PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Knight 2 - 28/3/02

Beta1
24-03-2002, 19:51:52
This has probably been posted already...

UK release date is set for 28/3/02

No link 'cos its one of those saw it in EB news items.

Aredhran
25-03-2002, 07:58:18
Scroll down the news on the main page...

http://www.lucasarts.com/products/outcast/html/default.htm

Jedi Outcast Gone Gold! In Stores March 29!

Nav
25-03-2002, 14:12:33
I'm tempted to get this!

Aredhran
26-03-2002, 11:18:31
Like I posted elsewhere, I've pre-ordered it ! Can't wait :shoot:

Fistandantilus
26-03-2002, 11:58:20
Are you going to review it for us then? :D

I loved the original JK but I didn't particularly like the expansion. Without those breathtaking movies between the missions it wasn't the same...

Aredhran
26-03-2002, 12:05:14
I'll do it if I have the time and can be bothered stop playing the game, get off my lazy ass and actually write the review :p

Yeah, the expansion sucked. And the way they redid the Force was bad IMO.

Fistandantilus
26-03-2002, 12:11:05
And the way they redid the Force was bad IMO.

Absolutly true.

MDA
26-03-2002, 15:58:53
I don't know how many times I picked up that expansion and put it back down on the shelf. Sounds like I made the right decision.

How was the force "redone" in the expansion?

Nav
28-03-2002, 15:03:19
Gonna attempt to sneak out of work early to play JK2................. :nervous:

MDA
28-03-2002, 16:40:40
I won't get to play until Monday, I'd guess.

Corwin
31-03-2002, 17:26:17
I have played it. Lots of fun. Pretty difficult, too. Although I am not a FPS expert, so some of you may find it easier. I am playing it on the "Jedi" level (default.)

There are two things that do bug me.
1. Explosive weapons seem to have a low blast radius.
2. There is no mapping feature, which can be a pain at times.

But these are small problems. I will go back to playing it as soon as I finish here.

Nav
01-04-2002, 01:14:30
Having a great time with this. Nothing better than shooting Storm Troopers... and the Light Saber is just cool! :D

Some of the puzzles in the earlier levels where a little bit too obsure..

Venom
01-04-2002, 03:55:27
My friends been out of town so I've been playing his copy. Pretty cool. I'm only on the second board. I'm a little lost right now.

MDA
01-04-2002, 14:38:49
Squeezed in an hour or two last night - had to sit with game manual and cd all weekend, but no computer. :bash: Fortunately, there was beer, a fireplace, a hot tub, and a pleasant lack of neighbors.:beer:

I agree the detonator blast radius is too small, and playing on jedi difficulty is plenty difficult for me and my rapidly degrading hand/eye coordination.
I wish I could tell more exactly I'm throwing a thermal detonator, too. Maybe a moving reticle on the floor like I've seen with gas cans in that "car wars on crack" PS2 game(can't remember the name, but it was a sweet multiplayer game).

I miss having real actors in the cutscenes, but I can live with it.

Only found one of the two secrets on the first level, and it was an easy one.

The stormtroopers are a little more mobile than in the first game, they don't stand still and fire at you, and a group will try to encircle you. There's a nice ambush on the first level where a door opens to three troopers firing their rifles in secondary/rapid fire mode:eek:

I love secondary fire for the Bryar pistol, its great for taking out turrets before they power up, or one shot assassinations of unaware troopers. I want my light sabre now!

King_Ghidra
05-04-2002, 09:34:23
just played about half an hour of this last night - thought it was excellent. Nice intro, Nice graphics, great sounds, quite tough though. Good AI on the stormtroopers.

I want my lightsaber too!

Guys at work say muliplayer is a real blast.

DaShi
05-04-2002, 12:06:48
Just picked it up myself yesterday. My machine exceeds all the min. requirements but the graphics card which it 8mb. However, everything in the game works fine but the menu screen, which is terribly slow. :(

Nav
05-04-2002, 13:02:00
Never trust minimum specs! always increase that by 50%! :D

Beta1
05-04-2002, 13:07:08
time for a new graphics card!!

Venom
05-04-2002, 15:41:30
I thought it was Miller Time.

MDA
05-04-2002, 17:05:08
Its always Miller time somewhere, perhaps everywhere.

jediknightii.net just went to a register to view format, I think.

The sheer number of popup ads annoys me anyway, I'm not giving them an email addy to spam on top of it.

Nav
05-04-2002, 22:37:46
Just finished. Phew. Maybe the excitement tailed off a bit towards the end, but a greatly enjoyable game all round..

Now i can get my life back in order after spending every spare minute playing the thing... :D

MDA
07-04-2002, 15:10:37
I'm experiencing a nasty bug right after killing Galak, when the ship shudders with explosions, Kyle immediately begins to <sort of> strafe to the right, and appears to be floating about a foot off the ground.

I don't really want to try killing Galak again, but it may come down to trying just that to get past this bug.

Nav
07-04-2002, 15:38:40
Thats not a bug. You have to 'float' your way out of the ship, past the flames and electrical hazards.

MDA
07-04-2002, 21:14:20
I finally figured that one out. Dumb, dumb, dumb.:clueless:

The swamps are a nice change of scenery. The improved force grip is quite a bit of fun. Too bad it stops when your target dies. A proper jedi would continue to bang them off trees and rocks long after they're dead.

DaShi
08-04-2002, 23:09:14
I'm having too much fun playing this game. It is so nostalgic. I love it when I'm shooting storm troopers and the Star Wars theme come up. In case you can't tell, this is my first Star Wars game. :bounce:

No longer Trippin
09-04-2002, 04:22:07
THet didnt' put enoufgh blood in the game..

Aredhran
22-04-2002, 08:38:57
Is there some way, using the disruptor rifle's scope, to zoom OUT ?

Beta1
22-04-2002, 09:07:36
I didnt find one. You dont seem to be able to not fire the gun after charging it either

Aredhran
07-05-2002, 09:39:22
Patch released

http://support.lucasarts.com/patches/jedioutcast.htm

DaShi
07-05-2002, 19:01:44
I've been playing again on Jedi Knight level. The hardest parts are when you have to protect your allies. I must have gone through the surface of the Atrus mine at least fifty times before I killed all the stormies before they killed the prisoners.

Now Lando is giving me a hard time on Nar Shadaa. Just get in the f*cking ship and let me take care of the freaks.

Aredhran
08-05-2002, 08:27:32
My worst problem is that I suck at lightsaber duels.

But you're right about protecting allies. I had a bitch of a time on Bespin when you have to get a R5 droid across a hallway packed with trip mines every few meters, and enemies shooting at you from a distance.

I ended up using Force push/pull to keep the little sucker away from the mines while I was blowing them up.

So far my favorite combat scene was at the end of that level (just before you meet with the Jedi bitch), when you go down an elevator to find yourself facing about 10 imperials. That fight was SO cool, I felt like Obi-Wan in the movies...

Force push on the two bigger groups, then force speed and run across the room, hacking and slashing at the troopers... When I got to the opposite wall, the the officer and one of the sergeants were down, and I turned around to see the stormtroopers beginning to get back up, so I threw the sabre a couple times and cutting down a few more of the soldiers. Then, with my back to the wall, I deflected the laser beams and used grip on the second sergeant and force pull to take the guns from the nearest troopers and finally reactivated speed and did another run mowing down all the remaining enemies.

Awesome ! I love that game.

Venom
08-05-2002, 13:57:03
For some reason I do really well whenever I'm using the lightsaber, other times I suck.

No longer Trippin
10-05-2002, 06:23:44
The first levels suck... without force powers and the lightsaber the game is very fucking lame., but it overall is one of the best FPS's I've bought.

The lightsaber is the best weapon around if you know how to use it and can keep some sort of situational awareness of what enemies are armed with what and where they are. Blaster's don't become a problem with the lightsaber, Fletchette Launchers at close range and a distant second Repeaters; at close range they can really tear you up if you aren't able to block it as your too busy carving up someone else. Learning how to chain saber blows effectively helps as well in crowded situations.

For duels, just look at how an opponent holds his sword. That can tell you what position he is fighting in. Also helps because you know which way the opponent will swing from the fastest and hopefully avoid that side.

Force Speed should be used as often as possible, especially in lightsaber duels. Makes it almost bloody unfair.

Did anybody else notice that force grip pwer 1 should actually be power 2's, and power 2's, power 1's.

I've managed to beat it on Knight level, and now a good bit into it on Master (towards the end of bespin). Trying to only use the blaster pistol and the lightsaber. Succeeding so far, but I'm dreading the swamp because my fucking lightsaber will keep on shutting off. That and I don't know how I'm gonna make the AT-ST mission? On foot for the most of it probably. :(

I found the last level (well second to last, I got bored of all Desson's fucking games in his own level) the best. Lightsaber duels galore and able to chuck missiles back at your opponent (admittedly you could do this before, but it was rare). I guess if you hate the lightsaber, then you'll hate the ending.

Anybody else found the ending entirely fucking predictable (not the mission, but the ending itself).

Venom
10-05-2002, 13:44:27
STUPID ASS SNEAKING AROUDN MISSION!!!!!

That's all I have to say at this time.

Aredhran
10-05-2002, 15:10:43
I read on a site that they released a demo of the game, with a previously unreleased level. But since I'm unable to connect to www.lucasarts.com at this time, I can't give you any further details.

King_Ghidra
10-05-2002, 15:34:54
Originally posted by Venom
STUPID ASS SNEAKING AROUDN MISSION!!!!!

That's all I have to say at this time.

yeah, very annoying at first

Venom
10-05-2002, 17:21:08
I've made it past the initial part and I've cleared out the room with the 3 guys in it. Now I have no idea where to go. I've been up and down that damn elevator 1000 times.

I still say I can take all those bastards in a fight too.

Fistandantilus
10-05-2002, 18:21:13
I didn't reach that point yet but going up and down an elevetor a thousand times without finding the way out doesn't sound exciting :eek:

Venom
10-05-2002, 18:28:40
It's not. That's why I haven't played in almost 2 weeks.

The Shaker
10-05-2002, 18:58:42
To be honest i've found it a bit of a let down.

Nav
11-05-2002, 17:18:54
Originally posted by Aredhran
I read on a site that they released a demo of the game, with a previously unreleased level. But since I'm unable to connect to www.lucasarts.com at this time, I can't give you any further details. You could check the frontpage... :rolleyes:

DaShi
12-05-2002, 22:44:12
Originally posted by The Shaker
To be honest i've found it a bit of a let down.

Blasphemy! ;)

The lightsaber is great, once I get I never use the other guns except in special circumstances: disrupter duals on Nar Shadaa, taking out turrets, or very long range attacks (w/ disrupter).

Multiplayer lightsaber duals are hard because force speed doesn't slow every thing down. I can beat Skywalker, but Desaan has been a pain. I'm begining to think that the dark side got the better deal on the force powers. Force lightning is far too effective against me, and the absorb for health seems better than force heal. In fact, the only really good light side force, is force absorb, which protects you from all the nasty darkside force attacks.

Single player lightsaber duals are much easier, at least on padawan. I remember I easily I dispatched that first shadow trooper. I sat on the highest ledge and waited for him. When he jumped I used force pull and threw him up to the ceiling. He died before he even hit the ground. :D

Now if I can just get past this part with Lando on Nar Shadaa. Since I installed the patch, Lando now morphs into a pseudo-Rhodian. Which of course, confuses the hell out of me. I must have killed him more than the aliens ever did. :bash:

DaShi
14-05-2002, 17:04:06
Well, I've been forced to cheating to get past the Nar Shadaa launch pad scene. I don't see how it could be done without it on the Jedi Knight level. Lando dies if you look at him funny.

However, I did discover some neat cheat codes in my search.

press ~ and shift to activate the console.

devmapall or helpmeobi 1
will allow cheats

sabercolor X x=green, blue, red, yellow, purple, orange

g_saberrealisticcombat 1
cut off heads, legs, arms, or slice 'em in half ala Darth Maul

thereisnospoon
bullettime

taunt
spin your lightsaber like the Reborn

god
invincibility

setforcex y x=force name y= 1-3

drive_atst
though I don't know how to get out so I don't use it

fly_xwing
very hard to fly and may crash the game

The Shaker
14-05-2002, 19:43:27
Bloody jumping puzzles.

MDA
14-05-2002, 21:01:26
I'm with you on the stupid jumping puzzles. Especially: Step on the floor plate, force run like hell to the too rapidly moving bridge, jump and twist in midair to advance to the next puzzle. :mad:

But the lightsaber made me forget all that.

The Shaker
14-05-2002, 21:08:28
Makes me feel sorry for the poor stormtroopers.
Every morning some poor guy has to press a button, run jump, jump, jump, press button, run back check it it's changed, then go back again and keep going for hours and hours just to get the sodding door to the lavatory open.

Corwin
19-05-2002, 13:57:56
To exit the AT-ST, press jump.

And yeah, that Nar Shadaa launch pad fight is a royal bitch. Took me over half an hour to complete it. Basically, you cannot miss anyone with the lightsaber.

Faster Jedi, Kill Kill!

Venom
20-05-2002, 12:04:32
Originally posted by The Shaker
Makes me feel sorry for the poor stormtroopers.
Every morning some poor guy has to press a button, run jump, jump, jump, press button, run back check it it's changed, then go back again and keep going for hours and hours just to get the sodding door to the lavatory open.

Many, many, many dirty uniforms.