PDA

View Full Version : Armageddon!

Greg W
20-04-2005, 02:15:22
Just for those who missed it in the other thread:

For anyone after a good laugh (http://www.eddiecanuck.com/old/humor/armageddon.mp3).

NSFW, but damned funny. :lol:

DevilsH@lo
20-04-2005, 02:17:10
do you remember the Paul Hogan show? Me and my brother used to wet ourselves laughing at that.........then there was no Australian comedy (Neighbours aside) for years untiol recently when we got Skithouse and that weird one about the two women

Greg W
20-04-2005, 02:18:33
Hell yeah. Hoges was damned funny. There were lots of Australian comedy shows, they obviously just never made it over there. The Comedy Company wasn't bad.

DevilsH@lo
20-04-2005, 02:23:25
We tend to pick up more the American stuffhere. I like Australian humour- its always quite surreal compared to our stuff. Love Aussie films. We used to be forced to watch the Sullivans and the Henderson Kids when we wre young, so I think we were twisted at a young age ;)

I must go to Oz one day....I keep thinking about it recently and everywhere I go I keep bumping into aussies or seeing tourist promotions etc (not sure if thats because i'm looking for them or noticing them more). I've got relatives over there somewhere, Perth I think....should probably take advantage before they die lol

Qaj the Fuzzy Love Worm
20-04-2005, 06:20:33
Greg, are you kidding, The Comedy Company? Are you insane? Comedy Company was bollocks!

Now, the Shaun Micallef Show was prime grade-A material. That man is FUNNY. Fast Forward was funny once Vizard left. Just about anything the D-Generation did was funny, and Denton had his moments. But the Comedy Company? Kylie Mole? Con the Fruiterer?? One or two sketch wonders that were stretched out over seasons. The only good thing out of that was Glenn Robbins "Uncle Arthur", and even that got old after a while.

Oh! Some of the CC crew went on to do Let the Blood Run Free which totally appealed to my teenage sensibilities at the time, and would probably go across really well to the CG crowd, being full of terrible puns, sight gags, crude bodily and black humor. Great stuff.