PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know of a good furry story community?

Darkstar
24-03-2005, 22:22:03
I've had an idea for a SF detective story for a while. But as chimera humans would feature as part of the story, that makes it a "furry" kind of story. I took a look around the net yesterday, and only found furry fapping story spots. Not the sort of places that would appreciate a hack doing a SF "suspensy" kind of thing.

So... Laz what places you got but are too ashamed to bookmark or link directly? What about the rest of your yiffers? My old hack fiction community is dead or moved on, and a lazy attemp to use Google to find a similar spot that won't kill me for having "furable" characters was not immediately apparent in my feeble follow ups.

BigGameHunter
24-03-2005, 22:31:56
That's about the most transparent fish I've seen in a while.

Darkstar
24-03-2005, 22:52:08
It's 100% true.

I've had the story idea for a while. I'd originally envisioned the chimera as AI. However, as AI, it just doesn't quite hang together right (for my tastes).

That chimera news story (mice with human brains) got me to thinking. If I change the AI to chimera, then the basic story hangs together so much cleaner. So I've been slowly mapping the story out (mysteries need more planning then most stories), and investigating if I can find a home for it, if I decide to pursue writing this story. No point writing it if it will only be seen by me. That's too much work time that could be better spent rotting my brain on other things.

I just didn't have a lot of time last night to go hunting for a good home for it. So far, the only places I've found to torture with the story, well... the ones that wouldn't get made about the chimera, would get mad about it having a plot, characterization, and no sex. So, I wonder if someone has a nice link to a fiction friendly place that doesn't ban stories that feature non or partial humans, and that isn't sexually focused... hey, how about sharing it?

chagarra
25-03-2005, 06:04:47
Why not Baen's bar.....

Publishers gotta eat too.. :-)

Lazarus and the Gimp
25-03-2005, 07:46:09
Haven't a clue. Ask Stefu- he knows loads about them.

Lazarus and the Gimp
25-03-2005, 07:53:25
Years ago I found a site dedicated to blood fetishes. Much of it was given over to fiction- invariably really crap vampire fantasies written by people with no discernable ability.

Though I don't have any such fetish, I was intrigued. I wrote a couple of semi-erotic (if you're into that sort of thing) pieces in a vaguely S&M style- but with no actual sex or engorged organs at all. I wanted to make it subtle, totally realistic yet focussed on what goes through a fetishist's mind.

They went completely fucking mental for it. I got scared and left before they started adopting me as a deity or something. Freaks. I'm going to have to try something like that again one day.

Darkstar
26-03-2005, 06:22:04
Thanks!

:lol: Missing the "we are not worthy!" cries, are you?