PDA

View Full Version : Tories leave door open for Archer


fp
06-02-2005, 19:36:44
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4241635.stm


The Conservative party would deal "sympathetically" with any application by disgraced peer Lord Archer to rejoin its ranks, its co-chairman has said.

:lol:


Tory peer Lord Tebbit said he agreed with Dr Fox's view, and said the case should be looked at on its merits.

"After all, he is far from being the worst perjurer in the world," he added.

:lol::lol:

Dyl Ulenspiegel
06-02-2005, 19:57:04
"He has not been seen in the House of Lords since his release from prison in July 2003, although there is nothing in the rules to prevent him from attending. "

:lol:

Provost Harrison
06-02-2005, 20:00:02
He should have been stripped of his peerage. And his skin.

Lazarus and the Gimp
06-02-2005, 20:02:12
Originally posted by Dyl Ulenspiegel
"He has not been seen in the House of Lords since his release from prison in July 2003, although there is nothing in the rules to prevent him from attending. "

:lol:

Right- where's Iain? I feel another anti-Lords rant coming on. I Iain's not around I'll have to go over to Speakeasy to bait the Tories.

Dyl Ulenspiegel
06-02-2005, 20:05:21
It's so traditional, to have a peer who's a corrupt fucktart and convicted felon.

Dyl Ulenspiegel
06-02-2005, 20:06:24
Btw, I've been forced to watch some coverage on the vienna opera ball, and seeing the remains of "nobility" there has hugely increased my sympathy for the guillotine.

zmama
06-02-2005, 20:16:42
They do seem to be stupiding themselves out though

Dyl Ulenspiegel
06-02-2005, 20:25:00
Maybe, but anything speeding up the process is great.

Provost Harrison
06-02-2005, 21:31:37
Amazing though, isn't it? Shows that the Tories are a bunch of crooks. They kick him out for publicity reasons but as soon as the dust settles they invite him back. He'll be in good company in the Tory party I suppose :rolleyes:

Debaser
06-02-2005, 23:20:04
Tory peer Lord Tebbit said he agreed with Dr Fox's view...

...but he considered Simon Cowell's comments to be a little too extreme.

MOBIUS
06-02-2005, 23:37:39
Originally posted by Provost Harrison
Amazing though, isn't it? Shows that the Tories are a bunch of crooks. They kick him out for publicity reasons but as soon as the dust settles they invite him back. He'll be in good company in the Tory party I suppose :rolleyes:

Just like Alastair Campbell (http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/politics/story.jsp?story=608231) :rolleyes:

Provost Harrison
07-02-2005, 01:02:14
Well even Peter fucking Mandelson, despite the blatant arsehole he is keeps getting prominent positions (now somewhere within the EU bureaucracy).

And to think that Archer could have been the Mayor of London :lol:

*End Is Forever*
07-02-2005, 01:22:09
He shouldn't be allowed back. He's a crook.

However, he's a powerful personality and a charmer and he knows how to pull strings. Unfortunately some people get taken in by people like him - just as some in the Labour Party were taken in by another former MP and well-known crook, Robert Maxwell.

I doubt he will be allowed back, though.

Rodgers
07-02-2005, 11:45:36
Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
Right- where's Iain? I feel another anti-Lords rant coming on. I Iain's not around I'll have to go over to Speakeasy to bait the Tories.


:lol:

I think there's only one there really