PDA

View Full Version : It's that time again

JM^3
11-04-2005, 18:42:18
I think I can afford to make an Amazon purchse now

that means movies, series, and books

so basically I want to know what others think...

- Iron Council by China Melville, I like other books by him set in this work

- Manna From Heaven by Zelazny, I am a big fan of his and have a lot of his short stories and fiction (like Lords of Light and the Amber series)

- This Immortal by Zelazny, not sure if I have read this

- The Dream Master by Zelazny, not sure if I have read this

- Jack of Shadows by Zelazny, have read this, liked it

- Creatures of Light and Darkness by Zelazny, haven't read it

there is also a lot of other books by Zelazny that I might like (I have liked everything that he has written by himself (the group writing I have genreally not been as fond of))

- Forty Thousand in Gehenna by Cherryh, I love Cherryh but haven't read this

- Cuckoo's Egg by Cherryh, I love Cherryh, but haven't read this

- A Feast for Crows by Martin, isn't out yet apparently, I have been waiting a long time for this

- A Deepness in the Sky by Vinge, I really liked this

- A Fire Upon The Deep by Vinge, I really liked this

I would like some other books also, ones that are good and that I haven't read before, also I would be interested in a nonsci fi lit book or two (I use to enjoy them, would like to get back to that)

I am also thinking of buying the Trigun and Cowboy Bebop DvD series.. but this seems like a lot of money (and I have already seen them)

movies and TV series are hard for me to buy, because I don't think they are worth buying unless I watch them again, and they are expensice, and it is hard to think it is worth buying if I have already seen it (And is too risky if I haven't)

Jon Miller

Lazarus and the Gimp
11-04-2005, 19:39:39
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/202-4107045-9023847

If you can cope with the strange, degenerate English, that is. But hey! You're Jnjm Miltretf!

Seriously, it's probably my favourite book of all.

JM^3
11-04-2005, 19:44:35
hmm

that link doesn't work

could you post the title?

JM

Lazarus and the Gimp
11-04-2005, 20:00:14
"Riddley Walker" by Russell Hoban.

JM^3
11-04-2005, 21:54:50
looks interesting, I will pick it up

JM

Funko
12-04-2005, 09:04:19
Oooh... I didn't know China Mieville had a new one out. He's great.

jsorense
13-04-2005, 23:51:16
I have never read anything by Mieville, what is a good (great0 introduction to his stuff?

Funko
14-04-2005, 09:09:33
Perdido Street Station - he has two* 'New Crobuzon' novels which whilst completely different stories do follow each other chronologically, that's the first. That was a Hugo nominee I think... was critically very well recieved and it is excellent.

I've not read his first one King Rat... He's very good. Very imaginative, interesting and human with it.

*Ok, Iron Council seems to be the third New Crobuzon novel but I haven't read that.

jsorense
14-04-2005, 21:17:10
Thanks Jack. :coolgrin: