PDA

View Full Version : Go see Ong-Bak!

MOBIUS
14-05-2005, 19:00:40
If you're in any way into martial arts this is the unreconstructed real deal!

None of this wireplay floaty supernatural CGI shit - what you see is what you get!

Starring the upcoming Muay Thai expert Tony Jaa the fight scenes and chases are awesome! Not much of a storyline, but hey did I say the fight scenes and chases are awesome!!!:D

9/10

Lazarus and the Gimp
14-05-2005, 20:54:19
I'm not really into martial arts movies. However I saw "Hero" yesterday because I'm a longtime Zhang Yimou fan, and I thought it was a work of genius. It's the most beautiful cinematography I've seen in years.

protein
14-05-2005, 21:14:56
I've been trying to get hold of ong bak for nearly three years since I saw it in a Bangkok hotel room at three in the morning with my jaw practically on the floor.

Imagine my happiness to see that it's been released over here.

It's very much like early Jackie Chan films. Still unrealistic but none of that stupid floating about shit.

King_Ghidra
16-05-2005, 08:55:07
Off to see this tomorrow night, it's screening at the showcase in winnersh, for those in the Reading area who are interested.

Kitsuki
16-05-2005, 09:09:05
Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
I'm not really into martial arts movies. However I saw "Hero" yesterday because I'm a longtime Zhang Yimou fan, and I thought it was a work of genius. It's the most beautiful cinematography I've seen in years.

Hero is amazing - I should get round to buying it so I can watch it repeatedly...

King_Ghidra
18-05-2005, 14:17:02
This was brilliant. Absolutely brutal, really made me wince and cry out many times. Great old school martial arts film, typically flimsy plot, good sense of humour and some nice set-pieces.

Also the main baddie has a unique and :lol: touch!

Nills Lagerbaak
13-06-2005, 09:39:41
he he, I really enjoyed this, especially the bad guy! Absolutely amazing fights and always good to see a bad guy "enhancing" his performace for the last fight scene.

Was I correct in spotting the baddie in the first bike scene had a Bee Gees t-shirt on? Either Bee Gees or Ulysees.

protein
25-06-2005, 14:04:30
Oh my god! I finally watched Ong Bak. No film can ever, ever surpass this film in terms of action. I bow down before Tony Jaa. Hong Kong cinema is dead. Long live Ong Bak!

Seriously, if you haven't seen this film, watch it immediately! If only for the ridiculous spinning flaming leg kick and nothing else.

protein
25-06-2005, 14:05:05
Fucking wow!

I might just watch it again now. I'm still grinning.

shagnasty
23-05-2006, 16:22:58
Just watched this film again today. :chin-on-floor:
As much as I love Bruce Lee I have to say that none of his films, or any other martial arts film has actually made me want to learn a specific form.

This film however just makes me want to bugger off to Thailand and put up with the annoying sounding language and stupidly long names just to learn Muay Thai right this very moment. What an awsome martial art.

Venom
23-05-2006, 17:22:14
I also enjoy this movie. My favorite part was the double knee smash through the floor.

Scabrous Birdseed
23-05-2006, 17:36:49
I saw this back in 2004 or so (downloaded it off a Thair DC++ hub after a tip-off from a friend). I liked it.

shagnasty
23-05-2006, 17:43:35
Originally posted by Venom
I also enjoy this movie. My favorite part was the double knee smash through the floor.

Yeah that was pretty cool. I think my favourite bit was the first big fight sequence where he takes on the 3 increasingly harder fighters. The funniest part of that is when he chases the "Jap" around the ring kicking him up the arse.:lol: :bounce: