PDA

View Full Version : Napoleon Dynamite

sleeping_satsuma
02-05-2005, 01:47:49
No one has posted on this so far (that I can find)

If you haven't seen it so far, I recommend it. As DH sagely pointed out 'nothing actually happens', but that's the whole charm of the film- its all about this guy and his day to day existence and his weirdness. STuff does happen actually, his life progresses, but its not an action thriller. I laughed at loads of things in the film, it has many nice little observations about the characters, and is very watchable if you can deal with how slow it is to start. The Jamiroquai scene is worth the price of renting a DVD alone. In fact his face is worth the price of the dvd- the guy is not only weird looking but his mannerisms and expressions are fantastic.

I think if you like character portrait films as opposed to heavily plot led films, you'll enjoy this one. Rent it!!

JM^3
02-05-2005, 03:02:01
I liked it a lot

more the second time

reminded me of highschool

JM

Sir Penguin
02-05-2005, 04:06:01
Yeah, me too. :lol:

And Deb was cute.

SP

Funko
11-05-2005, 10:46:51
Funnily enough Tizzy and I found this in the house last night and watched it.

It took me a while to 'get' what was going on but as it went on I really liked it. Nothing does happen, probably worth another watch really.

King_Ghidra
11-05-2005, 11:01:21
Shell and i watched this a couple of weeks back. I thought it was great but i don't think shell was quite so into it, although we both laughed at most of it.

Definitely some very repeatable moment and concepts. The 'time machine' bit was hysterical, i was crying with laughter.

sleeping_satsuma
12-05-2005, 00:01:03
'it does so work Napoleon- you don't even know!'