PDA

View Full Version : Cool Robotics Page!

Darkstar
08-04-2005, 20:53:43
http://ants.gsfc.nasa.gov/tetcontrol.html

Some very cool walking rover movies. This project has already gotten a demonstration simple walking version up and running.

Click the movies on the right. They are demonstrations of how the rovers will work.

chagarra
09-04-2005, 05:21:23
Unfortunately the large,(human), sized demo I saw needed a hand ocassionally to make it function.

Qaj the Fuzzy Love Worm
09-04-2005, 05:36:18
Only got some of the movies to work at work. Quicktime demanded a plug-in which was corrupt every time I DLed it. Stupid Quicktime.

EDIT: Got it working at home, hurrah! Still complains I don't have some plug-in or other, but I can see the movies. Any idea what they're going to make the adjustable struts out of? Unless these things are really tiny (and with the prefix of nano, I would guess they are) struts that can stretch/shrink that much wouldn't have much structural strength.

Looks like a neat concept to be, but I don't see how useful or autonomous they could be at our current level of development.

Cruddy
09-04-2005, 06:04:43
How about nano-muscles? Supposed to support up to 70 times their own weight.

Darkstar
15-04-2005, 07:39:35
Carbon nanotubes is what I saw listed.

Yeah, at work, it demanded I add in more Quick Time garbage, I didn't add that in, and it played fine for me.