fp
24-01-2005, 08:22:28
Sex In The Suburbs?

Funkodrom
24-01-2005, 10:04:08
It's brilliant.

sleeping_satsuma
24-01-2005, 13:20:42
I love it, especially Teri Hatcher who will on day be my wife...sigh.... :that heart face smilie thing:

fp
24-01-2005, 13:50:26
They're real, and they're spectacular.

Venom
24-01-2005, 13:54:00
It is for women and gays, as protein and Funko confirm, but Eva Longoria is hot.

Funkodrom
24-01-2005, 14:00:10
protein?

fp
24-01-2005, 14:04:20
The satsumas look a lot like Mr.Tickle. I've confused the two of them on more than one occasion.

Venom
24-01-2005, 14:07:47
Originally posted by Funkodrom
protein?

I've decided to make them one super, annoying, always wrong person.

Funkodrom
24-01-2005, 14:10:28
Always wrong and always disagreeing!

sleeping_satsuma
24-01-2005, 14:11:12
yeah...because stasumas have long bendy arms that tickle you at distance

:can't believe how dumb some people are smilie:

sleeping_satsuma
24-01-2005, 14:11:47
and satsumas lol

:does dumb people smilie at self:

alsieboo
26-01-2005, 17:25:12
Love it. Everyone I know loves it.

fp
26-01-2005, 17:28:42
But you're both a lady and gay, so that's hardly surprising. ;)

sleeping_satsuma
26-01-2005, 21:15:50
she isnt gay is she?

I feel cheated!

Darkstar
26-01-2005, 23:20:42
She's not gay. She definately likes the guys. Stick around... we are about due for another break up between her and someone, and for them to air it all out on the forum. ;)

So, she might be bi, but certainly not gay.

alsieboo
26-01-2005, 23:31:03
:hmm: You know something I don't about my love life? :p

Darkstar
27-01-2005, 00:03:53
Not in the slightest. But the forum is due for another soap opera, and as everyone else are just Keith AEs, that only leaves you to have a real life. ;)

alsieboo
27-01-2005, 00:05:34
what happened to Joel anyway? Did he finally become that bus driver?

Darkstar
27-01-2005, 00:09:10
I don't know. Le's ask him. Hey Brother Greg! Did Joel ever give you the KG treatment?

protein
27-01-2005, 01:14:18
Wait a minute Mr Venom. I voted "women and gays" because I hate soap operas with a passion. Infact I hate most TV unless it's comedy or factual. Are you one of these men that likes watching women's tv?

Debaser
27-01-2005, 01:28:31
It isn't a soap opera, and it is quite funny. Did you like American Beauty? It's basically like that. It's fucking amazingly cleverly filmed, with really high production values, but not in a showy way. If you haven't seen it give it a chance, it's classy as fuck.

MOBIUS
27-01-2005, 01:38:44
I have to admit that I too am now a fan...

protein
27-01-2005, 01:53:44
I probably would like it but I just can't get into tv series unless it's really funny. American Beauty was great for two hours but I couldn't keep watching bits of it for half an hour a week.

I watched Six Feet Under a couple of times and quite liked that but by the third episode you kind of get the idea.

Darkstar
27-01-2005, 02:06:59
It is a soap opera, Debaser. It's just a weekly, instead of a daily.

It's still in the sytle of Dynasty and Falcon Crest and the rest. A weekly soap opera. They've just added in a bit more humor. So it's really Dynasty meets Soap.

Debaser
27-01-2005, 02:17:23
Er, actually it isn't. A "soap opera" is something like Sunset Beach, or Eastenders, something that runs indefinately into the future. Desperate Housewives on the other hand is a "series", it has a finite number of episodes per "season", then it takes a break. Then maybe it comes back, maybe it doesn't. Yes, it shares some characteristics with soap operas, for example it's about people interacting with eachother, but I think you'll find that if that was the definition of "soap opera" then, WOAH!, 100% of all fictional television would be soap opera's, and that isn't exactly the case is it?

Venom
27-01-2005, 02:45:46
See. Protein and Debaser should just become one person.

Darkstar
27-01-2005, 03:07:04
Debaser, it's a "Evening Soap Opera". That's how they are marketted here in the states. It isn't "24". It is marketed as humorous "Dynasty". Dynasty was an "evening soap opera". That's according to the producers. So you should take your argument with them on the DH boards. Do tell them that they aren't making a soap opera. Merely a serial dramatic comedy.
:rolleyes:

Funkodrom
27-01-2005, 09:09:14
In that case it's a language difference. Because it isn't a soap operas it isn't marketed as such here. Dynasty was because it was a soap opera. This is basically a comedy drama. Maybe the US market needs it to be marketed as such to get viewers. *shrug*

I don't see why, on your definition, 24 isn't a soap opera on the same basis?

Anyway, yes, it's a very good show. Funny, clever, well acted, high production values as Debaser said.

It does feature women heavily in the main parts so I suppose that means it's for girls or gays. :rolleyes:

Anyway, if you can get over any predjudice about that it's well worth watching.

Funkodrom
27-01-2005, 09:10:14
Darkstar would you class Six Feet Under as a soap opera? I think that was the show Channel 4 last had in that new US Drama slot in the schedule.

That was really good too.

Venom
27-01-2005, 15:02:15
But you're gay, so of course you'd like it.

Funkodrom
27-01-2005, 15:07:34
I'm comfortable with my feminine side, you're sexually repressed.

Venom
27-01-2005, 15:19:37
No, I'm sexually retarded.

Funkodrom
27-01-2005, 15:20:39
You're both but you're too retarded to know you're repressed.

Venom
27-01-2005, 15:36:54
If only there was a cure for retardedness I could understand that.

King_Ghidra
27-01-2005, 15:43:50
there is a cure for retardedness but it precludes subsequent thought

Venom
27-01-2005, 16:40:16
Riiiiight.

Funkodrom
27-01-2005, 16:43:28
He means death el-Retardo.

Venom
27-01-2005, 16:54:50
So he's an atheist?

Funkodrom
27-01-2005, 16:57:31
Who isn't these days?

Venom
27-01-2005, 17:49:32
Apparently your whole island of godless animal fuckers.

Darkstar
27-01-2005, 20:41:28
I've never watched "6 Feet Under". But it is marketted as a dark soap opera over here... more humor then the Sopranos. Indeed, it is marketted as a more gothy version of DH now.

Let me get this straight... Dynasty was a soap opera, but Desperate House Wives isn't? They are the same thing. Just a bit more Soap tossed into DH.

DH isn't that good, because its trying to be all plots to all people. Murder mystery, serial murderer being tracked down, hot slut chasing any available man-plug for her happy hole, Mrs. Perfect betrayed and getting her revenge (Two flavors... Martha Stewart and retired Bored Retired Nympho SuperModel). The majority of the time, I'm yawning through the show. It is still wallowing around, deciding its final flavor. Out of the hour, I'll find 10 to 15 minutes of it actually worth paying attention to currently, but that is shortening as it firms up on the soap opera elements mets Allie MacBeal meets bad crime drama. Which, incidentally, describes a few Daily Soaps. Same basic writing, just change some names and you end up with the almost identical show. And, you get bonus sluts and beef-cake! Bonus!

24 is marketed as an action/suspense mini-series here. I have never watched it, as anything with Keither automatically sucks unless he dies a slow, painful death in it.

Damn, I sound more and more like Venom every day. He must be contagious!

fp
27-01-2005, 20:56:30
Originally posted by Darkstar
The majority of the time, I'm yawning through the show. It is still wallowing around, deciding its final flavor. Out of the hour, I'll find 10 to 15 minutes of it actually worth paying attention to currently,

Why do you watch when you clearly don't like it?

Venom
27-01-2005, 21:05:41
I'm not nearly that wordy.

zmama
27-01-2005, 21:28:14
Few are

Venom
27-01-2005, 22:00:19
Indeed

Darkstar
27-01-2005, 23:28:00
Sunday, 8pm... not anything worth watching here most of the time. So, I let it roll on until 9 pm, when there is an actual choice of things to watch.

It's really just background noise at this time, while I do other things on the computer.

Darkstar
27-01-2005, 23:28:45
There are many more wordy than I.

Scabrous Birdseed
28-01-2005, 08:53:11
"Soap Opera" suggests a melodramatic, often cheaply-written serials, generally aimed towards a female, working-class audience.

Series like The Sopranos or Six Feet Under have thematical, psychcological and aesthetic depth, world-class acting, often vastly higher production values and are aimed very much towards a cultural elite upper-middle-class audience.

You really can't see the difference?

Funkodrom
28-01-2005, 09:19:36
Absolutely. What SB said.

I can't argue about how they are marketed in the US though, perhaps the US has different definitions to the rest of the world.

BigGameHunter
28-01-2005, 10:49:25
It's not marketed as a soap opera here, it's a full on force of nature.
I have not watched it, because my gut told me it was the sort of event in entertainment that had a massive herd following (like Titanic or Harry Potter) and that is a major turn off for me.

Plus, anything that degrades humanity for pleasure and hints at hot people having illicit sex without me is against my personal mojo.

I can't manage to watch Lost every week...I don't think I can fit in another show at all.

Darkstar
28-01-2005, 21:57:32
So Scabs... if you get some quality actors, and shoot the series with HD, it's not a soap opera? Or if you aim it for the Elite, but keep all the other elements the same, it isn't a soap?

What are the distinct, unique qualities that make something a soap, versus merely a series?

Being an OOP programmer, I'm probably polluted. Like things often are the same thing, just the instance details differ. You know, a car is a car is a car, regardless of if its a Volkswagen, Rolls Royce, or BMW.

So, what precisely is a soap opera? That way I can be more precise and join the write in campaigns to get ABC to stop marketting it here as "the best evening soap opera since Dynasty". That's a quote from the latest ads and broadcast plugs for DH here.

Immortal Wombat
28-01-2005, 22:05:34
The major difference (here) is that soap operas are perpetual. They don't have series or points where all the storylines wind up, they just go on and on and on. Series come and go in 6/8/12/24 episode blocks, which generally have fairly distinct end points to their storylines. The fact that they are cheaper and dramatically speaking 'worse' probably stems from the need for continual output.

Darkstar
29-01-2005, 00:23:56
Humm...

Soap operas get cancelled. They go by seasonal agreements with with the option of being extended. The daily shows don't go in the 23/32 episode blocks, true, but they do go for a specific length of time (its in the contract for a minimal number of new episodes per season). Successful soaps get their contracts extended... unsuccessful soaps don't.

This is a fact of the business. So, by your definitition, everything that isn't a one shot show, is a soap opera. After all, even 3 part mini-series occasionally have their options exercised, turned into a series, and go on perptually until they no longer make the money. Or the cast decides to retire, and the company decides to retire the brand.

Was M*A*S*H a soap opera? By your definition, it was. It was perpetual... until they decided to call it quits. DH will be perpetual, until the cast gives up, or they get too boring and people stop watching them.

No show is perpetual. Other then Doctor Who. ;)

Immortal Wombat
29-01-2005, 00:35:13
Coronation Street has been running for 45 years. How long does a show have to be before it becomes perpetual?

Darkstar
29-01-2005, 03:00:35
Perpetual. That means, never ending, forever.

Do you think in 100 years, that Coronation Street will still be in production? How about in 1000? 10,000? 1,000,000,000,000,000,000?

Immortal Wombat
29-01-2005, 10:23:22
Probably. The British public's unending ability to watch complete crap never ceases to amaze me.

fp
29-01-2005, 11:32:01
Clearly the definition of what is or is not a soap opera changes when one crosses the Atlantic. To argue about it any further would be fruitless, but this being the internet I expect the debate to continue for some time yet. :D

Desperate Housewives is demonstrably not a soap opera. :p

Darkstar
31-01-2005, 21:58:42
Wombat, :lol: Well, I think that is true of any TV audience. ;)

FP, if it is demonstrably, then demonstrate it. Video tape the demo, and we can put "comfortably bummed" under it as background music. ;)

Funkodrom
01-02-2005, 09:02:26
Originally posted by fp
Clearly the definition of what is or is not a soap opera changes when one crosses the Atlantic. To argue about it any further would be fruitless, but this being the internet I expect the debate to continue for some time yet. :D

Desperate Housewives is demonstrably not a soap opera. :p

I agree 100% with this post.

Sir Penguin
01-02-2005, 09:57:52
Perpetual. That means, never ending, forever.

Do you think in 100 years, that Coronation Street will still be in production? How about in 1000? 10,000? 1,000,000,000,000,000,000?
That's a good point, you can't prove that something will go on forever, you can only prove that it doesn't, after it ends. But Darkstar is totally throwing it out as a last-ditch effort because he's wrong. Next I expect him to start nitpicking others' grammar or spelling.

SP

Rodgers
01-02-2005, 11:32:50
Is it an own goal to ask - "is there any reason to watch this programme other than to see hot MILFs getting shagged?"

Scabrous Birdseed
01-02-2005, 18:14:10
Darkstar, are you trying to argue that quality serial dramas are soap operas because there's no obvious cut-off point between them?

SORITES PARADOX!

Darkstar
01-02-2005, 19:37:11
I asked what defined a "soap opera". IW said the defining characteristic is that it is perpetual. That I disagree with. For example, Dark Shadows is a soap opera. But it eventually got cancelled. So, again, by IW's 'defining characteristic', it isn't a soap. Soaps are only soaps while in production. I believe IW will agree that a soap is still a soap even after it has been cancelled. So, its state of being in production is not an actual characteristic.

On quality: If you film a soap in HDTV format or with a simple handheld home video camera, it doesn't change if it is a soap or a "dramatic series". The show is what it is. If people performed it live in an afternoon theatre 3 times a week, and it was never taped to be broadcast later, it would still be a soap opera. Therefore, quality is not a defining characteristic.

It cannot be "poor acting". Too many shows that aren't soap possess poor acting.

It cannot be "poor scripts". Too many shows that are not soaps possess poor scripts.

So what qualities is it that makes a soap a soap? Is it that it is broadcast multiple times during the week ("daily")? It cannot be this, because when shows go into syndication and get ran multiple times a day, they don't suddenly become a soap opera. Everybody loves Raymond isn't a soap, is it? How about 3 Stooges? Star Trek?

So what's left? Character interaction? Character focus? Character growth? Ensemble casting?

Many of the quality characteristics (poor acting, poor scripting, poor video, poor sound) are functions of being produced on the cheap for one time, daily broadcasting. Why waste more money then you need to? It's not efficent.

So, again, what makes a soap opera a soap opera? If it is demonstrable (other then a few guys are watching it, and they don't normally watch "soaps"), then it should be easy to list and demonstrate.

SP, I'm not throwing it out as a last ditch effort. People claim they can easily demonstrate why DH isn't a soap. I'm waiting for that demonstration. So far, this hasn't happened.

Debaser
01-02-2005, 22:10:59
I asked what defined a "soap opera". IW said the defining characteristic is that it is perpetual. That I disagree with. For example, Dark Shadows is a soap opera. But it eventually got cancelled. So, again, by IW's 'defining characteristic', it isn't a soap. Soaps are only soaps while in production. I believe IW will agree that a soap is still a soap even after it has been cancelled. So, its state of being in production is not an actual characteristic.

Are you being deliberately obtuse?

"Soaps" are ongoing, as in they run and run, maybe taking the odd week off occasionally, but more often than not just running indefinately into the future. They are not chopped up into 6 or 12 or 15 or 25 episode seasons. They just run and run. Yes, eventually they may get cancelled, or they may not. This doesn't make a difference.

As I said to you before, a television "series" like Desperate Housewives has a finite number of episodes per season or (get this) "series". At the end of a season it may get recommissioned, or it may not. Occasionally it may have the plug pulled mid-season, but on the whole this is rare, and unimportant.

Anything still left unclear?

Sir Penguin
01-02-2005, 22:35:07
Are you being deliberately obtuse?
That's an elegant way of saying what I meant.

SP

Darkstar
01-02-2005, 22:47:14
It is perfectly clear that you do not know what seperates DH from a soap opera. It is perfectly clear this frustrates you, so you are now repeating your own point that has already been shown to not be distinctive or even a characteristic (as all TV shows have the same characteristic). What is unclear is where your keeper is, and how you have the brain power to type intelligibly by yourself.

Dynasty and Falcon Crest were both "soap operas". That is precisely how they were labelled and marketted: "Evening/Night Time Soap Operas". They had high production values because they had a week to film their show.

Just like the weekday shows, they had a set number of episodes per season. Maybe that escaps you Debaser? They have an episode count, and a season count. Big, successful series have multi-year contracts (but can still be cancelled at any time). Just like any other TV show in production.

But, according to you, Debaser, "The Price Is Right" is a soap opera. It films a large set of shows for frequent airing. And its long running.

For that matter, the Tonight Show is a daily, long running show. It has a high number of episodes required per season. Not the "traditional" amount of 6 or 12 or 15 or 25 episodes. Therefore, according to Debaser, it is a soap.

The local and national news, having a high number of contractual episodes per year to be produced and aired, must be a soap opera, according to Debaser's view of the universe.

DH is no different from "General Hospital". It has a contractual number of episodes per season that need to be produced. It is an open-ended collection of plots. These plots will just run and run, regardless of seasonal boundries. These plots are not chopped up into 6 or 12 or 15 or 25 episodes. It will be recommissioned as long as it is highly profitable.

So, once you get all that embarassed look off your face, how about getting serious about this, Mactard? So far, you haven't shown how DH isn't a soap. Just how it is, by your own definition.

Debaser
01-02-2005, 22:57:42
I'm not saying everything that is long running and not broken into seasons is a soap. Obviously I'm not saying news programs are soaps. I'm just telling you the difference between a soap and a series. Yes, soaps have yearly/2 yearly/5 yearly contracts, but they will be renewed mid contract, and the viewer need never know about this. There will be no gap. A series will run for (for example) 3 months (15 episodes), then take a break for 6 months while the next series is being made, then come back on our screens again.

Is this really that hard for you to grasp?

Hint: When two pages worth of posts disagree with you, then you're probably wrong.

Debaser
01-02-2005, 23:05:35
DH is no different from "General Hospital". It has a contractual number of episodes per season that need to be produced. It is an open-ended collection of plots.... These plots are not chopped up into 6 or 12 or 15 or 25 episodes.

Oh, and this is absolute bullshit. Of course the plots will tie up nicely at the end of the series. Sure, a few little thing will be left to develop the next series from, but everything else will be nicely concluded. You'd be a bit gutted if after 24 episodes of 24 everything was just left hanging, waiting 6months for the next series. This is probably the most retarded thing you've ever said. And that says a lot.

Darkstar
01-02-2005, 23:12:04
SP, it's not me being obtuse. I'm quite open minded on this. I could be wrong. I'm not married to the concept that DH is a soap. So far, noone is doing a good job of saying how it isn't one. It seems they've just pointed out how it is one.

So far, the main distinguishing characteristic of a soap opera, isn't even a charactertic of a soap. It is merely function of the shows being often used as day filler for TV programming. Like game shows and news. "They make a bunch of them, and air them often". That makes the Three Stooges a soap opera. Even I understand that the Three Stooges is not a soap opera. Sidebar: some of the monthly serials that were filmed at the same time as the Three Stooges were soap operas. At the time, they weren't called "soap operas" then, as that is a term that became common in the 50s. However, from our vantage point in history, we do call them "early" soap operas.

It is people claiming that they can list the characteristics that show it isn't. So far, it's been "well, there isn't like enough of them to show every day." That is a very week argument.

Debaser has finally listed additional characteristics. "Open plot". Plots that aren't dependant on seasonal boundries. That's a trait many different series have. Such as Cramer. Or Cheers. That doesn't make those shows soap operas. DH has several plots. It's introducing new twists and new whole plots. It's dropping others or letting them go to the background. The plots aren't dependant on seasonal time frame, nor seasonal bounds. So, it certainly sounds like a soap opera.

What about 24? Its got a story plot for one season. Elements of previous plots can carry over. I don't believe it is a soap opera. Maybe it's the tight plotting and tight story arc that causes the distincition? However, I've never watched 24. So all I know about it is second hand.

Was X-Files a soap? It had open-ended plots that didn't pay attention to seasonal boundaries. It introduced new plots, twisted existing ones, and dropped others. I don't think X-Files was a soap opera, but maybe I'm being obtuse? ;)

So far, however people stack it up, DH is a soap opera. A weekly soap opera. If that "weekly" aspect makes some people here feel more comfortable watching it, then fine. Whatever lets them indulge their inner "Peggy", sitting on the couch and munching on bonbons while watching their soap. I'm just surprised that there is such a soapaphobia expressed here. What's wrong with watching a soap if you like it? Plenty of normal, hetero men watch soaps.

Darkstar
01-02-2005, 23:26:07
Originally posted by Debaser
Oh, and this is absolute bullshit. Of course the plots will tie up nicely at the end of the series. Sure, a few little thing will be left to develop the next series from, but everything else will be nicely concluded. You'd be a bit gutted if after 24 episodes of 24 everything was just left hanging, waiting 6months for the next series. This is probably the most retarded thing you've ever said. And that says a lot.

Dude, I can go to Poly and get 10 pages of posts disagreeing with me about anything. That means nothing. And if ten people are telling you to kill your sister, that doesn't mean they are right and you are wrong. So your new argument that you are right is "well, the other gaywads agree with me, and the group is never wrong"?

You are the person being full of manure, Debaser. Plenty of serials stop dead cold. Maybe if you spent more time watching shows and less trying to figure out how to operate your Mac, you'd know that. They aren't going to tie up everything in DH when the show finally gets cancelled. Not unless they run the show for enough seasons that they get fair warning about it (cause the main stars want out), and have time to consider what loose plot threads they want to tie up. Have you ever seen a weekly or daily serial that gets cancelled in the first few years? They just stop cold. How about one that has stopped after 7 or so years? They will often tie up a few big plot threads, but they don't bother tieing up most. How about big serials that have run for decades? They only tie up a couple of things (have the star crossed lovers get married, have a few people finally grow some balls get their revenge, etc etc et).

Only when you do a set plot, like the original plot for Bab 5, do you get everything tied up into a neat package. And even then, they'll often write a few loose ends, just in case the series is extended or sequaled.

Debaser
01-02-2005, 23:30:44
Why are you obsessed with my Mac?

Darkstar
01-02-2005, 23:35:23
I was just going for an easy wink of a bad joke.

Sir Penguin
02-02-2005, 00:28:54
Originally posted by Sir Penguin
Next I expect him to start nitpicking others' grammar or spelling.
Close, SP, so close.

SP

Debaser
02-02-2005, 00:33:01
Haha, someone just started nitpicking his grammar and spelling in some other thread. It was me.

*hangs head in shame*

sleeping_satsuma
02-02-2005, 00:57:51
guys guys guys

WHO GIVES A SHIT???????????????????????????

Its a black comedy series, like 6 feet under.

Now shut up!!!! :rolleyes: :D

sleeping_satsuma
02-02-2005, 01:03:11
The hottest new US drama series is now showing on Channel 4 and E4! Desperate Housewives is a darkly comical smash hit portraying the reality behind the apparent domestic bliss of a group of wives in upmarket suburbia.

Thats the channel 4 listing

Sir Penguin
02-02-2005, 01:03:59
We're trying to resolve an important issue here.

SP

Debaser
02-02-2005, 01:05:49
And anyway, Six Feet Under's a soap.

NB: Darkstar, this is a joke.

Immortal Wombat
02-02-2005, 01:10:34
It also occurs to me that soap operas can continue even if the entire cast retire, since the program is built around the location(?) rather than the characters. The characters themselves come and go far more frequently than in a series which is almost always about some set of people.

Is there another American willing to clarify whether this argument is a function of cross-Atlantic scheduling differences, or a function of Darkstar's willful argumentativeness?

Sir Penguin
02-02-2005, 01:16:38
DS speaks only for himself, and maybe the little inbred hick town he grew up in.

SP

Darkstar
02-02-2005, 06:16:19
SP doesn't count as an American, being a spare from Canada.

Hey, lookie! Boston is a hick town! How cool is that? It is, however, highly inbred. More then my birthplace, actually...

IW, I don't know of many soaps that would survive the retirement of its entire cast. There are very important characters, and side characters that sometimes come into prominence for some time. And of course, all the hopping between white hat and black hat. ;) Anyways, people get attached to the characters. They want to see Luke and Laura get married, to see Scott get his revenge, to see Jackie get her comuptance. It's that factor that keeps them tuning in. That means ratings, and that means the show gets optioned further. Retiring the full cast would be the same as starting a new series. Bit risky, unless you are dealing with an actors strike. ;)

Immortal Wombat
02-02-2005, 12:39:28
Well yeah, you wouldn't do it deliberately. But equally I can't think of any soap (in Britain) which has any of the original cast in it. Soaps tend to have a higher rate of cast-turnover because of their interminable length.

fp
02-02-2005, 12:46:40
Originally posted by fp

Yay! I was right!

Sir Penguin
03-02-2005, 01:03:19
Only half-right. The definition of what is or is not a soap changes when one crosses Darkstar's uniquely strong Reality Distortion Field. Even more than it normally changes from person-to-person.

SP

Darkstar
03-02-2005, 20:55:30
Not even close, SP. Looks like you are gravitationally collasping into your own Darkstar.

And reality doesn't distort until its a fair distance away from me. ;)

Sir Penguin
03-02-2005, 20:59:00
See? The reality of my post was distorted to such a degree that DS thought it was supposed to be "close" to something that it wasn't.

SP

Darkstar
03-02-2005, 21:21:14
I can't believe you missed that joke. Damn, I underestimated your Astronomy geek factor. :(

Sir Penguin
04-02-2005, 00:25:49
I got it. I ignored it because it didn't make sense. :)

SP

Darkstar
07-02-2005, 20:29:30
Ah. Like most of what I say. ;)

Debaser
07-02-2005, 23:14:58
http://www.popmatters.com/music/reviews/various/images/various-hallelujah.jpg