PDA

View Full Version : City of Heroes Plaer Vs Player is LIVE!

HelloKitty
05-05-2005, 10:17:12
Logged on tonight and I have to say, that game was made for super hero pvp.

Went right to the arena with my Illusion/radiation transvestite controller and had a blast.

The combat is instanced and you can pick from a ton of situations. The match lasts a set time or until you own the other team so bad they quit. When you die you respawn somewhere else int he zone and keep going.

Played 5 one on one matches, and 5 6-8 person matches.

8 free for all super heroes in an abandoned warehouse is insane. The AE blaster was cleaning up since he was just nailing the kill shots anytime any of usweakened somene else.

Tactics play a big role. If you charge ina nd have no idea how to use your powers and the 3-d world, you are going to get slaughered.

Case in point the match I just left where we did 3 on 3. They had a lvl 37 scrapper, a lvl 36 Ice controller/healer, and a lvl 36 FF/psychic blast defender.

We had me, 33 controller, a 34 blaster, and a 33 scrapper. They should have wiped the floor with us.

Final score, my team 58 kills. Their team 1 kill (they all ganged up on me for about 15 of the 30 min bout mistakingly thinking I was doing massive daamge with my illusions, while our blaster hovored above them and and sniped them.

Travel powers make a huge difference here as well. I have super speed and super jump so I can be everywhere.

Lots of fun.

Great MMO week. SWG Cu comes out which made PVP great fun again, and COH PVP comes out.

King_Ghidra
05-05-2005, 11:38:11
My SG has been doing lots of play on the test servers for a while now, but most of them have been doing a lot of respeccing to get pvp builds that they like.

The power rebalancing is giving everyone headaches, but yeah it does sound like a lot of fun. My highest char is only a 27 tanker so how much i will be able to get out of it yet i don't know.

HelloKitty
05-05-2005, 15:24:55
Well you would be able to fight anyone lvl 31 and below. If you get on a team that is sel to a lower wgt class it just drops your level like you are mentoring.

MDA
05-05-2005, 20:18:01
SG = Super Ghidra?

Shining1
07-05-2005, 03:17:29
Hehe. Not to mention Guildwars. MMO PvP is definitely here. =)

King_Ghidra
10-05-2005, 11:14:27
PvP this guy, i dare you

http://www.plexigrass.com/singsangsong.jpg

Shining1
10-05-2005, 22:05:36
My goodness...

DaShi
11-05-2005, 08:53:59
The creator of that character is clearly not Chinese. The English is too good. :)