PDA

View Full Version : A school shooting prevented

Darkstar
05-04-2005, 19:34:43
This is being reported as a school shooting nipped in the bud. New details leaked are: A 14 year old and a 15 year old were alledgedly planning on killing the principle and everyone else they didn't like at their school.

Simple story at:
http://www.wvnn.com/News/NX,,0,1,769.html

It is currently being spun by the local media that they were planning to go "full Columbine". However, that is probably just yellow journalism, as I doubt the full details have been discovered and released at this time.

MDA
05-04-2005, 20:36:21
Society would fall apart if we sacrificed our principles.

Darkstar
05-04-2005, 20:38:16
Picking on my spelling. Well, thanks for the pity post, MDA. ;)

MDA
05-04-2005, 20:39:39
:beer: I helped!

Darkstar
05-04-2005, 20:40:57
You did it! :D

Oerdin
05-04-2005, 20:50:19
Kids now days! The little bastards can't even pull off a successful mass killing any more.

Darkstar
05-04-2005, 20:58:50
Man, imagine their embarassment in Juvie!

Asher
05-04-2005, 21:15:22
It's not that uncommon for kids to plan shit like this and not go through with it. It is uncommon for them to get caught.

Darkstar
05-04-2005, 21:34:53
It is uncommon for them to try and buy the guns. It is alledged that these two were trying to buy guns. Silly boys... they just needed enough cash and a small pawn shop. Or a flea market. Or a gun show. Amateurs!

Although, after the Columbine reactionary laws got passed, just making an innocent drawing of a student blasting the brains out of a teacher or principal is enough to get charged with "making terrorist threats" in many local jurisdictions. So far, this doesn't seem like that kind of case, but with modern journalism being what it is...

Darkstar
07-04-2005, 22:30:44
More details:
http://www.wvnn.com/News/NX,,0,1,778.html

Dad says that his son was part of the shooting crew... because he wanted to escape the bullies, and dad wouldn't let him transfer schools. So one way or the other (killing them or getting expelled for trying), his son was determined to get out.

totally unrelated matter:
Kid brings BB gun and drugs to school. Fellow classmate turns him in. School decides they want bad boy charged with "making terrorists threats" (due to having material describing/depicting him hurting teachers), rather then have him charged for the drugs or for bringing a weapon to school. Why? The terrorists charges, if he is convicted, guarantees a minimum of 10 years. They don't want him coming back to school in just a year or two.

I didn't realize that a juvie dealing drugs got out of the pen so soon. I'll need to change over some of my sales staff... ;)

http://www.wvnn.com/News/NX,,0,1,779.html

Damn. My local TV channels really suck. They have totally stopped putting actual news on their news web sites. It's all... baking cookies for the troops, links to "Your Free Money", and ads for advertising on Yahoo or Google or free travel ads. What lazy bastards. Venom, have you started working for them or what?