PDA

View Full Version : Airstrike in Darfur

MOBIUS
28-01-2005, 00:50:43
Air strike on Darfur village leaves 100 dead (http://news.independent.co.uk/world/africa/story.jsp?story=605303)

What will it take for the Western World to finally get off its collective arses and stop the genocide that's been slowly smouldering away here since before the Iraqi invasion?:clueless:

(Pssst. Bush - there's OIL in Sudan!:cute: )

Darkstar
28-01-2005, 00:53:03
Answer: Never.

Venom
28-01-2005, 01:04:27
Answer: As soon as cry baby Europe gives its approval. So yeah, never. Because Europes already taken all they can from Africa.

miester gandertak
28-01-2005, 01:08:17
only remaining suppah powuh

Oerdin
28-01-2005, 01:42:02
Western government's don't care about genocide that happens in places where black people live.

MOBIUS
28-01-2005, 01:42:19
Well the US dint need no ay-proval from cry-baby Europe for invadin' EYErak - nosirree!:cigarchewingguntotingtexasrednecktwat:

The resolution of the US House of Representatives - adopted unanimously by 422 votes and 12 abstentions - says the Bush adminstration should call the atrocities in Darfur "by its rightful name: 'genocide'."

It urges the Bush administration to consider "multilateral or even unilateral intervention to prevent genocide should the United Nations Security Council fail to act".

MOBIUS
28-01-2005, 01:47:42
Originally posted by Oerdin
Western government's don't care about genocide that happens in places where black people live.

Yeah, what really pisses me off is all this shit Blair is spewing about doing something about Africa being "a scar on the conscience of the world" (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4211171.stm) on the one hand and totally ignoring the plight in Darfur on the other - what a total and utter cunting hypocrite that two-faced twat is... But there I am stating the obvious...:rolleyes:

Venom
28-01-2005, 03:02:10
Originally posted by MOBIUS
Well the US dint need no ay-proval from cry-baby Europe for invadin' EYErak - nosirree!:cigarchewingguntotingtexasrednecktwat:

Look at the stink you raised about that. Nothing's worth fighting for for you guys.

Won't see any such resolutions out of Europe. You'll just have UN soldiers fucking 13 year old girls.

Dyl Ulenspiegel
28-01-2005, 11:19:09
Cute little troll. Actually, almost tempting...

Funkodrom
28-01-2005, 11:21:16
Originally posted by Venom
Look at the stink you raised about that. Nothing's worth fighting for for you guys.

Won't see any such resolutions out of Europe. You'll just have UN soldiers fucking 13 year old girls.

Iraq's for us?! In what way?

And our soldiers are dying over there for nothing too.

sleeping_satsuma
28-01-2005, 11:32:34
Answer: As soon as cry baby Europe gives its approval. So yeah, never. Because Europes already taken all they can from Africa.

but hang on- America doesnt need Europe's approval apparently, so go right ahead!

sleeping_satsuma
28-01-2005, 11:33:43

yeah, fucking hell, we just sat back and did nothing about Hitler, while you guys waded straight in!

sleeping_satsuma
28-01-2005, 11:35:37
Originally posted by MOBIUS
Yeah, what really pisses me off is all this shit Blair is spewing about doing something about Africa being "a scar on the conscience of the world" (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4211171.stm) on the one hand and totally ignoring the plight in Darfur on the other - what a total and utter cunting hypocrite that two-faced twat is... But there I am stating the obvious...:rolleyes:

its a bit sad when Bono does more for the third world than Blair

Funkodrom
28-01-2005, 11:45:11
Except Blair's doing more for the third world than any British politician in my lifetime, he's bound by international politics which means he can't say whatever he wants whenever he wants like Bono can. With us as chair of the G8 and head of the EU they can do some really good shit this year.

Anyone see the start of the G8 meeting? Blair's plans for 3rd world debt are fantastic. An amazing start! I really liked what Bill Gates had to say too. Basically, he didn't think the US would necessarily go along with all of it, but it'd be great if it did, but if any of the countries could help with the debt reduction then that would rule, he also carried on this line that they all have recently about debt relief being tied to political and social reforms - so the money would actually go to people not to governments/armies etc.

You can't intervene in every conflict in the world. There are horrific things going on in the world, there were in Iraq but like there who's to say our intervention will actually help?

Somalia was a disaster. What makes us think we can fix stuff? It's pure arrogance. We can't afford it and previously we've often - if not always - made things worse.

sleeping_satsuma
28-01-2005, 17:57:04
why is bill gates there? I thought G8 was for politicians?

Venom
28-01-2005, 17:59:43
Maybe he wants to be one of those as well. Government is the ultimate monopoly.

fp
28-01-2005, 18:02:29
Originally posted by Funkodrom
Iraq's for us?! In what way?

He didn't say that it was. To paraphrase, he said that Europe does not consider anything to be worth fighting for.

fp
28-01-2005, 18:07:16
Originally posted by Funkodrom
he also carried on this line that they all have recently about debt relief being tied to political and social reforms - so the money would actually go to people not to governments/armies etc.

That's the rhetoric at least. Call me Mr Cynical, but it sounds more like another attempt to try and foist puppet democracies upon third world dictatorship.

Vincent
28-01-2005, 19:44:45
I heard China is interested I that oil thingy. And who would argue with China

Colon
28-01-2005, 19:46:25
Taiwan would. And the US. And Japan. And India.

Colon
28-01-2005, 19:47:03
Vietnam possibly as well.

fp
29-01-2005, 11:33:45
Originally posted by Colon
Taiwan would. And the US. And Japan. And India.

Ah yes, but they wouldn't really argue with China. They would just give them stern looks across the conference table and wag their fingers in disapproval. Much like everyone else does when the US does anything controversial.