PDA

View Full Version : Norks

Lazarus and the Gimp
12-05-2005, 13:37:47
Just a quick announcement. Mrs Gimp's milk supply has arrived, so her jubblies now resemble a dead-heat in an airship race.

Thank you.

Funko
12-05-2005, 13:38:38
She's got something going in with the milkman?

Nills Lagerbaak
12-05-2005, 13:40:30
I think the milkman has something going in.

Fergus & The Brazen Car
12-05-2005, 13:41:31
I remember my friend Joanne saying that when she was lactating it was like going to sleep with zeppelins in her armpits.

She's from Devon, so perhaps this dirigible thing is a West Country/South West type thang.

Could be in Lincolnshire they'd refer to blimps, or marrows....

Greg W
12-05-2005, 13:45:15
Thanks for sharing Laz. :nervous:

mr.G
12-05-2005, 13:47:18
Is it tasteful?

zmama
12-05-2005, 13:47:42
Owies...I remember.

It can hurt, a lot

Venom
12-05-2005, 13:50:35
Ah, airship jokes. The pinnacle of comedy.

Lazarus and the Gimp
12-05-2005, 13:52:25
Speaking of pinnacles, heeeeeeere's Mrs Gimp!

Dyl Ulenspiegel
12-05-2005, 13:57:29
where?

Greg W
12-05-2005, 13:58:47
Twin Peaks?

Fergus & The Brazen Car
12-05-2005, 13:59:02
Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
Speaking of pinnacles, heeeeeeere's Mrs Gimp!

There's a mountain range in the United States called the Tetons.

Just thought she'd like to know....

And a funny bit in 'Sunday, Bloody Sunday' where they put expressed milk on the cornflakes. Have never quite trusted Express Dairies since....

zmama
12-05-2005, 13:59:53
The Grand Tetons to be precise ;)

Dyl Ulenspiegel
12-05-2005, 14:02:22
I hate Teutons.

Greg W
12-05-2005, 14:02:56
Te·ton ( P ) Pronunciation Key (ttn)
n. pl. Teton or Te·tons In both senses also called Lakota, Teton Dakota, Teton Sioux.
1) The largest and westernmost of the Sioux peoples, made up of seven groups including the Oglala, Hunkpapa, Brulé, and Miniconjou. The Teton became nomadic buffalo hunters after migrating westward in the 18th century and figured prominently in the resistance to white encroachment on the northern Great Plains.
2) A member of this people.

And Urban dictionary shows nothing.

:confused:

Funko
12-05-2005, 14:04:56
The tetons are also called Lactator?

Venom
12-05-2005, 14:06:23
Because Teton is not slang for titty. It's a bit of a homonym, but not really.

And I'm not kidding. I love a good airship joke.

Fergus & The Brazen Car
12-05-2005, 14:09:30
" What's in a name?

A group of French villages with mirth-producing names such as Filthy Pig and My Bottom have formed a league of the absurd . . .
The first meeting of "Villages of lyric or burlesque names" took place over the weekend in a hamlet outside the southern city of Toulouse entitled Mingocebos, which means Eat Onions in the old southern language of Occitan.

"When you go to a reception and you say you are the mayor of Bordeaux nothing happens. When you say you are the mayor of Cucugnan people laugh," said Denis Descube, a municipal official in Cucugnan, whose name evokes twice over the French for Arse.

Other villages taking part were Beaufou (Beautiful Mad), Saligos (Filthy Pig) and Cocumont (Cuckold Hill). Trecon (Very Stupid) and Montcuq (My Arse) stayed away.

From Agence France-Presse, via Australia.

Posted by David on October 9, 2003 10:40 PM

Comments Those earthy Frenchmen left their mark in the Western U.S. a while back:

... "The Grand Tetons". Say it in French: les grands tétons – and you immediately know what it means...

From the The State of French Studies in the US.

Posted by: Peter Shriner on October 11, 2003 10:09 AM The name of the Grand Tetons is particularly compelling when you see it on a t-shirt worn by a well-endowed woman.

Posted by: Steven Jens on October 14, 2003 02:51 AM "

http://www.cronaca.com/archives/001536.html

Funko
12-05-2005, 14:11:02
Originally posted by Venom
Because Teton is not slang for titty. It's a bit of a homonym, but not really.

And I'm not kidding. I love a good airship joke.

A homo name?

Greg W
12-05-2005, 14:13:37
Originally posted by Fergus & The Brazen Car
les grands tétonsAh, after running that through Bablefish, now I get it. :beer:

Greg W
12-05-2005, 14:14:01
Originally posted by Funko
A homo name? Homosexual NIM? :eek:

zmama
12-05-2005, 14:22:50
Originally posted by Greg W
Te·ton ( P ) Pronunciation Key (ttn)
n. pl. Teton or Te·tons In both senses also called Lakota, Teton Dakota, Teton Sioux.
1) The largest and westernmost of the Sioux peoples, made up of seven groups including the Oglala, Hunkpapa, Brulé, and Miniconjou. The Teton became nomadic buffalo hunters after migrating westward in the 18th century and figured prominently in the resistance to white encroachment on the northern Great Plains.
2) A member of this people.

And Urban dictionary shows nothing.

:confused:

To be pedantic for real :D

Teton Dakota/sioux...named for the proximity of the tribe to the Grand Tetons.

Never hear them called that though...mostly Lakota

Greg W
12-05-2005, 14:26:32
Don't ask me. :clueless:

Though I would have though the mountains would be named after the tribe, not the other way around...

Venom
12-05-2005, 14:36:31
A homo name?

Yeah. Like Mike.

Funko
12-05-2005, 14:38:08
Or Danielle.

zmama
12-05-2005, 14:38:09
Don't ask me. :clueless:

Though I would have though the mountains would be named after the tribe, not the other way around...

Nope the frogs named the mountains

Greg W
12-05-2005, 14:40:07
I didn't even know Frogs could speak. Well, other than that one in the box that sings when you open the box...

King_Ghidra
12-05-2005, 15:08:17
hmm, yeah, big tits and those ridiculous pancake-sized nipples
urgh

Fergus & The Brazen Car
12-05-2005, 15:20:28
I remember a friend of a friend telling me about how shortly after giving birth she had gone to church wearing a grey sweatshirt (typical nursing mother gear, so that baby puke doesn't ruin your Givenchy top, for instance) and she had forgotten to express, and baby was thankfully sleeping, but hadn't fed.

At the end of the service, as they were preparing to go, her first child said in a very loud, typically embarassing childlike way:

"Mummy, why are your diddies all wet ?"

mr.G
12-05-2005, 15:22:49
ewwwwwwwwww

self biased
12-05-2005, 16:27:31
Originally posted by Fergus & The Brazen Car
I remember my friend Joanne saying that when she was lactating it was like going to sleep with zeppelins in her armpits.

She's from Devon, so perhaps this dirigible thing is a West Country/South West type thang.

Could be in Lincolnshire they'd refer to blimps, or marrows....

and here i was thinking that you were a JM AE.

Lurker the Second
12-05-2005, 16:41:41
FYI, the Grand Tetons:

http://www.drgibson.com/tetons/images/25.JPG

MoSe
12-05-2005, 16:56:44
Because Teton is not slang for titty.

in italian:
tetta = tit
tette = tits
tettona = big tit (or big-titted girl)
tettone = big tits (or big-titted girls)

but

tettonica = tectonic

King_Ghidra
12-05-2005, 17:20:02
panettone?

MoSe
12-05-2005, 17:21:33
big loaf of bread

Venom
12-05-2005, 17:46:44
We're talking English here fuckhead.

Gibsie
12-05-2005, 18:26:07
I wish I had a girlfriend with big norks. Then I could post about it to all my internet friends. Wait, I do! Hurrah!

mr.G
12-05-2005, 18:27:54
We're talking English here fuckhead. panettone?

sleeping_satsuma
12-05-2005, 19:00:11
norks are great

childrearing is humiliating

The Norks
12-05-2005, 19:01:01
I agree

Funko
13-05-2005, 09:00:13
Originally posted by sleeping_satsuma
norks are great

childrearing is humiliating

Surely it's just totally normal? How we all got here etc.

King_Ghidra
13-05-2005, 09:03:57
There are lots of normal things that bring us into conflict with other concepts that society values, e.g. taking a shit is 'dirty' but we all have to do it. I think what ss is saying is that there are some aspects of the pregnancy, childbirth and childrearing acts that fall into that category.

King_Ghidra
13-05-2005, 09:07:34
in fact, quite possibly the conception too :D

Lazarus and the Gimp
13-05-2005, 09:08:40
£10 says SS gets knocked up within a year. She's got that fertile and dirty air about her lately.

Funko
13-05-2005, 09:16:59
Originally posted by King_Ghidra
There are lots of normal things that bring us into conflict with other concepts that society values, e.g. taking a shit is 'dirty' but we all have to do it. I think what ss is saying is that there are some aspects of the pregnancy, childbirth and childrearing acts that fall into that category.

You aren't humiliated by having to shit. And the act of taking a shit isn't dirty although the actual waste we expel is unsanitary...

Child rearing might occasionally be messy but I wouldn't say it was humiliating. Or I suppose what I'm really saying is that I wouldn't consider that someone else should have lowered pride/self-respect because they are child rearing even if some aspects involve some kind of bodily fluids some people are squeamish about. The childrearing is normal and their squeamishness is their problem.

King_Ghidra
13-05-2005, 09:23:44
funko we all know you're right but most people aren't that well-adjusted, i'm just making their case

Oerdin
13-05-2005, 09:27:39
Originally posted by MoSe
in italian:
tetta = tit
tette = tits
tettona = big tit (or big-titted girl)
tettone = big tits (or big-titted girls)

but

tettonica = tectonic

Proof positive that Germans are tits!

Funko
13-05-2005, 09:29:01
Their case sucks. :)

Oerdin
13-05-2005, 09:30:01
Or rather the Earth is tits.

Drekkus
13-05-2005, 12:16:42
Originally posted by Lurker the Second
FYI, the Grand Tetons:

http://www.drgibson.com/tetons/images/25.JPG don't change the subject away from tits, idiot.

Lurker the Second
13-05-2005, 16:22:51
But it does look like a tit. There are better angles that capture the nipple effect.

Chris
13-05-2005, 16:23:58
No pictures of bodacious ta-tas were presented, only pictures of moutains.

This thread scores a 8.5 on the CG gay-o-meter out of a possible 10.

Gibsie
13-05-2005, 20:30:40
A girl at work commented on another girl's "dripping pair". She was talking about a nice piece of fruit, as it happened.

Greg W
14-05-2005, 13:27:31
Now if she was talking about her dripping snatch... :love:

The Norks
15-05-2005, 02:15:07
Originally posted by King_Ghidra

what Ghidra said

there aint nothin dignified about having your legs in stirrups with three people looking up your clout while you poo yourself, lose your bladder control and inherit leaky tats.

Its friggin awful!

Worst of all you end up with a kid!

The Norks
15-05-2005, 02:18:21
£10 says SS gets knocked up within a year. She's got that fertile and dirty air about her lately.

If I did (insanely unlikely), I would see to it that I was very quickly de-knocked up. I cant stand bloody babies, and the thought of pregnancy is totally repulsive to me. Plus I don't want kids, and indeed cannot afford them. Hamsters are better.

protein
15-05-2005, 02:20:52
Originally posted by The Norks
what Ghidra said

there aint nothin dignified about having your legs in stirrups with three people looking up your clout while you poo yourself, lose your bladder control and inherit leaky tats.

Its friggin awful!

Worst of all you end up with a kid!
:lol:

The Norks
15-05-2005, 02:29:38
You aren't humiliated by having to shit. And the act of taking a shit isn't dirty although the actual waste we expel is unsanitary...

Child rearing might occasionally be messy but I wouldn't say it was humiliating. Or I suppose what I'm really saying is that I wouldn't consider that someone else should have lowered pride/self-respect because they are child rearing even if some aspects involve some kind of bodily fluids some people are squeamish about. The childrearing is normal and their squeamishness is their problem.

Are you trying to win some kind of lifetime PC award?? :)

I think we should splay your legs out, while loads of people look up your gusset for 24 hours and stick their hands up your arse, then cover you in baby poo at 2am, wake you up every 2 hours thereafter for about 6 months, let someone sick on you a few times, and then revisit this conversation. Its only fair :)

The Norks
15-05-2005, 02:31:30
Now if she was talking about her dripping snatch... :love:

Trust the Aussie to lower the tone. :rolleyes: :)

DaShi
15-05-2005, 04:10:06

I think we should splay your legs out, while loads of people look up your gusset for 24 hours and stick their hands up your arse, then cover you in baby poo at 2am, wake you up every 2 hours thereafter for about 6 months, let someone sick on you a few times, and then revisit this conversation. Its only fair :)

Some people venom would pay a lot of money for that.

Greg W
15-05-2005, 04:27:18
Trust the Aussie to lower the tone. :rolleyes: :) :D

Lazarus and the Gimp
15-05-2005, 08:19:30

Pffft. With the exception of the gusset and arse stuff, I've done all that and it's not humiliating. If the other stuff is, let's face facts- at some point in your life a medical professional is going to have a good gawp at your undercarriage and poke a finger up your bum whether you have kids or not.

JM^3
15-05-2005, 14:49:39
maybe it is just men who get that?

JM

The Norks
15-05-2005, 14:53:04
:D

BRACE YOURSELF SHEILA!! :lol:

The Norks
15-05-2005, 14:55:38
Pffft. With the exception of the gusset and arse stuff, I've done all that and it's not humiliating. If the other stuff is, let's face facts- at some point in your life a medical professional is going to have a good gawp at your undercarriage and poke a finger up your bum whether you have kids or not.

a smear test is bad enough. Childbirth can fuck right off.

Greg W
15-05-2005, 14:56:44
BRACE YOURSELF SHEILA!! :lol: :lol:

Greg W
15-05-2005, 14:57:49
a smear test is bad enough. Childbirth can fuck right off. And why do they call it a pap smear?

Cos if they called it a cunt scrape, nobody would get one. :D

The Norks
15-05-2005, 15:12:33
OR........its for the changes caused by human papilloma virus, ie the virus that causes genital warts in certain strains.

you my dear, are a foul mouthed loutish convict. I like you :D

Greg W
16-05-2005, 01:04:24
Never let the truth get in the way of a good joke. ;)

No wonder you shacked up with an armed forces boy. You obviously like them rugged. :D

Immortal Wombat
27-05-2006, 08:55:14

If I did (insanely unlikely), I would see to it that I was very quickly de-knocked up. I cant stand bloody babies, and the thought of pregnancy is totally repulsive to me. Plus I don't want kids, and indeed cannot afford them. Hamsters are better.

bump:nervous:

BigGameHunter
27-05-2006, 09:14:13
Jinxed!

Oerdin
27-05-2006, 09:14:14

I always thought SS = Norks. :nervous:

The Norks
27-05-2006, 13:19:48
SS does = Norks.

Well I did a lot of reading about childbirth last year which changed my horror levels, although I do think that it is one long series of indignities, but I've found them more bearable than I thought. A lot of it is myth and you don't really find that out until you learn more about it. I don't think my ideas of childbirth before were founded in reality, more in popular TV and anecdote. i don't particularly like being pregnant, its very inconvnient, but most women feel that way at some point. I've been really amazed by other women's feelings and fears and am more convinced than ever that the 'natural mother' is a sentimental myth for most of us. That's not to say there aren't enjoyable things- its really fascinating going through the whole experience and I like the kicking even though it makes me jump.

Once you're pregnant though, your feelings change anyway- I felt that it would be a great adventure and life affirming, and that i wanted to meet and care for the new person who was part of both of us, whereas to terminate would have left me always wondering and I felt it would create a sort of void for me and for our relationship. It was really instinctual to be honest, although not an easy decision to vocalise. Also I'm in a very different position now to where I was last year, and it felt right on some level, whereas it never had before. Jason also had a gut level feeling about it and in fact he knew i was pregnant before i even did the test, and it sort of seemed to be a natural part of what was happening.

rest assured though, i am still the cynical type and still believe in the right to choose and i still love my hammies. i haven't gone all soft on ya! Well, not too much anyway lol :)

The Norks
27-05-2006, 13:20:25
btw, do i owe laz some sort of forfeit now? :nervous:

Spartak@CPH
27-05-2006, 13:36:01
yes

The Norks
27-05-2006, 13:40:57
as long as it doesnt involve a trebuchet, a DIY project, or some scrumpy then ok..!

Qaj the Fuzzy Love Worm
27-05-2006, 18:36:09
SS does = Norks.

Well I did a lot of reading about childbirth last year which changed my horror levels, although I do think that it is one long series of indignities, but I've found them more bearable than I thought. A lot of it is myth and you don't really find that out until you learn more about it. I don't think my ideas of childbirth before were founded in reality, more in popular TV and anecdote. i don't particularly like being pregnant, its very inconvnient, but most women feel that way at some point. I've been really amazed by other women's feelings and fears and am more convinced than ever that the 'natural mother' is a sentimental myth for most of us. That's not to say there aren't enjoyable things- its really fascinating going through the whole experience and I like the kicking even though it makes me jump.

Once you're pregnant though, your feelings change anyway- I felt that it would be a great adventure and life affirming, and that i wanted to meet and care for the new person who was part of both of us, whereas to terminate would have left me always wondering and I felt it would create a sort of void for me and for our relationship. It was really instinctual to be honest, although not an easy decision to vocalise. Also I'm in a very different position now to where I was last year, and it felt right on some level, whereas it never had before. Jason also had a gut level feeling about it and in fact he knew i was pregnant before i even did the test, and it sort of seemed to be a natural part of what was happening.

rest assured though, i am still the cynical type and still believe in the right to choose and i still love my hammies. i haven't gone all soft on ya! Well, not too much anyway lol :)

Summary: hormones.

Lazarus and the Gimp
27-05-2006, 19:47:06
That's not moaning.

Lazarus and the Gimp
27-05-2006, 19:47:36
:nervous:

The Norks
28-05-2006, 12:42:17
Originally posted by Qaj the Fuzzy Love Worm
Summary: hormones.

:) that's about the size of it