PDA

View Full Version : Canada, show us the way.

HelloKitty
09-02-2005, 04:40:52
http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/americas/02/08/chretien.scandal.ap/index.html

Why don't we get new leadership after catching our admin doing it 3 times, then promising never to do it again, then the next day releasing info on how the pentagon plans to start doing it worldwide?

The Mad Monk
09-02-2005, 05:45:24
???

HelloKitty
09-02-2005, 05:55:41
Canada used public funds for covert propaganda. Result, major investigation, loss of power, etc.

US regime hires pundit on the sly, gets caught. Repeats, gets caught. One last time, gets caught. Bush says they won't do it anymore. Next day, the news agencies find out the pentagon is going to be creating and running news sites all around the world with controlled information.

KrazyHorse@home
09-02-2005, 06:01:26
The major investigation is due to the misuse of those funds; that they were funnelled back into the pockets of major Liberal party corporate donors.

The fact that a sponsorship program existed is not the basis of the investigation.

Also, sponsorship is not what brought down Chretien. He'd been in for ten years and the chickens were starting to come home to roost.

HelloKitty
09-02-2005, 06:05:07
that they were funnelled back into the pockets of major Liberal party corporate donors.

Ok, same thing happening, different political side.

KrazyHorse@home
09-02-2005, 06:06:37
Yeah, but the use for propaganda purposes is not the major point. The BQ are probably bitching about that, but I doubt the Conservatives will make too much of a squawk about the idea of using public funds to lobby for a stronger Canada.

RedFred
09-02-2005, 06:43:41
"Heavy French accent" :lol: :lol:

He has a heavy accent in both official languages.

KrazyHorse@home
09-02-2005, 06:50:55
In all honesty, it'ws worse in English than in French.

But yeah, the dude has trouble making words come out of his mouth. What he manages to say, though, is often the most brilliant little piece of fuddle duddle you will ever have the opportunity to hear.

None of us will ever forget:

I don't know, a proof is a proof. What kind of a proof is a proof? A proof is a proof and when you have a good proof it's because it's proven

I'm sure...

The Mad Monk
09-02-2005, 07:42:31
Did he write the Mr. Ed theme song?