PDA

View Full Version : My worst nightmares

sleeping_satsuma
04-03-2005, 01:43:49
materialised tonight when I realised one of the pipes on one of my hamster cages had come loose and said hamster had escaped!!
I spent an hour scouring the downstairs with a reading light and feeling sick with worry in case he had gone out the front door or into the fridge or something, and worrying that he would chew through the house wiring...what was even weirder was that I hadnt seen/heard him running about as normally they make a very obvious scurrying noise and scoot round the room very fast.

In the end, after much shining of lights and tapping of furniture I found him asleep behind one of the bookcases. God knows how he got into the gap between the skirting board and the case, but he couldn't get out because he is a fatty, so he kept sticking his head and front paws out imploringly. I had to move the bookcase, fully loaded, in the end because he wriggled out and got stuck halfway.

Moral of the story: don't keep lots of heavy books near rodent pets.

Interestingly, while I was on the floor inspecting the underside of my sofas I saw that DH had retrieved and presumably eaten a load of jelly beans that had got scattered under there (in the dust and hamster poo) when I dropped a jar of them last week. In fairness, he told me he had, but I thought he was winding me up.

Moral of this story: don't be surprised when sugar addicted man eats shiny objects on floor

:)

self biased
04-03-2005, 05:40:20
my girlfriend is taking care of my pet rat charolette because the other one kept beating the shit out of her. apparently, though, just before she moved out of her parent's house charolette got loose for three days, returning to her cage seeming wanting food.

Lazarus and the Gimp
04-03-2005, 17:36:12
Hamsters are the Cooler Kings of the animal world. They all want to be Steve McQueen.

Rats always come back when they get hungry.

sleeping_satsuma
04-03-2005, 20:00:37
yes- hamsters take supplies with them like tiny Marines whereas other rodents don't have sufficient cheek space so have to come back begging for cheese... :)