PDA

View Full Version : Tevelision


DevilsH@lo
17-04-2005, 19:12:19
Devilsh@lo we need a new television for the bedroom. I don't agree with them but I just went downstairs to watch Doctor Who and the French's boyfriend (who I thought had left) was down there watching tv so I couldnt even watch doctor who in my own house

ARRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cruddy
17-04-2005, 19:15:57
Alternatively - a digital card in your PC, so you can record your programmes and watch at leisure.

Last time I looked, PC-World had them in for 50 quid. Which is pretty good.

You could get an analogue card for even less, but they'll probably cut the signal in a couple of years.

DevilsH@lo
17-04-2005, 19:18:18
I think we looked into that but there was a reason why we couldnt do it.....Devilsh@lo why haven't we done this? Is it because we dont have a downstairs PC?

Tizzy
17-04-2005, 19:18:56
TV in the bedroom is great.
Nothing like tucking yourself up in bed and watching a late film, or not bothering to get up till Saturday Kitchen's finished (at which point you only get up cos you're hungry!) :D

DevilsH@lo
17-04-2005, 19:22:44
yeah, I just didnt wantto be one of those couples who sat and watched tv in bed instead of shagging. Bed is a place of rest and TV tends to upset the balance a bit for me. DH would love it though- one hand on the remote and one on the norks, while watching fishing programmes or Top Gear. Thats like his idea of heaven. Just add coffee and indoor smoking.

Cruddy
17-04-2005, 19:23:07
Originally posted by DevilsH@lo
I think we looked into that but there was a reason why we couldnt do it.....Devilsh@lo why haven't we done this? Is it because we dont have a downstairs PC?

Yes, but if you get a TV in the bedroom it's still going to need an aerial of some kind. So will a TV card.

Difference is, you can record with a TV card. Hell, you can pick up analogue ones on Ebay for a quid.

If you had a downstairs PC and split the aerial down there, the reception quality will drop.

Altnatively; tell your lodger's boyfriend; "You still here? Why? Fuck off now!"

Repeat until he goes.

DevilsH@lo
17-04-2005, 19:25:23
I understood the bit about the boyfriend. :D

DH is the technical genius of the household.

DevilsH@lo
17-04-2005, 19:31:01
We use a D-Box 2 as used in germany to get our TV it is networkable and can use the pc to record, but i need to run the cat 5 in or dick about trying to get the wireless to work, and even then i wouldn't be able to record a programme that wasn't being watched, would need 2 decoders for that.
I could run a cable into the bedroom, but it enters the house at the front and our bedroom is at the back.

It's your tv turn the fucking thing over.

protein
17-04-2005, 19:31:32
Originally posted by Tizzy
or not bothering to get up till Saturday Kitchen's finished (at which point you only get up cos you're hungry!) :D

Oh my god. Every Saturday like clockwork.

Glad I'm not the only one.

I have to change channel if Delia is on though.

DevilsH@lo
17-04-2005, 22:04:29
Originally posted by DevilsH@lo
We use a D-Box 2 as used in germany to get our TV it is networkable and can use the pc to record, but i need to run the cat 5 in or dick about trying to get the wireless to work, and even then i wouldn't be able to record a programme that wasn't being watched, would need 2 decoders for that.
I could run a cable into the bedroom, but it enters the house at the front and our bedroom is at the back.

It's your tv turn the fucking thing over.

yeah its my house too but the French's boyfriend is still living here free after 9 days. He'd better be gone by the time I get back tomorrow, or I will be very annoyed indeed.

MOBIUS
17-04-2005, 22:08:04
You missed Dr Who cos some frog squatter was watching your TV, talk about making him feel comfortable - no wonder he stayed 9 days...:rolleyes:

DevilsH@lo
17-04-2005, 22:09:34
i have guilt issues.

Provost Harrison
17-04-2005, 22:16:03
Are you schizophrenic Devilsh@lo? ;)

As I say, it's eviction time in the Big Devilsh@lo house ;)

Lazarus and the Gimp
17-04-2005, 22:26:28
I've got a TV in the bedroom, but it's only ever used by the anklebiter to watch "Pingu" while her parents try to sleep on.

DevilsH@lo
18-04-2005, 00:32:06
if we get a bedroom tv it will be used for porn and top gear only.

Oerdin
18-04-2005, 01:05:52
Doesn't sound so bad.

DevilsH@lo
18-04-2005, 01:16:22
especially as top gear IS porn in DH's eyes.

MOBIUS
18-04-2005, 01:21:25
Is that his substitute for when you're not around - or vice versa...:D

DevilsH@lo
18-04-2005, 01:53:28
I live on base for the working week, NO CABLE!!!!

She moans about Top Gear and Fishing Programmes, but really i think she likes the respite, means i leave the chebs alone for 30 minute to and hour, depending on the programme.

TV4Fun
18-04-2005, 05:01:18
I've got a TV in the bedroom. It's a lot of fun.

Japher
18-04-2005, 07:19:48
I don't approve of a tv in the bedroom

period

if you can't watch porn in your own living room then the world must have ended

Gary
18-04-2005, 08:07:13
For those with Freeview, Dr. Who is repeated on the Sunday, on BBC 3, 7pm.

Funko
18-04-2005, 10:19:26
Was a great Dr. Who this weekend...

Beta1
18-04-2005, 10:50:08
yeah very good.

TV4Fun
18-04-2005, 18:15:34
Originally posted by Japher
I don't approve of a tv in the bedroom

period

if you can't watch porn in your own living room then the world must have ended That's what computers are for, anyway.