PDA

View Full Version : My computer has a very odd taste in music

Beta1
24-01-2005, 15:56:26
Spent the weekend burning every CD in the house onto the new PC and once I get the laptop setup in the bedroom we should be able to play any CD from almost any room in the flat.

But all our PCs seem to have their own taste in music.

If you set them to shuffle the entire list and play anything out of something like 80 albums that are on the server the one in the dining room always seems to play either the eagles or the levellers while the one in the living room goies straight for ABBA or mark knopfler. And theres only one album from each of them on the list. Its always different tracks but always the same artists.

As long as the laptop in the bedroom doesnt default to barry white I can probably live with it.

Spartak
25-01-2005, 04:16:20
Its probably an artifact of psudo-randomness. They probably calculate "random" numbers from some algorithm related to the hardware and thats why they tend to follow the same pattern all the time.

Resource Consumer
25-01-2005, 10:42:01
Wow - Spartak is now a proper geek :p

Spartak
25-01-2005, 13:16:19
Cheek. I always have been a geek. I'm just not knowledgable enough to pretend in the company here.

BigGameHunter
28-01-2005, 10:53:42
I sort of liked the idea that certain computers preferred specific bands.

I guess geeks are all about ruining people's imaginings, huh? Must be great at parties, you lot.

alsieboo
30-01-2005, 03:05:59
I bet you tell kids santa doesn't exist too, or bore them to death of how it could be possible for him to visit every house in the world before sunrise