adds some drama to the whole thing, which has been sorely lacking since the Mac forums fell.

MOBIUS
30-05-2005, 21:29:22
So really this is Karma, cos you caused the demise of the Mac forums...:lol:

Diss
31-05-2005, 09:08:56
Originally posted by DaShi
He's clearly losing his grip on the situation. I said this would happen when he made a mod. He's too biased, a bit naive, and never really had the respect of the community to begin with. Perfect candidate for Sidgames, though.

who in the hell are we talking about anyways?

edit: disregard. I see in the post below yours.

As for him, I thought he would be a problem, but hasn't messed with me, so I can't complain. :)

Ming sometimes restricts me though. but he usually gives me warnings first.

Funko
31-05-2005, 09:17:07
Originally posted by Asher
Funny, or sad?

Very sad. - you for bringing this up I mean obviously.

DaShi
31-05-2005, 11:33:10
Originally posted by Cruddy

"To Urban (also to Ranger; Rangered) - posting up any old crap rapidly googled for in the sincere belief this constitutes a winning argument".

Didn't even get a comment at the time. Although perhaps he wasn't a mod then.


That's strange, I don't remember him posting anything that could be backed up in the slightest, not even by a google search.

Asher
31-05-2005, 15:22:08
Originally posted by Funko
Very sad. - you for bringing this up I mean obviously.
Thanks for the bump. :beer:

The Higgelhoff
31-05-2005, 15:24:21
Originally posted by Asher
Thanks for the bum. :beer:

:hmm:

Asher
31-05-2005, 16:01:53
I hear he gets lots of practice bumming now.

Cruddy
01-06-2005, 01:08:05
Well, practise makes perfect.