PDA

View Full Version : Drunken birds

Asher
11-02-2005, 15:48:29
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=817&e=5&u=/ap/drunk_birds

Drunk Birds Crash Into Building's Glass

Fri Feb 11, 7:20 AM ET

COLUMBIA, S.C. - Dozens of birds, drunk from eating holly berries, crashed into the glass of an office building and died earlier this week.

"It was like an Alfred Hitchcock movie," worker Denise Wilkinson said. "It was spooky. You could hear them where they flew into the glass."

Warm weather and an ample supply of berries attracted hundreds of cedar waxwings into the enclosed courtyard of the three-story building Tuesday,

The birds began getting drunk on the berries. They got so loopy that some were falling off branches and others were slamming into the glass walls that enclose the courtyard, said Burgess Mills, the building's owner.

About half of the 100 birds that slammed into the building died, workers said.

Groundskeepers have tried to help the birds by putting tape on windows or nets over the holly trees to keep them from eating the berries, Mills said.

har!

Funkodrom
11-02-2005, 15:50:03
"Drunk Birds Crash Into Building" - the Legendary After Dark.

Debaser
11-02-2005, 15:50:55
Are you talking about Polly's birthday?

Funkodrom
11-02-2005, 15:52:46
I don't remember much about being in the AD on Polly's birthday. Although apparently I was there. What happened?

Vincent
11-02-2005, 15:54:55
Nothing

BigGameHunter
11-02-2005, 15:58:38
Are you one of those blackout drunks, Funky?
I've always wondered why some people black out and others don't.
I've always been of the puke/pass out variety.

Funkodrom
11-02-2005, 16:04:00
No, not really only very rarely. Actually... the time I was thinking of was my birthday not Polly's.

That was the fault of the wine at dinner and going to the bar where my brother works and getting him to make me cocktails. :eek:

Come to think of it I think it's only ever the odd birthday I don't remember what happened.

BigGameHunter
11-02-2005, 16:14:40
Then there's the "I'm so drunk the chair must be the toilet" guys. I've always been amazed at how many drunks I've seen pissing in chairs, or pulling down their pants completely and then falling over and pissing themselves.
We had one guy in our dorm who did that...only problem was, he had gone to the girl's bathroom by accident.
They were nice enough to gather around him en masse, point and laugh and take pictures.

Funkodrom
11-02-2005, 16:15:32
I've never done that! A housemate of mine used to do it all the time.