PDA

View Full Version : My, what big eyes you have...

Asher
11-03-2005, 16:15:53
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/050311/photos_hl_afp/050311133810_uzzeaqbb_photo0&e=5

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/afp/20050311/capt.sge.rzs12.110305133805.photo00.photo.default-384x255.jpg

:gasmaske:

Nills Lagerbaak
11-03-2005, 16:41:50
Thanks, I was having a nice Friday afternoon, fuill of the joys of the impending weekend.

Asher
11-03-2005, 16:45:20
That's why I waited til I saw you were online to post it.

Nills Lagerbaak
11-03-2005, 16:49:52
How kind. I am truly disgusted.

Asher
11-03-2005, 16:55:49
Yet you keep coming back.

Debaser
11-03-2005, 17:07:58
HEY YOU GUYS.....

http://www.theboxset.com/images/reviewcaptures/407capture_goonies04.jpg

(sorry)

King_Ghidra
11-03-2005, 17:23:18
i'm trying to get shell to buy a t-shirt with sloth on it from www.truffleshuffle.co.uk

Debaser
11-03-2005, 17:27:16
That's where I bought my Cobra Kai karate school t-shirt from. And my other Karate Kid t-shirt in fact.

protein
11-03-2005, 17:33:07
That kid looks really surprised to see us.

miester gandertak
11-03-2005, 17:37:47
yaaay yaaaay yaaaaay as if the boy has leaves, blame it on agent orange sooooooooooo easy.
better blame it on agent pink he is sleeping now.

Oerdin
11-03-2005, 17:46:09
It sucks for the children but I support giving them nothing in court. It takes two to tango and the North Vietnamese committed many atrocities thus making the use of a defoliant necessary. Thatís the price they pay for invading another country.

I'd also like to know how they know it is agent orange. It seems to me that every deformed kid in Vietnam is being blamed on the evil Americans when there were deformed kids before Agent Orange and there likely is deformed kids after agent orange.

protein
11-03-2005, 17:47:40
The Vietnamese invaded Vietnam and the Americans just happened to be there?

Oerdin
11-03-2005, 17:50:20
No, the North Vietnamese invaded South Vietnam. The Americans were invited there to help stop the NVA.

miester gandertak
11-03-2005, 17:53:04
yaaaay that's true, they were accidently there in green clothes and all. just for fine writers like *adrian i did it* stallone to write fine filmscripts.

BigGameHunter
15-03-2005, 08:19:32
I thought we were there because those French pussies bailed before the Commie onslaught?

Anyhow, much more importantly, Goonies was filmed here.

Yet more proof that Oregon is the center of the Universe.

Of course, Body of Evidence was filmed here too...kind of a nice counterbalance, dontcha think?

HelloKitty
15-03-2005, 08:40:17
HAHA!

Lets laugh at the horribly deformed and disfigured CHILD who will probably have to go through his short life in pain! Who cares? He probably has near animal intellegence from brain abmnormalities so its just like laughing at a goofy dog on a funniest home video show!!!

I'd also like to know how they know it is agent orange. It seems to me that every deformed kid in Vietnam is being blamed on the evil Americans when there were deformed kids before Agent Orange and there likely is deformed kids after agent orange.

Well, according to the US, Hanoi is lying completely about it. However, the US VA also has a program where US personel exposed to Agent Orange recieve ~25k a year. they have also done studies on children of these men and found that the children only have an increase in "minor" structural birth defects.

i.e. the men who were exposed to it and then away from it for long periods of time are still able to produce deformed offspring.

Considering the blood levels of Dioxin in many regions of Vietnam are more than 200 times the "safe" level and area that were sprayed Hanoi claims have immense birth defect rates, increases spontanious abortiion/miscarriage, and high infant mortality rates obviously means that Hanoi is lying to try to get money from the US.

Oerdin
15-03-2005, 09:36:03
I have no doubt that agent orange causes dioxin posioning and that it causes genetic defects but was the only source of dioxin in the history of the country Agent Orange? Please for give me but communist governments are known for all sorts of dodgy enviromental rules and for putting chemical factories upstream of city drinking water supplies. It would be awefully nice if the Communist Vietnamese government could blame everything on foreigners who were gone 30-35 years ago. I mean it would be embarassing to admit that even part of it was caused by choices the communist government made.

HelloKitty
16-03-2005, 00:33:07
Besides Agent orange the only significant dioxin producer that I know of is through incineration. Municipal waste and medical waste was found to produce huge amounts when burnt years ago and most of the 1st world has changed how it can be done. However, the levels were still nowhere near what woudl be needed to cause the increased levels seen in Vietnam.

Industry such as smelters etc produce very little, in fact the amount produced by auto emmissions are higher on a busy road than for a factory.

Now, certain chemical factories, such as those that produce defoliants like agent orange, produce high levels, but that si part of the product and not waste to be allowed to evaporate or be washed off.

metalhead
16-03-2005, 00:40:15
My ass is producing some pretty toxic gasses at the moment.

Nills Lagerbaak
17-03-2005, 10:43:52
Originally posted by Oerdin
It sucks for the children but I support giving them nothing in court. It takes two to tango and the North Vietnamese committed many atrocities thus making the use of a defoliant necessary. Thatís the price they pay for invading another country.

What does this boy have to do with North Vietnamese atrocities?
Whose country did he invade?

"That's the price they pay for invading another country"

I wonder what similar payment the US will have to make.