PDA

View Full Version : Well done Ken!

Funkodrom
22-02-2005, 12:14:15
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4286633.stm

"Upon a further week of reflection during which I have read everything that has been written in the press about this controversy and after a considerable degree of debate with many Londoners, I have decided to stand by that position.

"There will be therefore no apology or expression of regret to the Daily Mail Group."

He added: "To the Daily Mail group, no one in Britain is less qualified to complain about anti-Semitism.

"In truth, those papers were the leading advocate of anti-Semitism in the country for half a century."

He said that while it is true the Daily Mail has moved on from anti-Semitism, it now targets asylum seekers and Muslims.

"For the Mail group the victims may change but the intolerance, hatred and fear pervade every issue of the papers."

He said over the past two weeks his "main concern" was that many Jewish Londoners have been disturbed by the media coverage.

Well done, stick to your guns. There is nothing to apologise for. :beer:

KrazyHorse@home
22-02-2005, 12:17:28
He was a bit of a douche, but this was the right reaction once he'd made the mistake.

Gary
22-02-2005, 12:22:26
Originally posted by Funkodrom
Well done, stick to your guns. There is nothing to apologise for. Congestion charging, ppp, :cute:

Provost Harrison
22-02-2005, 12:24:06
I think congestion charging is essentially a good idea, PPP is utter bollocks however and just doesn't make a blind bit of sense in real terms...

protein
22-02-2005, 12:24:18
Less pollution and congestion in London? He should be saying "you're welcome".

Funkodrom
22-02-2005, 12:33:03
Absolutely.

Provost Harrison
22-02-2005, 12:34:39
I've found that anyone who wants to drive into London is generally insane. I've done it on a weekend when the rail line has been torn up, but on a weekday at rush hour, it is just pure insanity...

Venom
22-02-2005, 13:10:08
I'm sure this is hilarious, but I'm not going to read it.