Christoph
10-04-2005, 21:12:35
Why is there a number 3?

Immortal Wombat
10-04-2005, 21:13:26
number of days?

Cruddy
10-04-2005, 21:15:07
Nah. It's subliminal advertising for Hutchison Telecom.

Christoph
10-04-2005, 21:17:39
Number of balls?

Koshko
10-04-2005, 21:22:19
I was figuring you were going to post a video of all those mourners from all across the World at the funeral that universially booed when they showed Bush on the tv screen.

HelloKitty
10-04-2005, 21:33:16
Originally posted by Koshko
I was figuring you were going to post a video of all those mourners from all across the World at the funeral that universially booed when they showed Bush on the tv screen.

Link?

I have not seen that but it is not unbelievable.

Koshko
10-04-2005, 23:01:50
I don't know ... I thought you might know about it. I've heard of it happening but haven't seen it.

HelloKitty
10-04-2005, 23:09:41
From

Bush defends pope’s legacy
By TOM RAUM
Associated Press

When Bush’s face appeared on giant screen TVs showing the ceremony, many in the crowds outside St. Peter’s Square booed and whistled.

ABOARD AIR FORCE ONE — President Bush on Friday said that attending the funeral of Pope John Paul II was “one of the highlights of my Presidency” and made clear that he disagrees with former President Clinton’s assessment that the pontiff leaves a mixed legacy.

“I think John Paul II will have a clear legacy of peace, compassion and a strong legacy of setting a clear moral tone,” Bush told reporters on Air Force One as he flew from Rome to the United States just hours after the funeral. He said he wanted to amend his remarks to add the word “excellent.”

“It was a strong legacy,” the president said. “I wanted to make sure there was a proper adjective to the legacy he left behind, not just the word clear.”

Bush, the first U.S. president to attend a papal funeral, led a U.S. delegation to the 2 1/2-hour funeral Mass that included his wife, Laura, his father, former President Bush, former President Clinton and Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice. Clinton, on the flight to Rome earlier this week, had said that John Paul “may have had a mixed legacy,” but he called him a man with a great feel for human dignity.

“There will be debates about him. But on balance, he was a man of God, he was a consistent person, he did what he thought was right,” Clinton said. “That’s about all you can ask of anybody.”

Bush spoke with reporters in the conference room of his plane. “I’m really glad I came,” he said. “There was never any question I would come.”

Bush talked about his time in Rome in extraordinarily personal terms, saying it strengthened his own belief in a “living God.”

He remarked on how affected he was by the services, particularly the music and the sight of the plain casket being carried out with the sun pouring down on it. As he viewed the pope’s body, Bush said, he felt “very much at peace” and “much more in touch with his spirit.”

“I knew the ceremony today would be majestic but I didn’t realize how moved I would be by the service itself,” the president said. “Today’s ceremony, I bet you, was a reaffirmation for millions.”

That was true for him, Bush said.

“No doubt in my mind the Lord Christ was sent by the Almighty,” Bush said. “No doubt.”

Bush said attending the funeral mass reminded him that faith is a long-term process, using a description of religious life common to evangelicals. “Faith — it’s a walk, not a moment, not a respite,” he said.

Bush was close to the front of the section reserved for world leaders, who were seated in alphabetical order — in French. The United States in French is Etats-Unis. A parallel section seated Catholic leaders. Bush sat on the aisle in the second row, next to his wife. Beside them were French President Jacques Chirac and his wife, Bernadette. The two presidents shook hands.

When Bush’s face appeared on giant screen TVs showing the ceremony, many in the crowds outside St. Peter’s Square booed and whistled.

Bush rode to Vatican City in a limousine displaying two flags, the customary American flag on the right fender and, as a tribute to the pope, the white and yellow Vatican banner on the left. He left Rome immediately after the service.

The president also was taping his weekly radio address focused on the pope’s life and legacy.

Bush was spending the weekend on his ranch in Crawford, Texas. His father accompanied him back aboard Air Force One, but Clinton took a backup Air Force plane back to the states.

On Thursday, Bush — eager to remain out of the limelight and keep the focus on the pope — met privately with Italian leaders and U.S. Catholic leaders in town for the funeral. He arrived in Rome late Wednesday.

Apparently the conservative biased US media is claiming that the mourners were booing the police there.

Not much on it, not suprising at all though.

protein
10-04-2005, 23:19:17
“No doubt in my mind the Lord Christ was sent by the Almighty,” Bush said. “No doubt.”

*shudder

Koshko
10-04-2005, 23:25:30
Originally posted by HelloKitty

Apparently the conservative biased US media is claiming that the mourners were booing the police there.

Not much on it, not suprising at all though.

I didn't notice the media even talking about it in the first place.

HelloKitty
10-04-2005, 23:30:51
I was just giving Chris and DS something to rant about.

Qaj the Fuzzy Love Worm
11-04-2005, 00:19:39
ABOARD AIR FORCE ONE — President Bush on Friday said that attending the funeral of Pope John Paul II was “one of the highlights of my Presidency”

"In fact, I'd go so far to say that every President should have a Pope die while they're in office. It really is top-class. Two thumbs up!"

The Mad Monk
11-04-2005, 00:39:59
Originally posted by protein
*shudder

Bigot.

JM^3
11-04-2005, 00:53:16
Originally posted by protein
*shudder

remember to shudder if you ever meet me

JOn Miller

mr.G
11-04-2005, 01:02:01
di

HelloKitty
11-04-2005, 03:49:55
Originally posted by Qaj the Fuzzy Love Worm
"In fact, I'd go so far to say that every President should have a Pope die while they're in office. It really is top-class. Two thumbs up!"

Naturally. Didn't the Pope think he was the Anti-christ a few years back?

Now Bush can get on with the rest of setting the world up for the rapture.

MDA
11-04-2005, 15:38:05
“There will be debates about him. But on balance, he was a man of God, he was a consistent person, he did what he thought was right,” Clinton said. “That’s about all you can ask of anybody.”

...jamming that cigar in my intern's crotch was the right thing to do, and I did it consistently!

MDA
11-04-2005, 15:41:52
Originally posted by Christoph
Why is there a number 3?

http://www.daleearnhardt.net/

I'm assuming non-US rednecks don't know him.

HelloKitty
11-04-2005, 15:44:41
Nothing wrong with jamming tobacco products into hefty girls.

Beta1
11-04-2005, 15:45:41
i think thats just about as good a complement as you can give someone.

"he did what he thought was right, that’s about all you can ask of anybody"

simple and to the point. Better than all that waffling about reaffirming this and that.

Isn't Bush a born again protestant though? Whats he doing taking mass with the heretics :lol:

MDA
11-04-2005, 15:55:46
When you get right down to it, we're all on the same team.

They had Greek/Byzantine priests speak at the funeral/memorial service, IIRC.

The Southern religions do make me uneasy though. Especially the ones involving snakes.

Oerdin
11-04-2005, 16:13:14
I love how they got Terri Shiavo in the smoke stack.

MoSe
11-04-2005, 16:47:06
Excuse me if I'm dense, but:
does the eagle symbolise america, mourning for the missing ones depicted below...
...or did I miss the exctinction of bald eagle too, in all this meanwhile????