PDA

View Full Version : I stand by my comment that Lotus Notes is the biggest POS program ever (long title) !


Asher
21-02-2005, 18:23:52
My God, what a horribly buggy piece of total shit.

I accidentally clicked the "Request Information" button for a scheduled meeting that already took place with my 2nd-line manager, and I can't not-send the message! I need to CTRL-ALT-DEL and kill the process...

zmama
21-02-2005, 18:25:57
ooookay


and zo?

fp
21-02-2005, 18:37:33
This is worse than the goat threads.

sleeping_satsuma
21-02-2005, 18:56:24
i like lotus, i just wish you could flick between windows like on outlook. I look at my bosses calendar and plan my naps over his meetings :D

Asher
21-02-2005, 19:29:48
Hey fp!

You in Korea?

I'm having fun getting Korean employees in trouble for not responding to my emails.

They didn't respond to my first email 2 weeks ago, so last week I sent another email and CCed his manager...still no email. So today I'm CCing his manager's manager as well.

Is it a Korean 2-week Starcraft holiday or something, or do Koreans not work?

Drekkus
21-02-2005, 19:31:33
Lotus Scrotus

Funkodrom
21-02-2005, 21:12:28
If you don't like the notes client you can use Outlook from a domino server. I suspect that working for IBM they won't let you though. :lol:

Originally posted by sleeping_satsuma
i like lotus, i just wish you could flick between windows like on outlook. I look at my bosses calendar and plan my naps over his meetings :D

You can have two windows open and flick between them or have two open side by side or whatever. What is it you can't do? :confused:

fp
22-02-2005, 19:38:00
Originally posted by Asher
Hey fp!

You in Korea?

I'm having fun getting Korean employees in trouble for not responding to my emails.

They didn't respond to my first email 2 weeks ago, so last week I sent another email and CCed his manager...still no email. So today I'm CCing his manager's manager as well.

Is it a Korean 2-week Starcraft holiday or something, or do Koreans not work?

No I'm not in Korea anymore. To be honest they will probably need time to look every word of your email up in dictionary, then totally misunderstand what you're saying, then write a nonsense reply back to you. At least that's how it works with the language schools.

One of my friends who is still teaching out there recently got this email from their boss. This is real. I shit you not.


How are you? I am one which is an example one outside
national language school desk staff. At percentage
which you talks to the last time at the time of Win
green onion mote it sends the photograph.
It was late and the beautiful face estuary bedspread,
when recently in small quantity it is and that the
contract expires, it listened to. Good reminiscence
nine bedspreads which it will make, it is healthy from
hour Korea which remains nine bedspreads.
Always it is happy~!!

fp
22-02-2005, 19:39:43
Oh, they would have had an extended public holiday (3-4 extra days off work) for the start of the Lunar New Year recently. Maybe that explains part of the delay.

JM^3
22-02-2005, 19:40:47
I never liked lotus notes

Jon Miller

Lurker
22-02-2005, 19:41:58
Originally posted by Asher
My God, what a horribly buggy piece of total shit.

I accidentally clicked the "Request Information" button for a scheduled meeting that already took place with my 2nd-line manager, and I can't not-send the message! I need to CTRL-ALT-DEL and kill the process...

I'll grant you I'm the dumbest rube on earth when it comes to fancy computer shit, but couldn't you just hit "cancel?"

Oerdin
22-02-2005, 20:18:25
Originally posted by Asher

Is it a Korean 2-week Starcraft holiday or something, or do Koreans not work?

They work there asses off but the culture tends to be very hierarchical. That means if you aren't in their hierarchy they tend to not care about what you want unless you make them or build a personal relationship with them.

Asher
22-02-2005, 20:42:27
Originally posted by Lurker
I'll grant you I'm the dumbest rube on earth when it comes to fancy computer shit, but couldn't you just hit "cancel?"
It just lets me continue editing, not discard or (gasp) cancel.

Japher
22-02-2005, 20:45:01
If I ever develop an operating system I name it Primordial or something kewl like that, as long as it begins with a P so that ppl would abbreviate it POS

Asher
22-02-2005, 20:45:13
Originally posted by fp
No I'm not in Korea anymore. To be honest they will probably need time to look every word of your email up in dictionary, then totally misunderstand what you're saying, then write a nonsense reply back to you. At least that's how it works with the language schools.

One of my friends who is still teaching out there recently got this email from their boss. This is real. I shit you not.
that's fucking awesome.

Lurker
22-02-2005, 20:45:45
Ahh, I see. That Bill Gates is such a dumb bastard.

Asher
22-02-2005, 20:46:41
Originally posted by Japher
If I ever develop an operating system I name it Primordial or something kewl like that, as long as it begins with a P so that ppl would abbreviate it POS
Personal Operating System.

Or !

Point Of Sales@~!~~@
ROFL

Asher
22-02-2005, 20:47:24
Originally posted by Lurker
Ahh, I see. That Bill Gates is such a dumb bastard.
Bill Gates is responsible for Outlook, Sam Palmisano/Mitch Kapor is responsible for Lotus Notes.

Lazarus and the Gimp
22-02-2005, 20:50:12
Tell me you didn't just bite at that one, Asher.

Venom
22-02-2005, 20:50:51
Lotus Notes is indeed shit in an electric format written on to a hard drive or CDs.

Lazarus and the Gimp
22-02-2005, 20:54:05
It's great for crashing my work PC.

Caligastia
22-02-2005, 20:54:48
At least it's not Groupwise!

Venom
22-02-2005, 20:57:58
Holy shit. Groupwise is the worst program ever written. I was actually happy when I got laid off last year as it meant I didn't have to use that thing any more.

Caligastia
22-02-2005, 21:13:16
Unfortunately our company has bought into it for the forseeable future.

Venom
22-02-2005, 21:15:49
It has the esteemed honor of being one the few programs that no one can argue is better than Outlook. Shit, it's worse than Outlook Express.

Provost Harrison
22-02-2005, 22:56:34
Originally posted by Japher
If I ever develop an operating system I name it Primordial or something kewl like that, as long as it begins with a P so that ppl would abbreviate it POS

Well Windows XP is my primary operating system ;)

sleeping_satsuma
22-02-2005, 23:12:29
Originally posted by Funkodrom
If you don't like the notes client you can use Outlook from a domino server. I suspect that working for IBM they won't let you though. :lol:



You can have two windows open and flick between them or have two open side by side or whatever. What is it you can't do? :confused:

while one thing is opening you cant click on anything else, which sucks

Funkodrom
23-02-2005, 09:47:46
Ah, but when they are both open you can. True, that is shit. It's supposed to be multi-threaded.

Mind you the fact that I can't do anything when I'm running agents in designer does mean that I can use the time to post here. When they fix that in version ND7 I'll have to work more. :(